Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 7

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of The Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Chapter- 7

School had finally ended for the day, and we now find Gaara in the front of the school waiting for Ino. Yup. Ino. He'd earlier agreed to go with her to the library in order to discuss, and hopefully finish, their project. He had no idea what they'd write, but he was excited for them to write it as fast as possible and move on.

After about twenty minutes, Ino approached the red-haired man and said, "Sorry if you waited long; I was arguing with Sakura."

'Figures she'd be late...' Gaara thought before replying, "Whatever; let's get to the library."

"Okay!" Ino agreed cheerfully.

'She's so cheery...It's annoying...' Gaara thought before sighing and walking beside the girl on their way to the library.

After a few minutes of walking, Ino got bored.

Gaara wasn't talking to her, looking at her, or even acknowledging her. And that was bothering her.

Ino had always been one for conversation; it figured seeing as to how she had such a loud personality, with a loud voice to match. She loved talking about everything and everyone, and with everything and everyone. She wasn't used to silence.

But Gaara on the other hand was. He was always one for silence; it figured since he had such a subdued and quiet personality, with a quiet voice to match. He hated talking, and he rarely talked about anything or anyone, and tried to ignore everything and everyone.

But Ino could careless about Gaara's feelings; she was getting very uncomfortable, and just had to say something. She didn't know what to say, though, so she just blurted something random out;

"Is Hinata your girlfriend?"

Gaara just stopped walking and stared at Ino for a long moment before continuing their trek again. After another moment, he replied, "No."

"Oh. Everyone thinks she is." Ino explained.

"She's not. We're just friends."

"Well, you act like a couple; I mean, you two do everything together, you always get her a soda or a snack when you go to the vending machines, you save her seats at your lunch table, and you sometimes even walk her home when she doesn't go on the bus. Very couplish."

"She's just my friend." Gaara said before asking,"How do you know everything I do?"

"Huh? Oh; I don't know. Someone told me, I guess." Ino explained, shrugging a bit. "Everyone knows, and everyone thinks you're going out with her."

"Don't believe everything you are told. We're just good friends and that's all." Gaara insisted.

Ino didn't know why, but somehow she knew Gaara was telling the truth. And this actually made her happy, and a bit relieved. Ino had always been taught to not hold emotions in, and to allow people to know how she feels. She tended to do this by talking. Thus, she once again blurted something out;

"What a relief!"

Gaara turned his head a bit to stare at the girl for a moment before looking away and muttering, "Weirdo..."

Ino found herself blushing like mad. 'I don't know why I said that, but I hope he doesn't think I like him!!'

They were finally at the library.

The two walked into the large building and quickly found an empty table to sit at. They took their seats across from eachother, took out some paper and some pencils, and got started on the project.

And the first step to that was, apparently, doing nothing but staring at eachother.

Neither knew what to write.

This was going to be a long night.

Hinata Hyuuga was sitting in her bedroom in a bored state. She'd no clue as to what she could do. She didn't want to stay home, but Gaara was doing his project so se couldn't hang out with him, Temari was getting help on her math, so she couldn't bother her, Kiba and Shino were both working, Rock Lee was at a martial arts class, Neji was with him, and Naruto was with his own best friends.

She had nothing to do, and no one to do something with.

After a moment of deep thought, Hinata decided that she could at least leave the house and take a walk or something. So she got up, changed out of her school uniform into a random outfit, grabbed her wallet and cellphone, and left the house.

She quickly made her way to the local park where she walked around for a bit before sitting on a bench.

It was such a familiar bench to her. It was the one she and the guy she knew at night would sit on and talk when they were tired of dancing and singing. It was her favorite place.

Hinata leaned back on the bench, closed her eyes, and relaxed. This was such a comfortable place to her.

She ended up sitting their a lot longer than she originally thought she would before her stomach quietly growled.

Hinata opened her eyes, sat up, and decided she'd better get something to eat. She got up and left the park in search of some small restaurant or something. After walking a couple of blocks, she came across one called "Cafe AlwaysHiei" and decided to check it out.

"Hinata!" Hinata heard Kiba call before she went inside. Hinata turned around to see Kiba and Shino walking towards her. "Kiba, Shino!" She greeted back softly.

"What're you doing?" Kiba asked once they caught up to her.

"I'm going to get something to eat in here." Hinata explained, before asking "Would you like to come?"

"Sure!" Kiba agreed. The three of them made their way inside and waited to be seated.

Soon enough, a rather familiar girl came up to them and said, "How many in your--Oh, Hinata!" It was Sakura Haruno. "Hey! What brings you here?"

"We were hungry, and decided to check this place out!" Kiba explained.

"Cool. Come on in!" Sakura replied, smiling.

