Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of The Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Chapter- 2

It was a bright, sunny day in Konoha, in which everyone was happy and joyous. Well, mostly everyone. Those who didn't like the sun weren't really that overjoyed, and were probably still asleep. But, not for long!

As usual on these kinds of days, Hinata was awakened by the sun. And also like usual, she wasn't happy about that.

'Man! How many times do I have to ask Hanabi to not open our blinds in the morning, or leave them open when she goes to sleep?!!' Hinata silently complained as she got ready for another day at West Konoha High.

After she was pretty much ready, Hinata glanced at her clock to see if she didn't have any extra time to stay inside. Unfortunately, she didn't. She wasn't late or anything, but if she waited much longer, she'd miss the bus.

She quickly dashed downstairs, eager to completely miss her father, Neji, and Hanabi that morning.

Hinata was lucky; she was able to avoid them on her way out.

'Yes! That's 30 more seconds of complete freedom from my mask of joy!'

Soon enough, Hinata found herself at the bus stop, though the bus wasn't there yet.

"Hinata!!" She heard someone call to her.

One glance in their direction told her that it was Neji.

"Oh, N-Neji! G-good morning." Hinata greeted in fake joy.

"You too. I'm sorry for not waiting this morning; I wanted to meet up with Tenten to discuss our presentation we're doing today." Her cousin explained.

"I-it's not a p-problem." Hinata replied.

"Good. But, there's something I'd like to ask. Where'd you go last night?" Neji questioned. "I saw you leave really late when I came home from my job. You ran by me really fast, so I couldn't ask you then. I was actually a bit worried, but I figured you must have left a homework assignment or something at Tenten's yesterday, but when I asked her, she said you didn't leave anything, and she never saw you last night either."

Hinata had no clue as to how she could explain, and, luckily for her, the bus pulled up right at that moment.

Hinata ran up to the doorway and climbed inside before her cousin could say anything more.

'Now! To find a seat with someone else sitting in it.

She saw quite a few, but they were all getting others to sit on them. She thought she found someone when she saw Tenten, but Neji sat by her right before Hinata could get over there. Only one seat left...

...By Sasuke Uchiha.

Hinata was pretty much frozen in fear. She had nowhere else to sit; 'Only two people per bench'; that was the law. But, Sasuke was so mean and cold! Better off breaking the law than sit there. Besides, it was already considered a law for people who rode her bus that, "No one sits by Sasuke Uchiha. NO ONE."

While Hinata was in the middle of an internal conflict, the bus driver turned around and said, "Sit down, or else we can't go!"

Hinata had no other option. She had to sit there.

She quietly walked over to the empty seat and sat down on the very edge.

Sasuke merely glanced in her direction with a raised eyebrow and very slightly amused look in his eyes before turning back to stare out the window.

It was then that Hinata noticed every single person staring at her; she saw all of her friends looking at her in concern, every Sasuke-fangirl glaring at her in disgust, and every guy and girl who wasn't her friend or Sasuke's fangirl/boy looked at her in awe.

Hinata just shrank back into her seat, trying her best to not draw any attention to herself, which was very hard.

As they drove, Sasuke, who was looking out of the window, suddenly turned away, shut his eyes, and used his hands as a type of shield from something. This got Hinata to glance out of the window for a split second, only to be met by the sun's light, which was shining right in her face due to the buses current position, and the early time of day. Hinata did the same thing as Sasuke before she mumbled "I hate the light..." so quietly that only Sasuke could hear.

Though it wasn't really meant for him to hear, Sasuke replied with, "I hate it too."

Hinata was pretty surprised at his actually speaking, but tried to ignore it.


Fortunately, the ride only lasted about fifteen minutes from then on, but for Hinata, fifteen minutes was a very, very long time to be in any spotlight.

She quickly got up and walked out of the bus, Sasuke in tow.

She thought, though they still had at least twenty minutes, he was just going to go to class once they got into the school, so she payed no heed to his following her as she did her best to continue avoiding her cousin Neji. But, that wasn't Sasuke's plan.

As she continued to briskly wander around, she really had thought that Sasuke was gone.

This assumption was corrected when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Huh?" Hinata mumbled,as she turned around to find Sasuke right behind her. "O-oh! Uchiha-san! I'm s-sorry about t-today in the bus. Th-there was nowhere e-else to sit, s-so..." Hinata trailed off. But, now that she thought about it, why did she have to sit there? Before, there was no problem on the bus like that; no one had to sit by him. 'We must've gotten a new student.' Hinata thought.

"--night?" Sasuke finished a sentence Hinata had not heard.

"What? I-I didn't catch that, U-Uchiha-san." Hinata apologized, bowing. 'How could I have done that?! I can't believe I spaced out when I was talking to Sasuke Uchiha!'

Sasuke sighed before saying, "Nevermind." and walking off to class.

Hinata just shrugged it off, and continued wandering around the campus until the bell rang twenty minutes later. She proceeded to make her way into the school to her locker. On her way, she ran into Neji.

"Answer my question, Hinata." Neji began his interrogation.

"Qu-question?" Hinata played innocent.

"Answer me. Now." Neji didn't believe her, and ignored her efforts to get out of the mess.

"I-I was going to the library t-to g-get a b-book for a report I forgot a-about. It's d-due to day, s-so I needed to g-get it then." Hinata lied.

"...I'll accept your answer; for now." Neji backed down.

Hinata breathed a sigh of relief, and went over to her locker to get some books.

But, on the locker door, there was note that read;

Why do you hate the light?
Do you love the night?

There was no signature, but Hinata knew it was Sasuke; he was the only one she told.

She had no idea as to how she could reply other than by a note on his locker.

On this note, she answered his questions as best she could and taped it on his locker before running off to class.

But, the answers weren't the only things written. she had a question of her own. "Why did you care?"

TO BE CONTINUED

Thanks for the reviews; I hope to get more.

I tried pretty hard on this chapter, so please review!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei