Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of The Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Chapter- 3

Hinata made it to her first period class, math, right before the bell rang. She quickly sat down in her assigned seat, got her homework and book out and looked to the teacher for further directions.

Once the teacher had everyone's attention, she proceeded to explain what they'd do during their fifty minute class.

"Today, we'll be splitting into groups of five, and then your group can do the our homework together." Kurenai explained. Immediately, the room was buzzing with the students' excitedly deciding who they'd do the work with.

Hinata smiled a bit and looked around for her friends, doing her best to avoid any other students asking her to be in their groups. It wasn't unusual to work in groups for Kurenai's class, the teacher made great emphasis on teamwork, but everytime they did Hinata had a hard time making sure she was in a group with friends. Hinata wasn't popular at all, and she got teased often abgout her quiet and reserved personality and over her 'white' eyes, though they were actually lavender, but when it came to schoolwork, Hinata was suddenly one of the most popular girls in class. Hinata knew it was only because she was intelligent that anyone other than her friends would ask her into their groups, so she always avoided getting asked, and if she couldn't she would politely decline and make her way to her small group of close friends.

Her group of friends included a boy named Kiba, another named Shino who's Kiba's best friend, a girl named Temari, and her absolute best friend Gaara.

Temari was actually a year older then the rest, but, though she was advanced in all other subjects, she wasn't the best at mathematics, but it was only because she had to basically miss a whole year of it back in middle school. She didn't miss a day of the class or anything, but, the teacher, who was new, wasn't good at teaching, couldn't control the class, and thus taught nothing to anyone. So pretty much anyone who had to have him that year (He was fired the next) was stuck in a lower grades mathematics because in their freshman year they all had to take what should've been taken in middle school.

Hinata was secretly a bit happy about this, because even though it made her friend angry to be in the class, Hinata enjoyed her, and the rest of her friends, company.

Those listed weren't her only friends; just her main group. She also had Tenten, her cousin's girlfriend and Temari's best friend, Neji, her over-protective cousin, Rock Lee who was Neji's best friend, and Naruto, though she didn't hang out with him really, was also her good friend and 'Crush' even though she was really faking her 'feelings' for him so everyone thought she was a bright-color/sun loving girl, even though she was not.

You may have been surprised when you read that Gaara and Hinata are best friends. It's true. Gaara was Hinata's first friend, and Hinata was Gaara's when they were both in first grade.

Soon enough, Hinata had made it to her group and they all set to work. It was the same as usual in their group when it came to mathwork; Kiba and Temari asking Hinata tons of questions, Hinata answering as best she could, Kiba yelling in glee when he finally understood something, Shino calmly insulting Kiba, Kiba getting really mad, Temari laughing at Kiba, Kiba getting madder and insulting Temari, Temari getting angry and insulting him back, Gaara rolling his eyes and doing the math, Hinata nervously giggling before resuming her work, Shino already finished and looking at Temari and Kiba amusedly, Kurenai saying there was only five minutes left, and temari and Kiba hastily copying from the reluctant Hinata. And, as she always felt when with her dear friends, Hinata being joyous and feeling as though her heart would practically overflow with love and happiness when in their presences.

Of course, she'd have to savor this happiness, because as soon as she was home it's be gone. Her family didn't exactly accept her. Her father and sister both thought she was a worthless piece of trash. Hinata wasn't good enough for them, and she knew this. But, she still tried. She did her best to be good enough, but, it was never enough. Hinata felt bad about it. She felt that it was her fault that her family was so messed up. They only had four people in this family, including her cousin Neji, though they had five before her mother died. When her mother was around, they were a happy five-person family. It really was a home to everyone. But, when Hinata was five her mother died, leaving Hiashi, his daughters Hanabi and Hinata, and his nephew whose own parents had both died, Neji alone.

And that home was no longer a 'home'. Hiashi had deced that he needed to be stronger. That he needed to lead the family with an iron fist of he wanted to get over his loss. Unfortunately, this fist was predominantly directed at his first-born, Hinata. He wanted her to be strong; the strongest person, to be smart; the smartest person, to be talented; the most talented. He wanted her to be the best out of everyone ever worth comparison. But Hinata couldn't handle the weight of this fist of his. She fell on the ground from the pressure, and no matter how hard she tried to stand back up, the fist was just too much for her.

And this made Hiashi angry. Thus, he dubbed her the 'failure'. Her sister, follwing her father's lead, dubbed her the 'stupid weakling'. Any relatives wh visited the family were quick to do the same as Hiashi and Hanabi, and dubbed her the 'idiot' or the 'Loser' or the 'moron'. Any bad thing they could think of, they'd call Hinata everytime they saw her. And it hurt. Even her grandmother, who Hinata had loved when her mother was alive, and who Hinata thought had loved her back, joined in. She called Hinata a 'Fool'.

The only person related to Hinata that didn't join in on the fun was her cousin Neji. He remained on her side and supported her. This hurt Hinata too, though, because she felt guilty. Even though Neji was a prodigy in the family, and even though they never say anything to hi, Hinata heard criticism from her other relatives about him. And it was because of her. They'd all say mean things about Neji because he actually likedcher. Her; the idiot, the moron, the weakling, the loser, the fool: the failure of the Hyuuga.

It hurt her; a lot. She hated going back to her 'home'. It was always an unhappy place for Hinata.

But, once it was nighttime and everyone was asleep, she could go and be the happiest she'd been all day.

Soon enough, first period was over and Hinata was getting ready to go to her language arts class next.

"Bye, Hinata!" Temari called as she ran off to her next class.

"Oh... B-bye!" Hinata called softly after her friend.

"Well, me and Shino gotta go, too!!" Kiba explained, before he and Shino went to their next period.

Hinata and Gaara, who had the same schedules, were left in the hallway alone to do nothing, because their class was right next door.

"Hinata." Gaara began.


"Y-yes?" Hinata asked.

"I'm going to go get some soda from the vending machine. I'll get you some sprite." Gaara explained.

"Thank y-you!" Hinata said.

Gaara nodded his head and walked towards the vending machine.

As soon as he was out of earshot, Sakura and Ino, two of Hinata's least favorite classmates, walked over to her and said in unision, "Hello there, Hinata."

Now, it wasn't that these two were mean to her. No, Hinata didn't think so. It was just that they annoyed her. They were both pretty popular, and rather nice, but, they got on even Hinata's nerves sometimes. She supposed they were just trying to be her friend, but, they just bothered her.

"Hello." Hinata greeted.

"Sakura and I just have to tell something that's great!" Ino started.

"Yes! It's wonderful!" Sakura added.

"What i-is it?" Hinata asked. She didn't like the sound of this.

"You see! We just looked at the list of groups for our language arts project, and guess what?!" Ino explained.

"Wh-what?" Hinata urged them to continue.

"You're on our team!!" Sakura and Ino finished.

"O-oh..." Hinata mumbled. 'Great.' "Who e-else?"

"Well, there's also Gaara, your friend, um... there's Rock Lee..and--" Sakura trailed off when Ino smiled the biggest smile Hinata had ever seen, and Sakura joined her friend in that smile, and suddenly, in unision, they both yelled in clear joy,
"SASUKE UCHIHA!!!"

"This is the best!!"

"I know!!"

The two girls began a huge conversation about Sasuke's greatness, leaving Hinata alone with her own thoughts. But, suddenly, Gaara tapped her on the shoulder.

"I guess you heard about our group, then." Gaara commented, and Hinata nodded.

'Great. I'm in Sasuke's group. That means I'll have to sit by him in class, and he might talk to me, and he probably saw my note! Now he'll bring it up to me, and I won't know what to say because we'll be with Sakura, Ino, Lee, and Gaara and they'll hear! Then my whole facade will be ruined. This is just great.' Hinata thought when the bell rang and they all filed into the classroom and sat down in their specified groups for the project.

TO BE CONTINUED

Hey! Thanks for the reviews. I hope to recieve many, many more!! I hope everyone likes this chapter. If oyu did, review. If you didn't, review.

So, about the names for the classes such as 'math' and 'Language Arts'. I know that in highschool it's more specific, but, I'm not in highschool, so I've no clue what math they all should in when they're all...Hm...let's say they're all juniors, 'cept Neji, Lee, Tenten, Temari, and Kankurou (And of course the teachers).

By the way... Lee isn't great at language arts (English, for those of you who don't use the term language arts) so he's with the junior class.

I'm not sure how m any periods the usual highschool has, so I'm going to make it six or seven.

I'm not familiar with highschool, so, if anyone has any tips for my writing about that, do tell me.

I hope I get many reviews!!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei