Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of The Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Chapter- 4

"Eeek!! Sasuke! Aren't you glad you and I are on the same team?!" Sakura immediately began screeching in poor, poor Sasuke's ear.

"No he isn't!! But I'm sure his happiness over being partnered up with me makes up for all of the sadness at being with you!!" Ino squealed.

"Hello there, dear friends!!" Lee jumped into his lecture of youthfulness and such.

Hinata and Gaara just looked at eachother and waited for their group to calm down.

This took about fifteen whole minutes before Sasuke said in a calm, yet clearly irritated voice, "Quiet."

Everyone shut their mouths, sat down in their seats, and looked at Sasuke.

"We need to get to work." Sasuke stated. "Sakura and Ino. Go get our assignment from Kakashi."

"Yes, dear!!" They both agreed excitedly as they ran off to get the assignment.

Soon enough, they rushed back both with a sheet of paper in hand. "I GOT IT SASUKE!!" They both screamed.

Sasuke merely sighed and took the papers from both of their hands so he didn't start an arguement.

He gave one to Gaara and Hinata and read the other to himself before giving it to Lee who read it and gave it to Sakura and Ino.

Once everyone had read the assignment, they all looked around awkwardly.

Sakura and Ino both had their eyes on Sasuke, with fierce looks in their pupils, Lee stared at Sakura, Hinata looked at everyone, Gaara looked at Hinata, and Sasuke looked at no one.

After a few moments of silence, Sakura and Ino both yelled. "I CALL SASUKE!!"

"...No." Sasuke objected.

"Sakura!! Be my partner!!" Lee asked.

"No way!!" Sakura objected.


"Well...Let's be partners, Hinata." Gaara suggested.

"Oka--" Hinata was agreeing, when Kakashi broke.

"I apologize to you all, but, I won't let you all choose who you want to partner up with. As I'm sure you realized by the assignment, these really aren't group projects. No one's is; everyone in the class is doing the same thing, actually. Once you get a partner, there's no point to having groups at all because you've nothing to work on in a group. This project is a partner project. The reason I made groups was because I didn't want Ino and Sakura to have the option of Sasuke; or any of the other fangirls for that manner. I made most of the other groups so they can go ahead and pick their own partners, but, I let someone else do the next two groups, and, they made a huge mistake with yours. Thus, I'll choose your partners."

"AWWWWWW!!!" Ino, Sakura, and Lee all sighed.

"First up: Ino and Gaara!"

"What?!! Not Sasuke!!" Ino whined.

"Great. Just great." Gaara said sarcastically.

"Next: Lee and Sakura!!" Kakashi continued.

"WHAT?! I HAVE TO WORK WITH BUSHY EYEBROWS?!!" Sakura screeched disbelievingly.

"AT LEAST HE HAS EYEBROWS!!" Ino yelled back.

"AT LEAST GAARA'S ATTRACTIVE!" Sakura screamed back.

"YES!! I'M WITH SAKURA!!" Lee yelled in joy.

"And that leaves you two to work together, Sasuke and Hinata." Kakashi finished. "Now, all of you! Go to totally different areas of the room!"

They did as they were told and split up. Hinata and Sasuke stayed in the same place.

"What should we write?" Sasuke asked.

"I h-have no c-clue." Hinata admitted. She was good at language arts, but, when it came to this, even she had no clue as to what she could write.

In another five minutes of silence, the bell rang. They both got up and got ready to go when Kakashi announced, "Remember!! This project's due in three weeks!!"

Hinata hads no clue as to why they had so much time, but she was not complaining. They definitely needed it.

"Hinata." Sasuke said before she left. "Let's both think about what to write tonight, and tell eachother tomorrow." Sasuke explained before quickly going off to his locker.

Hinata was relieved that he hadn't mentioned the locker note in class. She was quite concerned about that. But, she really didn't want to team up with him on this. With Gaara, they could've finished already.

As Hinata walked out of the room, she glanced down at the paper that said what the assignment was in her hand.

It read:

For this project, your group is not at all necessary. You will have one partner from your group for this. The assignment is the following: You and your partner must write a poem about your relationship. It must explain it through and through; I don't want any dumb poems that just say stuff like: We have five classes together, or, once we sat next to eachother on the bus. It has to be deep. If you hand in a stupid one, you will get an F, which will bring your grade down to F with it; even if you have an A+ because this counts for 90% of your grade, which is because we barely did any work in here for the triad so this is all I really have to grade you on. Good luck.

'If I don't pass this, I'll fail the whole class, and then I really will be a failure through and through!' Hinata thought in frustration as she walked up to the waiting Gaara to go to their next class: science with Mr. Gai.

"GOOD MORNING, CLASS!! Welcome to your third period, which is undoubtedly your absolute favorite period because it's taught by yours truly; ME!!" Gai-Sensei began the class as he always did; with a loud and joyful speech about the great morning, or the great class, or the great him.

Everyone just sat there daydreaming throughout his whole lecture, like everyone always did. Even the good students, like Hinata did.

Hinata was thinking about what she could write for her project. 'Well... We sat on the bus together today--Oh, wait. He said not to write something stupid, and he even used that as an example...Well, as of today, we've officially worked on project together...No, that's really dumb; to use the entire assignment as your only relationship!'

While Hinata was thinking about this, Gaara was also lost in thought. 'Why couldn't Hinata and I be partnered up? We would've finished by now... Ino has nothing to do with me, and I don't want her to have anything to do with me.' While Gaara pondered on this, his friend Kiba handed him a note.

It read, in very messy writing: "Hey! What's up? Who'd you get teamed up with for the poem thing (I heard about it from someone in your class)"

Gaara took out his pencil and scribbled as messily as Kiba the answer, and passed it back to Kiba.

Kiba read the note and wrote something down hurriedly before handing it back.

This time it read: "Ino?!! The georgous, yet annoying Ino? Normally I'd say 'Lucky!', but in your case, that sucks! I mean, she probably annoys the heck outta someone like you, Gaara!! But, what about Hinata?"

Gaara wrote his reply: "The annoying Ino, yes. The georgous Ino? Whatever. And, yes, she does annoy me. And Hinata is with Sasuke Uchiha."

Kiba read this, and got a shocked look on his face.

He quickly wrote: "SASUKE UCHIHA?!! NO WAY!! I can't believe Hinata is stuck with him!!"

Gaara wrote: "Well, unfortunately, she is. And I don't think she's happy about it, either."

Kiba wrote: "Your only mad because you have a huge crush on her!!"

Gaara wrote: "No, I don't. She's my best friend, and I don't trust Sasuke."

Kiba wrote: "Whatever, man!"

Gaara read this, rolled his eyes, and crumpled the paper up. He really didn't have a crush on her. She was his best friend, and he didn't trust Sasuke with her. That was all. Admittedly, he did have a massive crush on her before. Back in elementary and middle school. But, that was a long time ago, and he'd come to realize that he just wanted them to be friends. Still, everyone assumed he had feelings for her, and many were convinced they'd get married someday; But, Gaara, and Hinata, were both used to that and ignored it.

When he was about to take a new sheet of paper out to draw, someone tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around to find Ino.

She handed him a note that said: "Hi!" on it.

Gaara was a bit confused as to why she was writing a note with him, but just wrote a quick "Hello." on it and handed it back.

Ino wrote back: "So, what should we do for our poem?"

Gaara replied: "I have no idea."

Ino suggested: "Hey! Why don't we work on it after school?"

Gaara, though reluctant, decided that they should finish as soon as possible, agreed: "...Fine. Where at?"

Ino got a cute smile and a happy look in her eyes before writing back: "How about the public library? We can walk from school there together."

Though Gaara wasn't excited about walking around with some fangirl, he replied: "Allright. I'll meet you on the steps in front of the school."

Ino wrote: "Okay!"

An that was the end of the note, because, to Ino's sad dismay, Gaara put an end to their little conversation by crumpling the note up.

After a while, the bell once again rang and all of the students got up and left the room.

Hinata told Gaara she needed to get her P.E. clothes from her book locker and that she'd meet him back at the P.E. area after she got them and got dressed.

Once Hinata got to her locker, she saw a note on it.

She walked over, took it off, got her clothes, and ran to the P.E. area. As she ran, she read the small slip of paper.

"Because. It's unexpected, and yet, so obvious.
But why, might I ask, did you reply?"

Hinata made it to the locker room, got changed, and ran out to Anko's P.E. class.

They pretty much did stretches and ran the whole period before the bell rang and everyone went to lunch. Telling Gaara she forgot something in her locker, Hinata wrote her reply and taped it onto Sasuke's before rushing off to lunch with her friends.

TO BE CONTINUED

Hello! Thanks for the reviews. I updated very quickly as a sortive "Happy Thanksgiving!" to everyone who reads this particular story, as a sortive "Happy Fanfiction-Writing anniversary!" (To myself, as of this week! a whole year, though I'll probably just write another oneshot soon in a more concrete honor. ^_^), because I'm getting very excited about this story (Like how I was in the beginning over The Dance of The Chuunin), and also because I got more reviews!

I plan on making one of the next couple of chapter based on Sasuke so we can get more in-depth on his school and home life in this story. I tried to clear up Gaara and Hinata's relationship a tiny bit. Sorry if anyone was hoping for a GaaraHinataSasuke love triangle! I was thinking about it, but decided against it in the last minute.

I hope I get many more reviews!! ^_^

Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions when it comes to the whole highschool theme, I'm open. Which reminds me, does anyone have a suggestion for an elective for Hinata and Sasuke? They might have the same period; depends upon if I get a only a few or a bunch of good suggestions. Should I get a lot, I'll feature more of the other characters in their own classes.

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei