Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 9

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of The Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto

Chapter- 9

Sasuke Uchiha woke up to the sound of rather loud birds chirping outside of his bedroom window.

"Chirp!"

Sasuke sat up in his bed, rubbing his eyes.

'I'm so...tired...' He thought, glaring outside of his window, hoping the birds would notice and shut the heck up.

"Chirp!"

Apparently they did not.

"Ugh..." Sasuke groaned, as he grudgingly got out from under his warm covers and touched the cold floor with his feet.

Sasuke glared at the floor for a moment before glancing at his clock on his bedside table. It read "7:00 a.m.".

'I have 45 minutes before the bus gets there..' Sasuke calculated, getting off of his bed. He grabbed some clothing from his small dresser, ran into the restroom and took a quick shower. Once he was done and dressed again, he quickly ran a uneffective brush through his messy hair before leaving the room to his small kitchen.

He made himself two pieces of toast which he ate before going back upstairs to his restroom. He brushed his teeth and went back to his room, grabbing the necessary materials for school before making his way out of his home and on his to the bus stop.

Ino Yamanake made herself a small breakfast consisting of a piece of toast and few pieces of bacon, to eat on her to the bus stop. She rushed out of her home when she finished, walking quickly to the stop. Once there, she realized she was early, as none of her close friends had arrived yet. She looked around, hoping to find someone she could at least look like she was hanging out with for the time being, as to not look like she'd no friends. The only people she actually knew was Sasuke Uchiha; he'd probably punch her if she even tried to converse with him- and Gaara Suzaku; Ino wasn't sure what he'd do.

'Maybe I should go talk to him... I have no one else, and he looks a little lonely himself...' Ino told herself, staring at Gaara. He had the same, cold look on his face as always. 'Besides, I can always just pretend I needed to know something for the project.' Ino continued to tell herself before she got the nerve to actually approach him.

"Hey, Gaara!" Ino greeted lightly, with a confident, bright smile on her face. "How's it going?"

Gaara just stared before replying, "Same as always."

"Oh, okay!" Ino said. "I'm doing fine, myself."

After a few moments of awkward silence, Gaara asked, "What did you need?"

"Oh! I just wanted to know when we should meet up again for our project since we never finished yesterday." Ino explained.

"I'm not sure; I'll think about it and tell you later." Gaara explained.

"Oh. okay." Ino agreed to his proposal.

Gaara just turned away from her then, staring in another direction.

'I'm guessing he doesn't like me too much, huh?' Ino thought to herself, for some reason a little sad at this.

"Gaara!" A soft voice called. Ino looked up to find it was Hinata Hyuuga.

'Hinata's lucky; Gaara likes her.' Ino thought, staring at the girl who was walking towards Gaara.\

"Hinata." Gaara greeted.

'He even bothered to greet her.' Ino continued.

"How was your project with Ino yesterday?" Hinata asked.

"It was okay. We didn't get much done, but it was fine." Gaara explained.

'He's talking to her, too. And it's not because she talked to him first. Because he wants to. He even sounds happy!' Ino kept going.

Gaara smiled at Hinata lightly.

'He's even smiling at her!!' Ino was about to explode in jealousy. 'Wait! Why do I care? I like Sasuke anyways, so it doesn't matter to me.'

While Ino tried to feign any possible feelings she could have for Gaara, Sakura finally arrived and approached.

"Hey, Ino." Sakura greeted her friend. Ino turned to look at Sakura. Sakura looked a little tired, and had a miserable look on her face.

"Sakura, you okay?" Ino asked.

"I was up all night thinking about the project." Sakura replied. "You aren't looking too good yourself, Ino."

"I was thinking all night about the project, too." Ino explained.

"Sakura smirked at her friend before whispering quietly, as their were other people around, "You sure it wasn't about your project partner?"

"What?!" Ino whispered back harshly. "No! Besides, I can say the same for you and Lee!!"

"At least I can admit to you that Lee was indeed one of my thoughts last night." Sakura replied.

"Oh? You have a crush or something?" Ino continued.

"I'm not sure. It's between him and Naruto." Sakura sortive affirmed.

"You can't decide?" Ino asked, surprised.

"I'm not sure... I know I love one of them, but I don't know who. I mean, I love them both, but in different ways. One more like a brother, and one more like a boyfriend. I'm just not sure which is which." Sakura exclaimed.

"You don't even know if which you really like?!" Ino said, about to laugh.

"You're not one to talk. You're not sure if you even like someone. You were just wondering if you had feelings for Gaara Suzaku." Sakura whispered back harshly.

"How would know, Sakura?!" Ino questioned.

"Ino, you're my best friend! We've been best friends for years! I can tell!" Sakura replied, almost laughing herself.

"Well?" Ino asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well what?" Sakura asked, raising her own eyebrow.

"If oyu can tell that I'm wondering, then can you tell if I do?!" Ino asked.

"I don't know, look at him." Sakura ordered.

Ino didn't question and obeyed her friend, staring at the back of Gaara's head.

Sakura looked at Ino's face, thought for a minute, before saying, "I think you do."

"No way!" Ino exclaimed, shaking her head for emphasis. "I do not! And you couldn't tell, anyways; all I did was look at him!!"

"Yes way. Your facial expression and the look in your eyes gave it all away." Sakura affirmed.