She seated the three at a small table by a window. Once they all sat down and ordered their drinks and meals, they took some time to look around. It was a nice, small cafe that was pretty much like any other restaurant is. Except, seated in the corner of the room was a small group of guys. This group included Kankurou, Gaara and Temari's brother, Shikamaru, Temari's crush who was pretty much her boyfriend, Chouji, Ino's friend, and Sasuke Uchiha.

Sasuke Uchiha wasn't all that excited to be eating at this restaurant. His friends, well mainly Naruto, were being rather annoying, and his waitress, Sakura Haruno, was being really fangirlish. So he just allowed himself to space out and look around. It was like any other restaurant in looks, and didn't have anything out of the ordinary. Except by one of the windows sat two people, Kiba, some annoying kid from his class, Shino, the annoying kids best friend, and Hinata Hyuuga.

They both hardly realized who they were looking at, though, and turned back to their friends.

After a few minutes of quietly conversing with her companions, Hinata told them she was going out for some fresh air; the small cafe was getting quite crowded, and the room was starting to get a bit warm and really loud.

She made her way outside quickly. Once there, she breathed a breath of relief. It was a lot cooler out here, and there wasn't anyone around. Or so she thought. Hinata had sat down on a banch to the side to get some fresh air before going back when she turned her head slightly to see Sasuke Uchiha.

'Sasuke!' Hinata thought, before blurting out a greeting. "Hello..."

Sasuke looked over to show he at least knew she was there and said, "Hn."

"I-It's nice to see you here, Sasuke." Hinata continued.

"Whatever." Sasuke replied, looking at her.

"D-do you have any i-ideas for our p-project?" Hinata asked, trying her best to strike some sort of conversation.

"No." Sasuke replied. "We don't really...Have a relationship. All that ever happened was the bus thing and this." 'And the notes... Which reminds me; I hope she replied to the last one, or at least plans to.'

"A-and neither of those a-are really worth a whole p-poem...' Hinata stated. "I-if it comes to that, w-we could always m-make something u-up."

"True; But Kakashi could probably tell a serious relationship from a fake one." Sasuke explained.

"Y-yeah." Hinata agreed. "I h-hope we c-can think of something s-soon."

"Hn...Me too." Sasuke agreed. They sat/stood in silence for a few minutes longer before it actually started to get really cold. Hinata, who didn't have a jacket, started shivering and it didn't go unnoticed by Sasuke. He had a jacket on himself, and felt bad for her. For some reason, he actually got the urge to give her his. But Sasuke refrained from such and looked at her for another minute. Eventually, after watching her pathetically try and regain some heat by rubbing her hands together and hugging herself, Sasuke ended up deciding to give up his pride and let her use it, just so she didn't get sick or anything.

But before he could do such, she got up and said, "I'm going b-back in, S-Sasuke."

He'd been too late. Usually he'd've been glad to have not been forced into helping someone else and possibly showing kindness, but for once Sasuke felt bad for being late. It was like he wanted to help her; o show her he wasn't the jerk he always acted like he was. To show her he was actually a nice guy. To keep her next to him for as long as possible.

Sasuke just ended up ignoring this strange feeling he was getting and went back inside himself.

"Hey!! SASUKE!!" Naruto yelled to get his attention.

Sasuke actually heard and turned around. "What?" He asked, annoyed.

"Isn't this place great?!!" Naruto asked.

"Whatever." Sasuk replied, indifferent about the restaurant.

"Well, you must like it; you actually bothered to stay the whole meal so far! You always leave as soon as you've eaten and given Shikamaru some money to pay for yourself! I think we should eat here more often!!" Naruto explained.

'He just likes Sakura... Then again, I only stayed because I like Hinata--I mean, because I like the food here.' Sasuke thought before saying, "Hn."

Naruto turned back to his conversation then, and Sasuke decided to see if Hinata was still there. Fortunately, she was. But she was getting up to leave now.

Sasuke didn't want her to leave. He wanted her to stay. He wanted to look at her eyes. But he couldn't stop her; she had to leave, or so he assumed by the way she seemed to move very quickly. And by the way she said bye to her friends and literally ran out the door.

'I wonder what her hurry is...?' Sasuke thought before glancing at the clock. It was almost midnight. Which meant everyone was getting to sleep now. Which meant the night girl would be at his door soon. Which meant Sasuke needed to be, too. Which meant Sasuke had to leave now.

So he got up and dashed out the door, leaving his friends behind. "Sasuke!! Where are you going?!" Naruto called. But Sasuke kept running. He wanted to see her.

TO BE CONTINUED

So, how was it? Sorry it was so short and rushed; I was in a hurry. I planned on updating a bit sooner, but decided against it seeing as to how it would've come out a lot worse if I had. I apologize for my delay. Anyhoo, please review!!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei