Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Three ❯ Tazuna-jiji?! ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tazuna-jiji?!
The Three
“Hug it harder, hug it harder…” Naruto chanted as Shijima was reunited with her dear `Tora-chan'. Sakura cackled evilly when she heard him. “Oh yes. Hug it, and then give the carcass to me so I can scatter it all across Hi no Kuni…”
Kakashi winced. He knew very well that the doton user meant every word that she said. `Poor cat…'
“Hn.” Sasuke added. “I agree with you, for once…”
Sarutobi shuffled is papers. “Alright. The available missions are as follows: weed the Kirisawa's garden, take out the trash for the Ukitakes, babysit for the Kurosakis…” The Hokage trailed off as he noticed that a certain Haruno Sakura was extremely pissed at the moment.
“Hokage-sama…” she said in a deadly voice. “I request a C-rank mission for my team seeing as how Academy students could do those D-ranks…”
Hiruzen almost flinched at the pinkette's deadly tone. “Fine, fine…Here, a C-rank escort. You will be escorting a bridge builder back to his homeland in the Wave. Tazuna-san, enter please.”
All of the genin looked at each other when they heard the name of the client. `Could it be...' they all wondered.
Their suspicions were confirmed when an old man smelling of sake entered the room, surveying the team that had been assigned to him. “What's this? I ask for protection and I get a bunch of brats?”
“Tazuna-jiji?!” Naruto said, practically shouting.
“Looks like your drinking habits haven't improved since we last saw you…” Sasuke commented.
Kakashi was just about to apologize for his student's rudeness when a spark of recognition lit up in the bridge-builder's eye. “Naruto-kun? Sakura-chan? Sasuke-teme?” he asked. “Sorry, I didn't recognize you guys at first…”
Sasuke glowered at the `teme' suffix, while Naruto grinned and Sakura smirked. “It's been a while hasn't it?” the Haruno commented. “We can get caught up on the road.”
~
Gomensai!
This chapter was really short. I have a headache from writing it. What does this tell me? My muse is drying up. Wonderful. NOT!!!