"So you're pretty much saying I've fallen in love?" Ino asked.

Sakura nodded.

"You're serious?"

Sakura nodded.

"And you're saying you also fell in love, but you're not definite who it was with?"

Sakura nodded.

"Then what about Sasuke?!!" Ino asked, actually getting angry.

Sakura sighed before explaining,"Let's be serious, Ino; Neither of us loved him. It was just silly infatuations that stuck with us for a while. I think we're both mature enough to realize this, and to move on. Ino; I'm looking for someone I love. Not someone I think is hot."

Ino just stared at her friend. 'Since when did Sakura become more mature than me?!! When we were little, I was the smart one!!'

Meanwhile, Gaara and Hinata were having their own conversation about such things as love.

"G-Gaara?" Hinata said softly, as they'd lapsed into a moment of silence.

"Hm?" Gaara showed signs of his paying attention.

"Um... What w-would y-you do if youw-weren't sure if y-you like s-someone or s-someone e-else?" Hinata asked. She didn't mean to ask Gaara these kinds of things, but he was her best friend, and the only person she was comfortable enough to tell everything. 'I could ask Tenten, but Neji'd end up finding out...' Hinata thought.

Gaara just looked at her for a moment; Hinata always came to him with her problems, as he was her best friend. He just hated it when her problems were this kind of problem. 'She needs to get more super-close girl friends for this kinda thing; one that won't go off and tell other people like her cousin...' Gaara thought. But, he wasn't complaining. It was pretty cool to have someone rely on you, and he understood that she had no one else to ask.

Finally, Gaara began his answer. "Maybe you love one in a different way then you love the other; maybe one's more like a brother." 'Or maybe both.' Gaara's more protective side mentally added. "

"N-no... It's the s-same; and n-not like a s-sibling." Hinata shook her head. "B-but they b-both r-remind me of e-each other, e-except ones m-more c-carefree."

"Well which one do you like better?" Gaara asked.

Hinata thought for a minute before answering, "The c-carefree one, b-but I s-still love the o-other the s-same way."

Gaara looked over at his friend again before saying, "Just think about it; I'm sure somethig will come up, and you'll realize you like one differently form the other. Or you'll at least realize something that solves it all."

"Thank y-you, Gaara." Hinata thanked him. 'I hope I do!'

Finally, the bus arrived. The sutdents all filed onboard, taking their seats as they got on. Gaara whispered to Hinata as they walked on, "Sit by me today."

Somehow, Hinata felt a little sad about that; about not sitting by Sasuke. But she ignored the feeling and obeyed. At least she knew her friend was watching out for her.

The ride was uneventful, and they arrived at school quickly. The students got offboard and walked around randomly on campus.

Sasuke immediately made his way to his locker, looking for something on his locker. Yup; the note.

But, it wasn't there.

'She hasn't written back...?' Sasuke thought. 'Maybe she plans on such this morning...'

Sasuke turned back around in time for the bell to ring. Sasuke took one of the less taken routes to his classroom, in order to get their quickly and without trouble. Unfortunately, as he turned a corner, he collided right into Hinata Hyuuga.

They both fell to the floor with a crash. Gaara, the only other student around, got a concerned look on his face.

Sasuke quickly got up, looking the girl. 'Why didn't she reply?' Sasuke thought.

Sasuke offered her a hand and helped her up. "Thank y-you!" Hinata bowed to Sasuke. Sasuke just kept staring before walking past her and going to class.

Gaara rolled his eyes at Sasuke's back before asking, "You okay?"

"Y-yeah, I'm f-fine." Hinata insisted.

"Let's get to class, then." Gaara suggested, leading the way to Kurenai's class.

As they walked, Hinata glanced over to a wall of lockers in search of one thing; a reply note from Sasuke. 'He'd have replied by now.' Hinata thought, as she searched. But to no avail. There was no note. 'He didn't reply?' Hinata thought. She looked to the ground as they kept walking. 'I guess I was wrong, then.'

Gaara and Hinata walked to the classroom, passing a trashcan on the way. Gaara tossed in an empty soda can, which landed atop a small, white slip of paper which read in neat writing,

"Do you know a girl who resides in the night? Do you spend your nights with her? If so, please reply; if not, then you aren't the right guy. At that point, do not reply."

TO BE CONTINUED

So it would seem Hinata isn't quite so dense. Unfortunately, Gai ruined it all, so now we'll have to wait and see what happens. I was able to update (sortive) a day early (I think). I did get my days mixed up, though. I thought it was Thursday until I was told that it was actually Friday, which really sucks.

I don't know why, but I was wondering if anyone has heard this Hilary Duff song called "Who's That Girl" or something rather. A kind reviewer recently brought up that it resembles this story; I thought that was cool. And I was going through my CD collection, and I ended up listening to OceanAvenue by Yellowcard, and I thought it was like this too.

I get some reviews that say they agree with night being the best. Night's cool, but I'm scared of the dark sometimes, so I don't like going out into it. My favorite time is in the morning between when the moon goes down and the sun rises. That's the best. I even got a review saying that this story is like their life! That's gotta be interesting, hm? I hope you find out who that guy is. ^_^
Anyhoo, though, do remember to review!! ^_^

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei