Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 13

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of The Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto-- Masashi Mishimoto does.

Chapter- 13

Hinata and Sasuke both stood completely still, frzen in shock as they stood before each other.

They stood like this for at least a half-hour, before one of them broke the silence.

"Sorry about that..." Sasuke said, looking down and scratching the back of his head. "I didn't mean to do that..."

Hinata, seemingly coming out of a trance, gasped slightly, before quickly saying, "N-no!"

Sasuke looked back up at Hinata. Hinata widened her eyes, before gulping and continuing. "I-I m-mean, I didn't... It d-didn't... Y-you didn't... You didn't do anything wrong."

"Then it was... okay?" Sasuke asked, frowning slightly, unsure. "You weren't bothered?"

"N-no, S-Sasuke.. I wasn't." Hinata admitted, smiling slightly, with a blush staining her cheeks.

Sasuke breathed a sigh of relief, before following suit and blushing himself, smiling slightly as well. "Let's keep going, then..." Sasuke said, before lightly taking Hinata's hand in his own, and pulling her along as they continued their walk.

It was already dark out, probably at least 7:00 p.m., or so.

'Does this mean we're together?' Sasuke and Hinata both wondered, unsure. 'Maybe..'

Ino and Gaara both sipped their smoothies as they walked along the sidewalk of Konoha.

"So, Gaara, how long has Hinata been your best friend?" Ino asked, trying to make conversation. "Sakura's been mine for ages!"

"A long time." Gaara replied. "Same as you and Sakura."

"Oh, yeah? I bet you two are pretty close!" Ino exclaimed. "Sakura and I fight a lot, but we're pretty close ourselves. Who do you think Sakura should end up with? Lee or Naruto?"

Gaara looked at Ino skeptically. "I thought she liked Uchiha like you."

"Not anymore! Neither do I, actually-- we both like different people!" Ino explained.

Gaara was a little surprised himself, but happy too. 'She doesn't like Uchiha? Then who?'

"So? Lee or Naruto for Sakura?" Ino asked again.

Gaara shrugged. "I don't know her so well."

"That's true-- I kinda think Naruto, but Lee'd be good for her too!" Ino admitted.

Gaara, out of sheer curiousity, proceeded to ask something abut Ino. "Who do you like?"

Ino stopped walking, bushing furiously, though Gaara could see. "Me..?"

"Yes, you." Gaara felt he really needed to know.

Ino sighed, took a deep breath, and said, "I'll tell you, only if you tell me. Deal?" 'May as well tell. Better now than never.'

Gaara thought for a moment. 'I sorta like her, but I don't wanna tell her!'

"Well?" Ino asked, turning slightly around to face Gaara. "Deal?"

Gaara sighed and said, "... Fine."

"Okay then. I'll tell you first, but then you have to tell me." Ino said. "I like..."

'Who does she like?' Gaara asked hmself. 'Shikamaru, Kiba, Naruto, Lee, Shino, Chouji, that teach Kakashi, Asuma, Gai?!'

"You."

Gaara stopped his furios thinking, looked at Ino with shock. 'Me?'

"That's right, Gaara! I like you!" Ino exclaimed, blushing. "Who do you like?"

Gaara pulled Ino into a kiss, telling her his answer.

'You.'

Tenten looked over at Neji, raising an unseen eyebrow. 'Why is he clutching my hand like that?'

"Uh, Neji?" Tenten whispered. Neji turned his head around slightly. "Yes?"

"Why are you holding my hand so tightly? I mean, are you okay? We can leave if you want." Tenten asked.

"I'm fine!" Neji replied. "Don't worry about me!" 'I'm scared out of my mind!!'

"Okay then." Tenten accepted his reply, looking back at the screen with interest.

Temari and Kiba sat across from each other at a small table in a local fast food restaurant.

"This is all you could afford?!" Temari said, angrily.

Kiba coughed, almost choking on the burger he'd been chewing. "Hey, I don't make that much money!"

Temari rolled her eyes, picked up her soda, and started drinking it. 'Finally get to go out wth Kiba, and I'm stuck at a burger shop!'

'If I made more money, I'd have taken her somewhere better, but I don't!' Kiba thought, finishing his burger, and moving on to his fries.

Temari then began glaring at Kiba. 'It's like he doesn't even consider this a date!'

Kiba glared back. 'It's like she isn't even considering how much my job pays!'

"You okay, Sakura?" Naruto asked, concerned as she got up, out of his arms.

"I-I'm fine, Naruto. Be r-right back." Sakura replied, leaving the room quickly, on her way to the restroom, blushing.

"Naruto sat back down on the ground as soon as she left, and continued with his math.

Lee turned back to the project, trying to get back to work. 'Naruto's so lucky!' Lee thought.

TO BE CONTINUED

Sorry, thid chapter is rushed. Today's a very close relatives birthday, so I don't want to spend all morning online. Please review!!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei