Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Return ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“What?!” Tsunade quickly jumped out of her chair, her heart beating fast because of the news she had just heard.

Y-Yes Tsunade-sama, it turns out that Sasuke-kun has indeed come back to the village, it’s just that was have no idea where he may be.” Shizune said in a nervous tone, afraid to know what the Hokage might end up doing. Slowly slinking back into her chair, she shook her head.

“But I thought he left the village with that Orochimaru?”

“Hai, it’s true that he did but it turns out he left Orochimaru for some odd reason. He apparently replied with something like ‘I still have unfinished business back in Konohagakure.’ Do you think we should warn the village about this? I mean…he was working with Orochimaru-sama after all. We now have no idea what this young boy who is now a man is capable of.”

“No…”

“Eh..?”

“I said no.” Slumping against her desk, Tsunade let out a deep sigh. “It’s true that he may have been with Orochimaru at one point but what really matters is that he has come back to the village. We tried to get him to come back but he didn’t…and now he has finally returned. Plus we don’t know where he is as of now…and we don’t know if he’s up to anything. So we don’t want to frighten the people if nothing is going to happen. We’ll just wait and see what is going to happen next. And if there is any sign of attack, then we’ll catch him.” Blinking a few times, Shizune slowly nodded, not wanting to get the Hokage upset.

“..O…Okay.”

Coming to sudden stop, Sakura blinked as the man stood before her. His hands were deep into his pockets and he had weird clothing on, clothes that she had never seen Sasuke wear before let alone another man. Slowly turning his head to face her, a small smirk formed over his lips.

“Hello there…Sakura.” Blinking again, Sakura’s light green eyes narrowed.

“Excuse me…but…wait…S-S-Sasuke-kun?!” The boy nodded slowly, being quite amused by her reaction. “Sasuke-kun! I can’t belie--” Stopping herself, she quickly shook her head, a mad expression taking over. “You left the village for that Orochimaru….Naruto tried to get you back but you wouldn’t listen. Why is it that now you decide to show up?”

“Hmph. You are the same as always, so smart yet so clueless. I’ve returned because I have unfinished business to take care of.”

“What business do you have with Konoha?!” Sakura’s eyes narrowed more until they have reached the point in which she was glaring.

“Me? …Well, nothing really. It’s just that if I left Konoha, I might as well destroy it.” Sakura’s eyes widened a bit, feeling uneasiness rise in her stomach. Shaking her head, she clenched her fists now deep hatred for the man rising.

“What…did you…say? I will not allow that to happen!” Sasuke shook his head and let out a laugh. “Do you honestly think that someone like you can stop someone like me?” Suddenly disappearing, he reappeared right in front of Sakura, being face to face with her, his face being so close to hers she could feel his breath touch her. So close he could feel the heat radiating off of her cheeks from her being embarrassed. Grabbing a hold of Sakura’s arm, Sasuke leaned in a bit more and whispered in her ear. “…I don’t think so.” Suddenly disappearing, Sakura fell to her knees, feeling a bit shaken up now.

“How….why…why would Sasuke-kun want to destroy Konoha? I..I have to tell Tsunade-sama about this!”

“Hm…so Sasuke-kun has actually left me, has he?” A voice said from the shadows, sounding quite amused by this.

“Hai, and it turns out he left for Konoha, Orochimaru-sama.” Kneeling down on one knee, a man bowed to the Sound ninja.

“Hn, Kabuto….I expect you will bring him back?” Rising his head up, a smirk formed as Kabuto’s glasses shined.

“Of course….”

A knock came on Tsunade’s door and she quickly raised her head. “Come in!” Sakura slowly peeked her head in through the door and made a full appearance, standing before Tsunade, her head was lowered, her seeming to be very upset.

“S-Sakura…?” Tsunade blinked a few times at the young girl’s expression. “Is there something wrong..?” Sakura clenched her fists and looked off to the side. Tsunade noticed this and narrowed her eyes a bit.

“Well yes….Tsunade-sama. I…ran into Sasuke-kun today…and…he said he was going to destroy Konoha!” Tsunade’s eyes widened and she quickly rose to her feet, slamming her hands on the desk.

“He what?! Such behavior will NOT be allowed. No one will be destroying anything!” Tsunade twitched a bit, a feeling of uneasiness now rising in her stomach. “…I guess we’re going to have to let some people know. But Sakura….don’t tell Naruto about this.” Blinking a few times, Sakura nodded.