Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 8

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of The Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Chapter- 8

It was already midnight, and here we find Gai still walking around slowly through the school hallways, mopping the hallways as he went.

'This is so... boring, and hard... I'm so tired...' Gai thought over and over again.

You may be wondering why the heck he was cleaning the school up. I assure you, Gai isn't the janitor or anything. Well, at least not the permanent, or even payed, janitor.

You see, for some reason, the school had decided to give the night janitor some time off for once; he'd be gone for the week. Only, with the janitor gone, they'd no one to clean up after the messy students. Now, it was only a week, and the students weren't that messy, so you'd think the school could handle it. But the principal could sometimes be too thural, other times being too unthural, all depending on the time of day and amount she'd drinken before she needed to decide anything, so she wouldn't allow uncleanliness to go on at the time. Not even for a week. But, she also refused to pay anyone to clean up. And no one even bothered to bring up the topic of her cleaning the school each night.

Thus, Principal Tsunade came up with the plan to make one single, unfortunate, teacher do the job.

They had a drawing to decide who it would be. Each teacher reluctantly placed their name into a hat and waited for their boss to pick one out.

"Our janitor's gonna be Gai." Tusnade exclaimed, lazily. "You'd better do a good job; or else I'll fire you."

All the other teachers cheered in celebration before leaving the room to go home. Tsunade handed Gai the mop and bucket, before saying, "Get to it." and leaving.

So here Gai was, wandering the halls. He was almost done now, all he had to do was finish up this hall, and he could leave.

As he was finally finished, Gai made his way back to the closet where cleaning supplies were kept. On his journey there, he saw a white piece of paper on a locker door. Curiously, Gai made his way over to it. Upon reaching it, he realized the locker was Sasuke Uchiha's. 'This kid gets love notes all the time...I'll do him a favor and get rid of this one so he doesn't have to put up with it.' Though Gai, as he pulled the note off and crumpled it up, tossig it into the trashcan nearby and going to the closet so he could get out of there.

Sasuke was running full-speed to his home, hoping to get their before she did.

'Have to get their first...' Sasuke thought. As he ran, he thought about the girl he knew at night.

Finally, Sasuke made it to his door; and just in time. Because the girl was approaching.

She walked swiftly to Sasuke, who walked with her to the main roads of Konoha.

"Hello." Sasuke greeted as they walked.

"Hi." Hinata replied. "...How was your day?"

Somehow, Sasuke's voice came off as a bit hesitant.

"It was okay..." He answered.

"Oh.." Hinata's soft reply came.

For some reason, Sasuke was preoccupied. He couldn't stop thinking about a certain someone. No; it wasn't the night-girl. It was Hinata Hyuuga.

'Why do I keep thinking about her?!' Sasuke thought frusteratedly.

Before they knew it, they'd reached the main streets of Konoha.

Sasuke's thoughts were still based on Hinata, so he didn't even notice they'd reached their destination.

Hinata realized he was spaced out, and gently took his hand into her own.

Sasuke snapped out of his spaced-out state of mind, and looked up at Hinata's silouhette, a small blush forming on his cheeks. But Sasuke didn't pull away; he allowed her to lead him into the streets.

"The night is dark,

yet oh-so bright,

Here, with you,

I feel such warmth." Hinata sang, still holding his hand. She then twirled herself around in a small circle, pulling Sasuke along, before continuing the song.

"Here in this blanket of shadows,

I revel in my only freedom,

for when the sun must rise,

My freedom dies,

And I'll be alone again,

revealed to the world."

Hinata, still holding Sasuke's hand, danced around the street, on her way to the park, once again resuming her song as the two danced.

"And all will see,

the fake, unreal me,

the mask I created for others to know,

My mask is my shield against the light,

The light that acts as my foe."

Hinata stopped her soft, pretty singing for a second and smiled at Sasuke as they spun around together.

"But then the sun will go down,

Leaving in darkness this town,

And I will be me; the real me,

Smiling, here with thee.

In the protection of the blanket of shadows,

I'll be happy, for no one can see me,

And no one can judge me,

And I can be myself with no fear."

She paused again to dance around a corner, before singing the last part of the song.

"Yes I can be happy, I can be myself,

For I am with you in our blanket of shadows."

Sasuke smiled softly to her, though she could hardly, if she could at all, tell in the lack of light. He then looked around to find she'd already led him to the bench where they loved to sit and talk.

Hinata sat down on the bench, patting the spot next to herself to get him to sit as well.

"It's nice to hear you again." Hinata stated.

"Isn't 'see you again'?" Sasuke asked.

"Of course not! I can't see you!" Hinata exclaimed.

Sasuke chuckled lightly and replied, "My apologies, ma'am. You're correct."

They sat in silence, just enjoying each others company for a few minutes.

"I love the night..." Sasuke mumbled, leaning back on the bench. "The light sucks..."

"Yeah; it does." Hinata agreed.

"Today I got a new project. My partners a girl; she's pretty." Sasuke explained.

"She's 'pretty'?" Hinata asked, giggling. "Do you have a crush on her?"

"I meant she's 'pretty nice'. I don't have a crush on her." Sasuke denied.

"I'm sure she thinks you're handsome." Hinata continued, still giggling.

"How would you know how I look?" Sasuke asked, raising an unseen eyebrown.

"I can tell from your voice." Hinata explained.

"My voice?" Sasuke questioned.

"Yes! Your voice is all deep and mysterious." Hinata continued explaining.

Sasuke smirked. "Deep and mysterious, huh? Well, your voice is all gentle and soft, so I know you're cute."

They both started laughing. They could be so carefree together. When they were together in the night, they acted totally different. They were both playful, nice, and teased each other.

Suddenly Hinata grabbed Sasuke's hand again and pulled him up, running, and pulling him behind.

Sasuke caught up to her, still holding her hand, and asked, "Where are we running?"

"Anywhere. It doesn't matter. As long as I'm with you!" Hinata replied, still laughing.

Sasuke started laughing with her. So they ran and laughed through the streets of Konoha, neither getting tired and both being happy and ever-carefree.

They eventually stopped, in a different park of Konoha, both falling onto the grass and looking at the stars.

"Beautiful..." Sasuke mumbled, looking at Hinata, though all he could see was her silouhette.

"Yeah; it's gorgeous." Hinata agreed, though she was looking at the stars.

They just layed their for what seemed like too short of an amount of time, when it really was over an hour.

But they eventually had to get up, as it was 2:00 a.m.

"We'd better go..." Hinata pointed out.

Sasuke sighed before agreeing. "I guess so."

"I'll see you tomorrow night, then."Hinata said farewell before rushing off to her home.

"See you then!" Sasuke called. He watched her back as she ran. Suddenly, while watching her, the image of Hinata Hyuuga came over her shadow. Sasuke looked at the image, surprised. 'Hinata...?' Sasuke wondered, but then remembered her personality, and thought, 'Probably not; I just need to get some more sleep.' Sasuke then turned around and walked slowly home.

'The night was too short... Way too short...'

TO BE CONTINUED

I updated; yay! Hope you liked it! ^_^ I worked pretty hard!! The song part was written by me (I wrote it really fast (Hardly thought about it before I wrote the chapter) so it's kinda cruddy; sorry!)

Anyhoo, I hope everyone's holidays are/were happy!! ^_^ And, with all of the dear kindness in your heart, PLEASE REVIEW!! Reviews are precious to me, and I can't deny them to be one of the good points to writing fanfictions; I love hearing others opinions on my writing. So do me a favor, take a few seconds, or really as long as you want, and leave a review saying what you think about this story. ^_^

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei