Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Three ❯ Training for Team 7 and Blowing Up a Few Jerks ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
‘Thoughts’
“Normal speaking”
Kyuubi speaking
Training for Team 7 and Blowing Up a Few Jerks
The Three
And so, the day after Uchiha Sasuke, Haruno Sakura, and Uzumaki Naruto became team 7, they met at the training grounds for, well, training. And Kakashi was late, again. The trio decided to vent their frustration in a positive way, namely blowing stuff up. Sakura worked on her super strength, Sasuke worked on a lightning jutsu he was developing, and Naruto worked on infusing his sais with chakra. This was how the silver-haired jounins found his charges, and the landscape itself was looking significantly worse for wear. Sakura, sensing his presence murmured “You’re late sensei…”
“Aa, well, you see, there was this old lady that I had to help cross a road, and then there was this cat…”
“Spare the excuses. They’re annoying.” Sasuke said. Naruto contributed to the conversation by glaring at Kakashi, communicating his displeasure silently. Their perverted sensei gave an eye-smile and scratched the back of his head nervously. “Well now, should I get to what I was going to explain?
I was going to talk about squad specialties. Each genin squad has a specialty. Asuma, for example, teaches the InoShikaCho combination, who actually work in detainment jutsus. Their clan techniques have been proven to complement each other, so they were put on the same team. Kurenai’s squad specializes in information gathering. With a Byakugan, the Aburame clan techniques, and an Inuzaka, they are perfect for the job. And Maito Gai’s team specializes in combat with a weapons mistress, a Hyuuga genius, and a taijutsu expert.
Our team will specialize in heavy combat. The difference between regular combat and heavy combat is that heavy combat specialists are trained for war-like conditions, to keep fighting on and on without stopping for rest.”
Sakura, the analytical one, said “So basically we have to have a large amount of chakra, but have powerful enough techniques to finish enemies off quickly. Doesn’t that just mean that we are stronger then these so-called combat specialists?”
“Not necessarily, no. A combat specialized team is put together with the idea that the cell will have plenty of time to rest. If they have rest, they will be able to give a good fight. Anyways, on to training, ne? The first thing you guys are gonna do is tree climbi-” Kakashi was cut off before he could finish the sentence.
“We can already do that.” Sasuke interrupted, irritated.
Kakashi raised an eyebrow. “Really? Show me.”
To the jounin’s surprise, all three of them easily ran to the top of their respective trees and hung upside down from a branch for added effect. He blinked once and sighed. This team was going to give him problems, he just knew it. “Alright, then next would be the water walking…”
“We can do that too.” Naruto said bluntly.
Th silver haired jounins blinked and raised his eyebrow farther, if that was possible. “Uh, well, then I guess we’ll have to go somewhere…”
Sakura rolled her eyes at their perverted sensei. “No need.” She said as she flashed through a series of handseals. “Doton: Lakebed jutsu!”
Her two fellow genin watched unsurprised as part of the land in the training grounds disappeared, leaving a moderate-sized pit behind. Kakashi, on the other hand, was very surprised. The chakra he felt coming off of the pink-haired kunoichi shouldn’t have been enough to use that kind of jutsu. He was right; something was defiantly off with his genin team.
The blonde jinchuuriki shrugged, made a few handseals of his own and called out “Ninpou: Water Collection jutsu!”
Immediately, balls of water formed around Naruto and condensed, forming a huge orb of water. He flicked his fingers and the liquid landed in the pit with a large splash, filling it up.
Kakashi’s charges were starting to scare him. ‘To have that much water…he must have stretched his jutsu halfway around Konoha!’ the jounin realized in shock. ‘That takes a lot of chakra…especially for a kid his age…’
While he had been day-dreaming, the trios of genin were already walking around on the surface of the water like it was dry land. ‘Ah well…Time to see how good they are at keeping focus.’ With this thought in mind, Kakashi went through his own combination of seals and called out “Katon: Housenka no jutsu!”
Three fireballs flew towards the genin. Naruto was the first to react, snapping his arms out and starting to move in a way that was disturbingly similar to the Hyuuga’s kaiten. Kakashi’s suspicions were confirmed when the blonde called out “Fuuton: Kaiten!”
Milliseconds after, Sasuke and Sakura made their own moves. Sasuke pulled a fuuma shuriken from the holster on his back and started channeling chakra through it. The shuriken started glowing and the chakra eventually expanded to form a shield. The raven-haired shinobi called out “Fuuma Shuriken: Shield!” Sakura placed her hand on the surface of the water and pushed her chakra down to the ground, and summoned a pillar of earth from, well, the earth. As she did this she called out the name of the technique, “Doton: Rock Pillar!” The huge amount of rock shot up from the water and carried Sakura high above the ground.
The fireball intended for Sakura crashed into the pillar of rock that had emerged from the ground, causing no damage. Sasuke’s dissipated upon contact with his chakra shield, while the phoenix flower aimed for Naruto was whipped around his shield of wind and disappeared after burning itself out.
“Very impressive you three. You kids have good reflexes, and obviously a lot more jutsu than most genin do. IT also takes pretty good chakra control to perform ninjutsu while water-walking.” Kakashi said as he smiled lazily. Sakura scowled. “Now I wasted that chakra for nothing. Thanks a lot.”
The silver haired jounin scratched the back of his head. “Hmm. I have absolutely no clue where you three are at, but I assume you train daily, ne? For now, just go over your regular training on the water.” With that, the rest of the day began.
~
Kakashi was shocked. His students were pretty advanced, far beyond what genin should be. They all had large chakra capacities and knew a lot of ninjutsu, and each had their own taijutsu style, and he had never heard about or seen anything like it before. Weird. “Alright, that’s enough. Training is over for today.” The jounin said before he poofed away. The trio shrugged. They had something planned for tonight after all.
“C’mon, let’s go to my place.” Naruto said. Sakura and Sasuke nodded, and they walked away from the training grounds.
~
The Three entered Naruto’s small apartment. While it might look shabby on the outside, inside it was surprisingly neat and clean. A few sais were held in a rack, and scrolls were stacked neatly on a shelf. Naruto walked over to one and pulled it out of the shelf. “Okay.” Sasuke said. “We might as well get ready. I’ve been waiting for ages to get rid of these lowlifes.”
Naruto nodded in agreement. For the last month, the trio had been hunting a gang that had a habit of raping random girls and killing anyone who crossed them. Sakura had recently found out where their base was, and The Three were going there tonight to annihilate the gang. The blonde’s face twisted up in disgust as he remembered the last time he had seen the trail of destruction
Flashback
The Three had just entered the town as the putrid stench of human intestines hit their noses at full-force. The trio of shinobi hesitantly entered the town square to find that the whole village had been brutally slaughtered. Everybody, young and old, was lying on the ground, dead. Crimson blood was everywhere, glistening in the moonlight. The dead had their faces twisted up in agony, and it was painfully obvious that everyone had died a slow, bloody, and painful death. Sakura stood in shock at the brutality of the massacre and Sasuke was hyperventilating, remembering painful things. Naruto was just staring out into space blankly. Of all the violence these three had seen, this was by far the worst.
End Flashback
Naruto shook his head to clear it and pulled out one of the scrolls. The blonde opened it, showing a seal with the character for “Three” on it. Naruto bit his thumb and swiped the blood along the seal while shoving chakra into it, causing three cloaks and three sets of weapons to appear on top of the scroll.
One of the cloaks was orange trimmed with black, with the kanji ‘Kaze’ on the back. This one was Naruto’s. The second was red with white edges with the kanji ‘Tsuchi’, ad belonged to Sakura. The last one was blue with purple and had ‘Hi’ written on it. This one belonged to Sasuke. The characters on the back of their cloaks reflected on the nature of their chakra, kaze meaning wind, tsuchi meaning earth, and hi meaning fire. It was by these names that The Three were known.
The weapons that had come from the scroll were similar to the ones they wore for day-to-day use, except they all had the character for three carved in them somewhere. Fully into their hidden identities, The Three shunshined out of Naruto’s house and towards the hideout of their prey.
~
The Three were standing on a hill, silhouetted by the full moon. They stared down at the base. It seemed that some of the members of the gang were high-level nukenin, as there was a relatively competent genjustu cast around the encampment. The Three shrugged it off like it was nothing. They had seen far worse before. Sasuke glared down at the base, remembering the destruction they had come upon while tracking the gang. “Let’s finish them with a bang.” The raven-haired shinobi growled.
Sakura narrowed her eyes. “Yes. Let us finish it with a bang”
“I think it is time for a phoenix.” Naruto said, smirking.
The other two nodded. The Three started forming handseals, some of which were not found in the rest of the shinobi world. After they finished the long series of seals they called out in unison “Triple Chakra jutsu: Phoenix Rebirth!”
An aura of chakra appeared around each of the shinobi. After a few seconds, the customary sky blue started changing to different colors however. On Naruto, it became a bright orange. On Sakura, it became a cherry red. On Sasuke, it became a cobalt blue. The three chakra colors snaked towards the ground, being absorbed by it. After the last trace of chakra had been absorbed, a huge bird burst from the earth, made of the three colors of chakra. With a loud screech it flung itself to the gang’s base. When it reached its destination, the phoenix exploded, completely destroying the camp and everyone in it while leaving a glow of orange, red, and blue high in the sky. It could probably be seen even in Konoha, which was several kilometers away.
The Three looked at their handiwork and returned home after leaving their mark, the kanji of three.
~
Sarutobi looked out his window to see a flare of some very… oddly colored chakra. He sighed and leaned back into his chair. ‘I’m too old for this kind of shit…’ he thought to himself before summoning an Anbu squad.
The Sandaime ordered the squad to check the area of the chakra flare. They reported back about half an hour later and said that it was The Three’s work. Sarutobi sighed. The Three had eliminated several missing-nins, but left the unanswerable question of just who were The Three?
*Fuuko-chan*
This was mostly a filler chapter, so just bear with me for now. It basically shows what the daily lives of team 7 are like. Imagine repeating this daily, and you’ve got the basic idea.
BTW, if you have any particular preference on the pairings, put your two cents in soon. I have no idea who is going to end up with who, but it’s unlikely that there will be any romance for Sakura, Sasuke, or Naruto. Once pairings are decided, they will not change.
Arigato to all of my readers. I hope I didn’t disappoint you.
‘Till next time!