Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 10

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of The Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Chapter- 10

Kiba Inuzuka dashed through the hallways of the school he attended, doing his best to make it to his math class in time.

Math was Kiba's first period class. He was almost always late for it. He didn't mean to, but somehow he always ended up running late at the start of his schoolday. Mainly because he always woke up late. Normally it wasn't a big deal, but his teacher, Kurenai, got angry the day before and said he'd have detention if he didn't get there on time. Kiba didn't want detention because he plannedon going to the park and playing with Akamaru that day.

So, he was doing his best to get there.

Unfortunately, it wasn't likely.

He ran as fast as he could in the small, narrow hallways, trying his best to avoid colliding with anything. He was almost there...Almost! All he had to do was turn and open the door...

BAM

He ran straight into something and was flat on his back.

Kiba started to sit up, rubbing his back and scrunching his eyes shut in pain, when he heard something say, "OW!!"

Kiba opened his eyes to see her getting up in front of him.

'So that was what I hit! I'd better give her a piece of my mind!!' Kiba thought, forgetting class completely.

She was thinking the same thing. She'd also been in a hurry, for the same reason as Kiba, and was very angry at him.

"YOU FRIGGEN' MORON!!" They both yelled in unision once they'd both stood up.

"Why're you calling me a moron?!! You're the one who ran into me!!" She screeched in Kiba's ear.

"You ran into me!!" Kiba defended.

"What?!! You--"

Ding Dong Ding Dong

The bell rang.

The two stood perfectly still with shocked looks on their faces.

Suddenly, the door to the classroom swung open, and there stood Kurenai. Kurenai looked sternly at both of her late students before saying,

"I told you both to be here on time. You didn't listen. So now I'm telling you both to be in this classroom after school is out for one hour of detention." Kurenai said, crossing her arms in front of her.

The two whipped their heads around and tried to explain to their teacher their lateness.

"But, Sensei! It isn't my--"

"I was here, but he--"

"I DON'T WANT TO HERE IT!" Kurenai yelled. "I told you to be here, and you weren't! I don't care what happened. You still have detention! Now shutup, get in this classroom, and sit down!"

The two students just stood their with shocked looks on their faces.

"I mean NOW! HURRY IT UP, INUZUKA, SUZAKU!! I have a class to teach!!"

The two obeyed and rushed into the room, taking their seats in silence.

"Nice going, Kiba." Temari whispered, as they sat next to each other.

"It's your fault, Temari." Kiba replied.

"Shut it, you two." Kurenai warned. "As usual, we'll be working in groups of your choice for todays assignment."

Soon enough, Kiba and Temari both found themselves in their usual group of friends.

"K-Kiba, T-Temari; a-are you guys o-okay? I h-heard you g-got detention.." Hinata brought up as they all got to work on their math work.

"Yeah, we did." Temari admitted. "But it's only because of Kiba. He's such an idiot."

Kiba refrained from replying, as he knew she was ignoring him. Everytime they got in a serious fight, Temari always just ignored him. They got in tons of fights, but usually they were just arguments. This was one where they both got in trouble because of each other, so Temari was really angry. Kiba didn't mind their arguments; he actually enjoyed them, but these fights where she never talked to him; it actually got to him.

'She'll be over this tomorrow...' Kiba told himself as he looked over his assignment. But it'd be a long today for him without her talking, more like yelling, to, or at, him. Kiba never told anyone, but Temari was one of his highlights to school-days. School was generally boring to Kiba, but Temari gave him something to think about. And arguing with her was great, because Kiba loved arguing and yelling, and Temari was one of the few people Kiba knew at school who could rival him at either.

But when she ignored him, he had very little to do.

Kiba stared at Temari who was asking Hinata for help on some math problems. Temari, catching him staring, made eye contact with him and glared at him. Kiba got the message and looked away, back at his math.

'Man... I'm bored..'

Finally, the bell rang for second period. Hinata quickly gathered her things and left Kurenai's classroom, on her way to Kakashi's.

'Sasuke and I will have to work on our project, probably.' Hinata thought, a bit happily, as she and Gaara walked to class in silence.

They made it to class without incident, and went inside, sitting down.

Kakashi walked in about ten minutes after the bell rang, took out the roll sheet, looked around, made a few marks on the sheet, and finally said,

"Get with your partners, everyone. No fangirls near Sasuke."

Hinata went over to where Sasuke sat and found an open seat near his. She sat down and said, "S-Sasuke, good m-morning."

Sasuke looked at her and replied, "...Morning."

"I'm n-not r-really s-sure what we c-could write, do y-you have any i-ideas?"

"No."

Hinata sighed. They'd gotten nowhere so far.

Sasuke just sat there, staring at Hinata blankly.

Hinata realized they'd get nothing done, and dug into her binder, pulling out a blank piece of paper and a pencil.

She started sketching.

Sasuke watched. 'What's she drawing...?' He wondered.

After about ten minutes, she'd apparently finished. It was a simple picture of the night. The stars and the moon in the dark sky, basically. Except, in the middle, stood two figures that were darker than the rest of the picture. One looked like a girl, and the other a guy.

After looking at this for a long time, Sasuke remembered something.

He took ap paper out of his own binder, and quickly wrote in neat handwriting,

"A blanket of shadows, our relationship lies,
For out in the open, our relationship dies."

'Why'd I write that...? Hinata and I don't have a relationship like that. That's the night-girl and I. This is worthless for us two.." Sasuke thought. But instead of throwing this away, he slipped it back safely into his binder.

While Sasuke had written his little thing, Hinata herself had done something similiar.

Having remembered the same thing, Hinata had written,

"To each other we act without a mask.
Real in the relationship in which we bask."

'That makes no sense... Not for Sasuke and I anyways.' Hinata thought, all the while slipping that and her drawing into her own binder.

The two went back into silence for a while until Sasuke suddenly broke the silence.

"Too bad you couldn't be with Gaara, and I wasn't with Naruto, or even Lee. At least I have a relationship with the two."


"Y-yeah; no o-offense, but, I-I don';t know what w-we could write f-for this." Hinata replied, nodding her head in agreement. They went back into silence.

Hinata, feeling nervous, decided to say something this time. She hesitated for a moment before the question she had for Sasuke popped out of her mouth, "S-Sasuke, d-don't get the w-wrong idea p-please, as I'm j-just c-curious, but, d-do you h-have a g-girlfriend?"

'I can't believe I just asked that.'

Sasuke looked at her, a little amused at first before thinking about the question for a moment. Finally, he answered.

"I do."

"R-really?" Hinata asked, a little surprised he actually replied. And a little sad at his answer, too.

"Yes. What about you?" Sasuke asked, raising an eyebrow.

Hinata widened her eyes in surprise, before thinking about it.

"I-I do."

Before any further conversation could be made, the bell rang.

The two got up silently and left the room with the rest of the class.

With only a few words, their relationship had improved. Maybe they'd have something to write soon.

TO BE CONTINUED

This was a little filler-ish, thinking about it now, but I'm in a hurry as I write this. (I'm tired...) Thanks for reading, and please review!! ^_^

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei