Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Return ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was one chilly afternoon in the middle of autumn. The leaves were slowly beginning to change into different colors and they were breaking off of the tree limbs falling delicately to the ground. Sitting on a bench next to the exit gates of Konoha sat Sakura Haruno. A young chuunin who had pink hair that went down to her shoulders. She wore a black, sleeveless top with a short skirt that cut up in the middle to reveal a black skirt hidden underneath. She wore big black boots that cut off at her knees. She had a very serious expression over her face as she let a small sigh pass through her delicate lips. While she was sitting, a small gust of wind passed by her bare arms, causing her to get small chills throughout her body and goose bumps also. As she looked to the ground, she seemed to be very deep in thought. ‘It’s been a while since Sasuke-kun left the village for Orochimaru.’ As she thought that, she glanced up to the sky, looking at a few clouds that had rolled in quite unexpectedly. Her light green orbs narrowed a bit as she cocked her head to the side.

“Hm…I wonder if it was supposed to rain at all?” She wondered aloud as she slowly rose to her feet, stretching her hands way above her head. Turning on her heel, she slowly began to walk back into the town. Passing through all sorts of people like the villagers, the chuunins, the newly spotted genins, the little boys and girls who played around, acting like a shinobi just made Sakura smile to herself.

“Sakura-chan!” Sakura quickly stopped at hearing her name being called by a very familiar voice. Turning around, she waved a bit.

“Oh, hey Naruto.” She smiled faintly to the now, much taller blond haired boy.

“Sakura-chan, are you ready for the festival?” Naruto asked, a big grin forming over his lips.

“A…A festival?” Sakura asked, being a bit confused. “Oh! Yeah…the festival Konoha has every year…Yes, I suppose I am ready.” She replied, just simply rolling her shoulder into a faint shrug. Naruto slowly inclined an eyebrow.

“Hm…Sakura-chan, are you all right? You seem like you aren’t ready for the festival at all.” While Naruto was talking, Sakura noticed someone in the crowd, a boy who seemed very familiar but was actually now a man. Narrowing her eyes to get a better look, she noticed the man look at her. Quickly glancing away with a small blush forming over her cheeks, she began to think. ‘Was that…was that…man…Sasuke-kun?’

“Sakura….” Sakura was deep in thought now. “Sakura-chan….Sakura-chan!” Quickly snapping out of her thoughts, she glanced over to Naruto who now seemed to be pouting. “Sakura-chan, are you even listening to me at all?” Blinking a bit, she smiled.

“H-Hai, Naruto! I’m fine, don’t worry about it. I’m just thinking right now, that’s all!”

“Hm…are you sure? You seem to have more problems than just thinking…Are you getting sick?” Placing a hand to Sakura’s forehead, he grinned. “You know…I could always come to your house and make it so you don’t get sick. We could cuddle and stay warm..” While saying this, Naruto closed his eyes and began to hug himself. “And we could have fun. You know, it’s good to stay warm around this time of season.” Sakura twitched a bit at hearing him and lowered her head, a sweat drop slowly beginning to form.

“I-I’ll be fine…I don’t need your company.” After that was said, she turned away from the blond-haired boy and sauntered off. Being left behind, Naruto blinked a few times. ‘Hm…I wonder what’s with her…Maybe I should follow her?‘ Glancing upwards, Naruto thought about what would happen if he followed Sakura all the way home. He imagined him going to her window and peeking through to see if she was okay, but then she found out. He shuddered a bit at thinking what would happen after that.

“I..I think I’ll leave Sakura-chan alone for a while.” Walking through her the rest of the town and coming across a small house, Sakura turned, walking into the entrance. Taking off her boots, she walked through the house.

“I’m home!” Sakura called, hoping that her mother would hear her. At not hearing any reply, Sakura sighed and walked into the kitchen, noticing a small note that must have been written by her mother that read, “Sakura, I have gone out for a little while to help the town with a few things. If you need something to eat, there is always food in the cabinets. Or you could go to that nice blond haired boy’s house if you want some company while eating.’ Sakura slumped to the side a bit, a huge sweat drop forming. ‘Me, going to Naruto’s house to eat? Yeah right…’ Opening the cabinets, she took a few items out and just set them on the table. “I’m…not that hungry right now.” She said to herself as she began to wander to her room. Coming to a stop, she blinked a few times and glanced at her window. Looking out the window, she could see that same man again in the village. “Hm…maybe I’ll go outside for a little while.” Putting on her boots once more, she ran outside as fast as she could, hoping she could make it to that area before the boy disappeared.