Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 11

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of The Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto; Masashi Kishimoto does.

Chapter- 11

"Yay! Yay! Yay!! Yay!!! I get to spend time with Sakura outside of school, I get to hang out with Sakura out side of school!!"

"Lee!" Sakura scolded, turning to her companion, shaking her fist angrily at him. "I told you five minutes ago to quit being so loud!!"

"I'm sorry, Sakura, but I'm just so excited; I must be the luckiest man alive right now!!" Lee insisted.

"It's not a big deal, Lee-- We're working together on a project, and we need to get it done." Sakura explained. "Now let's just get to my house."

"Yes ma'am!!" Lee exclaimed. " Yay, Yay, Yay!! I'm going to get to see Sakura's room!!" Lee continued his cheering.

Sakura just kept walking in front of him, with an awkward blush in her cheeks. 'He's so excited over spending time with me... It really isn't a big deal.'


'I can't believe I have detention because of that- that MORON!!' Temari screamed in her head, as she walked to the dtention classroom furiously.

Before she knew it, she'd made it to the classroom and walked inside. There was a few scattered about kids sitting throughout the room, with a random teacher practically asleep in the front.

Temari walked towards the teacher and handed him her detention slip. The teacher took it and lazily pointed at an empty desk next to some kid with his hood up.

Temari made her way to the desk silently, eyeing the kid next to it warily, as he almost seemed dead with his head on the desk. Temari sat down cautiously, placing her bag on the ground. About five minutes after she had, the teacher got up and announced, "I'm going to the restroom. Stay in here." And he left.

As soon as the door shut behind him, all the so-far silent students began to make movement and talk to one and other. Suddenly, the boy next to Temari shuffled in his place and said, "Hey Temari."

'I recognize that voice; it's that moron Kiba!!' She thought. "What do you want, jerk?!!"

"Gee, I say hi and you act like I threatened you or something. Can't a friend greet a friend?" Kiba replied, lifting hid head off of the desk so Temari could see his face.

"You're the reason I'm in here!" Temari said.

"You ran into me." Kiba replied, shaking his head at her accusation. "It's your fault."

"No it isn't!!" Temari insisted.

"Who cares whose fault it is anyways; We're both in here, so let's make the best of it." Kiba suggested.

"Whatever." Temari gave up finally; he was right.

"Hey, Temari, why don't you ever leave your hair down?" Kiba asked.

"Why should I?" Temari asked back.

Kiba shrugged before saying, "I just think it'd look pretty."

Temari looked at him with the tiniest hint of a blush in her face. 'P=pretty?!'

Temari regained her composure quickly and shot back, "Well, I think you should always leave your hood down; It looks more handsome."

Kiba looked up, blushing a tiny bit himself.

Ino skipped happily on her way to the library with Gaara again.

Today, Ino felt a lot more confortable with Gaara than previously- She was used to his silence now, and found she actually enjoyed it compared to the screaming in her ears she usually heard from others.

Gaara looked over at Ino, thinking, 'Why does she seem so happy? Yesterday she was uncomfortable with me, but today she's a ease.'

Gaara turned back to watch where he was going, seeing that they were almost at the library. But he also saw a small smoothie shop on the way.

At the sight of this shop, Gaara suggested something. "Ino. Let's get a smoothie."

Gaara had no clue why he said that, and wanted to smack himself in the head for it. Why would Gaara want a smoothie; and with an annoying girl like Ino?

In stopped midskip and looked at Gaara with momentary amazement before smiling sweetly and replying, "Okay!" afterwards continuing on with skipping, towards the smoothie shop, Gaara in tow.

Neji patiently waited for his girlfriend, Tenten, outside of the local movie theater. They were planning on seeing a horror movie together.

Neji wanted to see a horror movie in the hopes of Tenten getting scared in the movie and hugging Neji during th entire thing or something, and Tenten had agreed to his pick, not being told his reason of course.



"Sorry I'm late, Neji!" Tenten yelled as she ran up to her boyfriend and quickly gave him a hug.

"It's fine; you were only a minute late anyways." Neji insisted, smiling at her.

"That's good. Man, I'm excited to see this! I've been wanting to for a while now." Tenten explained as they walked inside.

'You're gonna be so scared!' Neji thought excitedly, nodding at what Tenten was saying as she told him about her day.

They got some sodas and popcorn and went inside the theater.

Naruto ran quickly through the streets of Konoha, in search of a certain pink-haired girls house.

"Sa-ku-ra! Gonna go see Sa-ku-ra!" Naruto sang to himself as he ran about. He was trying to get to her home simply because he wanted to see her, and she actually said he could go over to her house that day. He was technically going for some help in math. He'd been having some problems recently in that class, and the teacher suggested he get some tutoring or something. And naturally Naruto decided he wanted Sakura to tutor him. And Sakura actually agreed.

Finally, Naruto found her address, took a deep breath, and knocked on her door.

Knock Knock

Only a few seconds after, the door swung open to reveal Sakura herself.

"Naruto?" She said, with a surprised look on her face. "What are you doing here-- Heck, how did you know I lived here?"

"What do you mean?" Naruto asked, surprised. "You gave me your adress so I could get here today. You're supposed to tutor me in math, remember?"

Sakura had a look on her face that made it seem like she was trying to remember something. After a minute, she said, "Oh, right. I completely forgot; I was thinking that was next week." Sakura then sighed, and walked to the side to allow Naruto in. Naruto walked in and looked arond, in awe of the fact that he was in Sakura's house.

Naruto stood there, dumbfounded until Sakura's tapping her foot on the ground brought him back to reality.

"Well, since I told you to come here today, I guess I have no choice but to let you stay and help you. But, I'm going to be doing my English project at the same time, so I won't be able to help as much as you might need me to." Sakura warned. "Follow me."

They trekked upstairs to a door with a small sign on it that said "Sakura" on it. Sakura opened the door and immediately Naruto heard a loud and excited, "SAKURA!! YOU'RE BACK!! HOW WONDERFUL; I'M SO HAPPY!!"

"Please quit yelling, Lee." Sakura practically pleaded.

'Lee?! He's here??!!' Naruto thought, shocked. 'Why is he here? Is he being tutored too? Or, or is he her-- Is Lee Sakura's boyfriend??!!'

"L-Lee...?" Naruto said cautiously, as he walked into Sakura's bedroom. Sure enough, their Lee was; green jumpsuit and all.

"Naruto! Great to see you! But, what might I ask, are you doing here?" Lee exclaimed.

"Sakura's gonna tutor me in math. But what are you doing here?" Naruto asked suspiciously.

"We're working on our poem for English. We're partners." Sakura explained. "Naruto, you go over their to my desk and get started on your homework. If you have any questions, just ask. And Lee, just keep trying to think of something poetic to say about us."

Naruto cringed at the term "Us" Sakura used to refer to her and Lee at the same time. On the other hand, Lee seemed to smile even wider at the term.

They both did as they were told and went to opposite sides of the room, Sakura in the middle.

Hinata rushed around her bedroom, trying to clean it up before Sasuke arrived. Yup, Sasuke.

They'd both realized that they'd need a lot of time on their project, as they'd nothing so far, and had decided last minute to meet up after school. Hinata's home just happened to be their place of meeting. Sasuke just needed to stop back home before he went to her house to drop his stuff off. And Hinata wanted her room to be clean when he got there. But, it was hard to clean an already clean room. But even with the cleanliness, Hinata continued dashing about, trying to clean anything she could.

Before she knew it, though, there was a knock on her bedroom door. Hinata stopped running, and cautiously opened the door to find her younger sister, Hanabi on the other side.

"H-Hanabi?" Hinata asked.

"Someone is here for you downstairs." Hanabi explained before leaving to her own room.

Hinata took a deep breath, glanced into her bedroom mirro before quickly walking downstairs.

"S-Sasuke?" Hinata mumbled when she got downstairs and saw the Uchiha awkwardly standing in her giant homes doorway room.

"Sorry if I took a long time." Sasuke said shortly to Hinata.

"No p-problem." Hinata assured.

When Sasuke was about to reply, Hiashi Hyuuga, walking in from another entry, said, "Good afternoon; Uchiha Sasuke I presume?"

Sasuke turned to face Hiashi and replied, "Yes."

"Nice to meet you, then." Hiashi continued, bowing ever-so-slightly. He then turned a bit to face his daughter, "Hinata." He said, shortly, and a bit coldly.

"Father." Hinata greeted, bowing.

Hiashi merely spared her a scrutinizing look before going back to Sasuke.

"What are you doing here?"

"We're partners for a project." Sasuke explained shortly.

"I see." Hiashi nodded. "How unfortunate for someone like you, to have a incompetent partner like her."

Hinata looked down at the floor sadly.

"Are you doing this here or are you going out?" Hiashi continued, as though he never insulted her.

They'd planned on staying there, but Sasuke didn't want to anymore. He could tell this man was making Hinata feel uncomfortable. 'And if she's so uncomfortable she can hardly funcition, then she'd really be incompetent.' Sasuke reasoned with himself before replying.

"We're leaving."

"I see. Then I will see you later on, Hinata." Hiashi said, leaving the room.

"Where a-are we g-going?" Hinata asked.

Sasuke merely said, "Go get you coat."

Hinata obeyed and grabbed her sweater and bag from her bedroom, before going back downstairs and following her companion out of the house and into the busy streets of Konoha.

They walked for quite a while in search of somplace they could stop and discuss their project plans. Neither knew what the other liked, though, so they didn't know where to stop.

After walking for a half-hour or so, though, Sasuke got tired, looked around, picked a random place and said,

"Let's go to that ice-cream parlor."

Hinata looked up at what he suggested and immediately agreed excitedly, "Okay!"

Sasuke looked back and raised an eyebrow at her ice cream enthusiasm. Hinata blushed a bit before he turned back around and walked over to the parlor with Hinata at his side.

Sasuke knew exactly what he wanted already, as did Hinata.

A cashier approached the two and asked, "What can I get you?"

Hinata looked at Sasuke who looked back expectantly. Hinata, taking this as a sign to order, looked over to the cashier and replied, "I-I'll have one scoop of vanilla on a cone, please." softly.

"Allright. And you, sir?"

Sasuke said, "One scoop of rainbow sherbert on a cone."

The cashier nodded and got their orders. Once they had their ice cream, it came time to pay.

"Five dollars, please."

Hinata began to pull out her money when Sasuke touched her hand lightly as if to say "Stop". Hinata froze at the touch, and looked at their hands disbelievingly.

"I'll pay." Sasuke explained, giving a five the cashier.

Their hands were still touching, and Hinata looked over at Sasuke. You could barely tell, but he was definitely blushing just a little. She didn't know why, but the sight was so cute to her that she couldn't help but smile herself.

'His touch reminds me of his...' Hinata thought.

Oncew he got his receipt though, he let his hand drop away from Hinata's.

"Let's go sit outside." He suggested, and Hinata complied.

TO BE CONTINUED

This was long. And I'm tired again. ^_^ I hope you enjoyed it! ^_^ The school day went by without incident, in case anyone's wondering about that. Anyhoo, please reivew!!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei