Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 12

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of The Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto; Masashi Kishimoto does.

Chapter- 12

Sasuke sat across from Hinata at a small table outside of the parlor, staring. Just staring at her as she licked her ice cream.

'I wonder what we'll write..' Sasuke thought, continuing his watching of her eating.

Meanwhile, Hinata was spacing out while eating her tasty ice cream in bliss, not noticing his staring.

Sasuke, tired of the silence, suprised Hinata by suddenly saying, "Is it good?"

"W-What?" Hinata stopped licking, clearly surprised at Sasuke saying something.

"Is it good?"

"Th-the ice cream?"

"Yes; is it good?"

"O-oh, yeah i-it is. Thank y-you for g-getting it for m-me."

"As long as it was good." Sasuke concluded their random conversation.

Hinata gave him a confused look, 'Why would Sasuke care if I liked it or not; he never seemed to care about people's opinions before..'

Hinata just mentally shrugged, and went back to licking.

Sasuke began trying to think of something, more interesting, to say to her.

"Have you thought of anything to write?"

Hinata looked up and replied, "No, I-I haven't u-unfortunately."

"Well, we could try listing everything we've done together." Sasuke suggested.

He's being nice today...' Hinata though before replying, "G-good idea. We r-road on the bus n-next to each other."

"And then we got this project."

"A-and then w-we met at the restaurant."

"Then I went to your house today."

"A-and now we're e-eating ice c-cream together."

"Well, let's both try and find some significance if those events, I guess."

They both lapsed into silence, thinking about what all had happened. 'For me, those are all poem-worthy, as each incident was important, but to him/her... Probably not.' The each though, remembering everything.

'On the bus ride, I remeber being so scared of Sasuke, and then I found out he was very similar to me.'

'On the bus, Hinata shocked me when she sat down, as no one ever sat with me. I acted rude, but really I was a little happy that someone had enough guts to do that; that maybe not everyone was scared of me. And then, I found out she disliked the day too.'

'When I found out I had to work with Sasuke, I was worried. We had no friendship, and I hardly knew anything about him.'

'On the project, I was relieved to get Hinata as she was not a fangirl, not an irritating fanboy of a fangirl of mine, and she wasn't Gaara, who, while not annoying, doesn't ever talk at all, and I'd never get anything done with. Not that I'm getting much done now, but...'

'I remember, I was surprised to see him at the restaurant, but a little happy. Until I had to go, but I was just a tiny bit excited. Esepcially when we were both outside.'

'I was surprised, but happy. When we went outside, I grew nervous, and I was about to offer her my jacket when she ran off. But, at least I remembered I was late myself.'

'When he came over, I was nervous. And then my father... But Sasuke was so kind, and got me out of there as soon as possible. Sasuke's a lot nicer than I used to think.'

'Well, I was nervous to go over I guess, and then her father was being a jerk to her. I was very angry, and worried about her. So I just got her out.'

'Well, Sasuke got me ice cream, and he's being really nice to me. I'm very happy to be with him right now.'

'I got her ice cream. She said it's good. I'm glad.'

"I didn't think of anything." Sasuke lied. 'She didn't find any of that important, I don't want to embarass myself in front of her.'

Hinata looked up, a little dismayed, 'But none of it mattered to him.'

"N-neither did I." Hinata lied back, looking down.

Sasuke looked at her skeptically. 'She seems a little... Sad.'

"Are you all right?" Sasuke asked, curious if she were. 'She really seems sad now.'

Hinata looked up. "Y-yes."

"Why don't we go for a walk?"

"O-okay." Hinata agreed.

They both got up and walked together randomly through town.

Eventually, they ended up in the main square.

In the main square, there was many, many couples walking about, holding hands, hugging, kissing.

Hinata and Sasuke both looked around at anything but each other as they walked, a little uncomfortable. They weren't quite fitting in.

'Everyone's together, except for us.'

Hinata slowly turned her head to glance at Sasuke, a blush on her cheeks. Sasuke himself turned around at the same moment, to look at Hinata. They both caught each other looking and quickly turned around.

'Sasuke's so handsome, he's making me nervous.' Hinata thought, blushing even more.

'Hinata's really cute-- especially when she's blushing.' Sasuke thought, blushing himself, after getting caught staring.

The two continued walking, not saying a word; just looking at all of the couples.

Temari sat boredly in detention, just waiting for it to end.

'I'm so bored-- why do I have to here?!' She complained silenty. 'Well, it's not too bad. At least Kiba's here too... Not that it matters; I-I mean, I don't like him or anything. Just because he's my friend, sorta, and I guess I could talk to him and stuff while I'm in here!'

Meanwhile, Kiba was blushing slightly, a little embarassed over the whole, "Better without the hood" comment from Temari. 'Does that mean she thinks I'm attractive or something?'

Eventually though, detention was over and class was dismissed. On the way out, walking together, Kiba got the courage to say something.

"Hey, Temari, wanna go... grab a bite to eat?"

Temari looked over, surprised before scowling and replying, "Yeah, sure. Whatever. As long as you pay."

"Fine." Kiba agreed.

Neji and Tenten sat in the movie theater, Tenten intently wantching the movie, Neji intently watching Tenten.

'Isn't this scaring her?' Neji asked himself. 'Why isn't this scaring her?! The whole plan was for this to scare her, so that she'd rely on me, and hug me throughout the movie! And yet she sits there, fascinated! Not scared!!'

Tenten continued watching the movie, completely into it, and completely ignoring Neji.

Neji watched the screen for the moment, until suddenly the bad guy/monster popped up out of nowhere.

Neji freaked out, jumped his seat, and got a frightened look in his eyes. 'This is the scariest movie!' Neji thought, unconciously grabbing Tenten's hand in fear, and clutching it, staring at the screen in horror. 'I want to leave!'

Gaara and Ino stood inside of the smoothie shop, reading over the menu in search of tasty flavors to choose.

Ino and Gaara both finally found a flavor they both wanted at the same time.

"I'll have strawberry-banana." They said.

"Two strawberry-banana smoothies, comin' up." The cashier replied, ringing up the price as a co-worker began busily making the smoothies.

"Strawberry-banana is the best flavor ever!" Ino rambled to Gaara. "It tastes great, huh? I mean, it isn't too sweet, but not too unsweet."

Gaara hardly listened to what she said as he gazed at her pretty face. 'Strawberry-banana is the best flavor...' He silenty agreed. 'It's red, me, mixed together with, yellow or blond, you. Strawberry-banana is like you and me together.'

Sakura sat in her room with Naruto and Lee, trying to both assist Naruto in math, and write the peom with Lee.

"How do I solve 6X-5= 13, Sakura?" Naruto asked.

"You subtract 5 from both sides, and then divide both sides by 6!" Sakura explained. "That's just a basic equation; you really do need tutoring!"

"Sakura, how should I write this?" Lee asked.

"Just make sure you use past-tense in that line, okay?" Sakura replied.

"All right!!"

"Sakura how do I do this?"

"Sakura, how about this?"

"Sakura, is this right?"

"Sakura, does this sound okay?"

"Sakura, this doesn't make sense!"

"Sakura, I'm a bit confused about what I should write next."

"Sakura, will you go out with me?"

"NO!"

"Sakura, will you be my girlfriend?"

"NO!"

Sakura reached for her pencil in order to show Naruto how to solve a problem, and accidentally grabbed Lee's hand in the process.

"O-Oops, S-sorry!" Sakura apologized while blushing, pulling away.

Lee got hearts in his eyes as he silenty chanted in his head, 'Sakura touched me!'

After showing Naruto how to do the problem, Sakura got up to go use the restroom. But as she stood up, she accidentally tripped, and fell, Naruto catching her before she hit the floor.

Sakura blushed, and stuttered out, "Thank you, N-Naruto!" And getting out of his arms quickly.

Hinata and Sasuke continued their walk through town. The sun was going down by this time.

They ended up stopping in a little less crowded area, that still had many couples walking about.

Nervous, the two glanced around.

'We-re still the only ones not holding hands, hugging, or kissing here. It's getting a bit... awkward.'

Suddenly, Sasuke pulled Hinata into a kiss.

He didn't know why, and didn't do it on purpose, but he just pulled her into a kiss. Surprised as he was, he didn't pull away. And neither did Hinata.

Once they stopped, they looked into each others eyes.

'I-I just kissed her..'

'I just kissed S-Sasuke Uchiha!'

TO BE CONTINUED

A cliffhanger of sorts, I suppose. But that was a gift, in apologies for my late update. I know I'm late, but I had writer's block, unfortunately. So in reprimand, I give you extreme SasuHina-ness. Please review!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei