Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tired of The Day ❯ Chapter 14

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Tired of The Day

By: AlwaysHiei

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto-- Masashi Kishimoto does.

' "Either a quote from previously in the story, or an inside voice from one of the characters" ' (I use notepad, so I can't use italics or bold and such for the voice or quotes)

Chapter- 14

It was getting rather late at night. Hinata and Sasuke had been wandering around for quite a while, and had lost track of time, explaining the pitch darkness, and the slowly depleting crowds of Konoha, leaving the streets for their homes.

Sasuke looked around and thought, 'We completely lost track! It must be at least nine p.m. Hinata's father isn't going to be happy-- I'd better get her home.'

Meanwhile, Hinata had a similar thought-process. 'Hardly anyone's out right now! If I don't get home, dad will be angry again.. Not that he really cares what happens to me. Just because if a Hyuuga got hurt or kidnapped or something because she was stupid and lost track of time, the clan would be shamed. I'd better head home.'

Before Hinata could bid Sasuke goodbye, though, Sasuke said, "Hinata, I'm going to walk you home now. It's very late."

Hinata nodded her head. 'If I walk home with Sasuke, it'll be safer.. But what am I going to tell father? I'm with an Uchiha now... Hyuuga's hate Uchiha..'

And so, they started off, on their way to the bigger, richer part of Konoha. As they walked quickly, hand in hand to the Hyuuga mansion, They both lapsed into silence as their minds wandered to other topics.

Hinata stared at Sasuke, as he pulled her along, and suddenly, the dark image of someone else important to Hinata came into her mind. 'I-It's him!' Hinata thought, startled by the sudden picture popping up. 'The other person I love.. The person who knows and understands me best. Better than Sasuke.. But I love Sasuke, now, and only Sasuke... Right...?'

At the same time, the silhoette of another shadowed-over image came into Sasuke's mind. And the sound of a very familiar, and pretty voice with it.
' "Yes I can be happy, I can be myself,

For I am with you in our blanket of shadows." '

Sasuke's head shot up. It was her. 'The night-girl... But why am I thinking of her? I'm with Hinata now... I'm happy, with Hinata. Day or night, I'm happy with Hinata.. I only need Hinata. So why do I suddenly want to see her? Why do I want to meet the night-girl..?'

They were at the compound, standing by the front door to the main family's quarters. Sasuke looked at Hinata, blushed somewhat, and said, "I'll see you at school, tomorrow, Hinata.."

"R-right! I'll see you there, S-Sasuke. Thank you for walking me home." Hinata replied.

They stood there awkwardly for a few more moments, before Sasuke slowly turned around, and walked off to his own home.

Hinata felt guilty. And she wasn't sure why. 'I have no reason to feel like this! I didn't do anything wrong... Why do I feel like I've wronged that boy? The one from the park... I was never with him, was I? No, no... We've always been just close friends... Not together. So I shouldn't be guilty! I'm sure he'll be fine with this-- happy for me, even... And if he were mad, then that's not my problem! I wasn't with him ever... And if he liked me, he should've said..'

' "But you never said how you felt to him, Hinata." ' A voice in her mind countered.

'I never had anything to say!' Hinata replied, freaked out by the random voice.

' "You know you had feelings for the boy-- the same feelings you have for Sasuke. And you still do. For both." '

'No I don't! I have feelings for Sasuke, but not for him! He's just a friend!' Hinata insisted.

' "You want to see him. You want to see him, and you want to cry. And you want to say you're sorry for kissing someone else. Because you love that boy. But, you don't want to break it off with Sasuke. Because you love that boy as well. You can't choose, Hinata. But you have to. So you want to see him." '

'I don't need to choose anything! I have Sasuke!' Hinata still insisted, shaking her head. This time, her concious stayed quiet, as Hinata realized she wqas standing outside still, and probably had been for twenty minutes now.

Hinata turned around, opened the door quietly, and walked inside, doing her best to not disturb anyone who might be asleep. Hinata tip-toed towards the stairway, on her way to her room, when she heard a loud 'Ahem' from behind her. Hinata slowly turned, unexcited for her probable harsh lecture from the person she thought was there. 'I hope it's Neji, I hope It's Neji!' Unfortunately, her assumption was correct. It was her father.

"Hinata." Her father began harshly, clearly unhappy with her. "How dare you stay out so late! You could've been kidnapped, or killed!"

'It's not like you'd care!' Hinata said in her mind, but kept quiet.

"If that happened, you'd be shaming the clan once again with your worthless self! Everyone would know we had such a worthless, idiotic heiress who is so foolish that she'd stay out this late with some strange Uchiha, not even caring for the safety of herself, even though, as sad at it is for me, she is going to one day be ruler of out family."

'I wouldn't ever rule this family, if you had it your way.' Hinata thought.

"That would make a bad name for all Hyuuga. You've already made us a bad enough name with your weakness, don't go further with youe stupidity, Hinata!" Hiashi continued. "And what exactly were you doing with the Uchiha? A project shouldn't last this long! What did you two do? And why for so long? Tell me! What happened between you two?!"

Hinata's concious chose this moment to come back and bother Hinata again.

' "Go to him. Go meet him again. You want to. You know you do." '

Hinata yelled at the voice. 'Can this wait?! Can't you see! If you're going to tell me what to do, then tell me what to say to my father! I can't tell him I kissed Sasuke, and spent the rest of the time basically on a date! And don't bring the night-boy up into this-- he isn't relevant! Even if I do want to see him.'

"Answer me, Hinata!" Hiashi shouted.

' "Go see him." '

'What do I say to my father?!' Hinata shouted to the voice, getting scared of what her father would do.

' "Go see the night-boy, Hinata. That's what you want to do. Because he understands you, unlike your father. Because he cares about you, unlike your father. Because you love him, unlike your father. So go see him." '

'No! I need to answer him, you stupid voice! What should I say?!!' Hinata asked.

' "If you must say something, then tell the truth. And then go. Go and see the night boy." '

'He'll kill me if I say that!'

' "He'll kill you if you say nothing anyways. And if you leave, he won't be able to. Tell the truth and leave. That's your only option." '

Hinata gulped. It really was the only option she had. "I-I..."

"You what?!!"

"We..."

"What is it!"

"Sasuke and I kissed, and basically went on a date! We're together!!" Hinata shreiked.

Hiashi stood still, shocked. 'My daughter... is with an Uchiha... Our rival family? The family I hate?!'

"...Hinata, you horrid wench!!" Hiashi yelled.

Hinata, looked at her father, tears in her eyes, before running out of the room, and straight from the compound, on her way to the night-boy.

'I need to see him!'

Meanwhile, Sasuke sat outside his door, watching the stars. 'I wonder where that girl is...? I want to see her..'

TO BE CONTINUED

This chapter got pretty serious. The other scenes going on will be explained later on. Hinata got a concious. A very helpful one to this story. Anyways, Even though he acted in respect to Sasuke orginally, Hiashi dislikes all Uchiha, as they rivaled his family in business. I hope this chapter was all right. Please review!

Seeya,
AlwaysHiei