Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Za Josei no Kitsune ❯ The test of the two bells ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER FIVE:THE TEST OF THE TWO BELLS

They were small, about the size of a small cherry, silver and hanging from a piece of red string..tinkling quietly as Kakashi held them, in the calm,cool breeze that was blowing in from the east.

“Bells.....†I stared at Kakashi puzzled, half expecting him to pull them away laughing saying that it was all a big joke. But after a few moments of silence I knew it was nothing of the sort.

“Kakashi-Sensai, what have bells to do with training for the Chunnin exam?†I asked still staring at the bells in his gloved hand.

Uzumaki Naruto: The penny suddenly dropped for Naruto, this girl was going to be his team-mate! He felt it was hard enough being around her now, with all the feelings, emotions and countless primal impulses cascading around inside his head, Now he was going to see her every day for the next few weeks. He tugged at the collar of his shirt...Is it getting hot here? It was taking a lot of his will power already to keep himself contained. But being alone with her for the length of the exam made Naruto gulp. Why did this girl have such an effect on him? He bit his tongue, hoping the pain would bring him to his senses. It didn't, it just hurt. Naruto shook his head, trying to silence the wild animal clawing and thrashing about within his body. It seemed to work, after a little while he started to feel himself again, only for him to realise what Kakashi was holding in his hand “aiii Kakashi-sensai, not this pointless exercise! I already know-----â€

“-----You know no such thing!†Kakashi snapped, quickly tying the bells to his belt. “This is not going to be like the exercise you preformed with Sauske and Sakura....today I want you to take a bell from meâ€.

Naruto stared at his sensai, realising after a few moments that he wasn't going to mealy fluke this exercise like the last time, Kakashi actually wanted them to take one of the bells. That wasn't going to be so easy considering Kakashi was a Jonin and a highly trained one at that.

“You will not get my recommendation until you retrieve a bell from me†Kakashi announced holding up a Kinnie “Unless you want to stay Gennin,You are to come at me with full force! No holding back.......No come!â€



Byakko Chieko: I stared at the Kinnie in Kakashi's hand after he had asked for Naruto and myself to come at him with our full force..You couldn't handle my full force I thought throwing my jacket away,and jumping back quickly to avoid any unwanted interaction from Kakashi. Yet, he just stood there, just staring at Naruto and I before him.

“......This moment is better than any..†I whispered feeling my feet pushing themselves off the ground, moving me forward. I ran at Kakashi throwing a punch at his face, expecting for him to at least block it with his hand, however he instead side-swiped me He's quick! I thought feeling my body falling to the ground, however being agile as I was, I simply placed my hands down, catching my weight with my palms and threw myself onto my feet again, my fists raised at the ready to receive any retaliation. Yet, there wasn't any. Kakashi just stood motionless in the same spot as before.

“Don't be holding back Chieko!†he scolded, holding a hand up and gesturing for me to attack him. “come!â€

I clenched my teeth in aggravation as I grabbed some Kinines and Shrukkins and threw them directly at Kakashi, while at the same time charging at him with a clenched fist. Of course Kakashi deflected the ninja weapons with a couple quick flicks of his wrist, but then quickly, without any real effort brought his knee up, smashing me in the chest, knocking the wind out of my lungs. I fell to the ground, trying desperately to catch my breath again. Shit! That hurt! I thought, picking myself up from the dirt.

Uzumaki Naruto: “Aii! Kakashi Sensai that was a bit ha------†Naruto paused realising what he was saying. What am I saying? He thought. This young woman was a ninja, like him, so there was to be no special treatment allowed. But why did he have a hard time treating her as such?

“My turn!†Naruto smirked holding up his hands at the ready, quickly forming seals as he shouted. Bunshin no Jutsu!

Within seconds, in a huge cloud of white smoke stood not one form of Naruto, running full force at our Sensai, but at least twenty of him, all identical, the same powerful yet empty expression etched on their faces and all, the same idea, To take one of Kakashi-Sensai's bells for themselves.

“Time for me to have one of those bells Sensai!†The Naruto's shouted, all raising their fists to strike the motionless Kakashi. Every punch, every kick thrown at him by all the Narutos was either blocked or evaded. Not one of their moves landed on him. After a what seemed like hours of kicks, thrusts and punches, one by one the Naruto's fell, disappearing into a puff of smoke. Until there was only one left. Tired, panting and by the look of things....completely and utterly exhausted.

Byakko Chieko: Looks like he's used up all his Chukra....... I thought shaking my head. I had really expected more from Naruto, However on closer inspection I started to see a shadow flying towards Kakashi from the air. What the?I whispered as I realised the shadow was no other than Naruto..What is that in his hand? I thought staring at the glowing Chukra in his palm, quickly swirling, up, down, around, side to side, backwards..and yet in a total symmetrical sphere,



Rasengan!





Naruto came charging in, Chukra burning and swirling within in his hand, glowing bright cobalt. Kakashi's eyes widened as he went to block the attack that was being aimed directly at his head.

The soft tinkle of a bell rang softly, that suddenly made time stand still.

Everyone stopped, but not before Naruto turned away, slamming the small ball of Chukra into one of the boulders that covered the grounds. The damage was astronomical. A huge gaping hole in-bedded into the stone, all grooved from the spiralling Chukra.

Hatake, Kakashi: Kakashi's face fell, realising that he had let his guard down and had underestimated the grinning clone behind him, who was now holding one of his small bells in his hand.

“...So I see Jiraiya has taught you how to perfect the Rasengan....†Kakashi chuckled thinking of how much the young man had grown. That move had taken years for the highly trained to perfect, and yet Naruto had done it in a period of a few short years. Kakashi was impressed.

Byakko, Chieko: Naruto looked happy with himself as his clone tossed him the bell, it disappearing in a puff of greyish-blue smoke. He then slowly walked towards the edge of the Forrest and promptly sat himself down, with a yawn on a half rotten log.

I sighed..I guess it was my turn now, Feeling the animal inside me scream. I wasn't about to let myself look like a weak little girl.. The only way I'm going to get one of those bells is to use it! I thought bending down and untying my shoes, much to Naruto's surprise. As soon as the sensation of the cool, moist soil touched the bottom of my feet, I felt ready.

“So, you want to see my full powers Kakashi?†I asked closing my eyes,feeling the cool easterly breeze catch my long hair. I hasterly began to move my hands, forming the quick seals needed to perform my gingitsu...only opening my eyes when I shouted.....



Haha naru shizen Jutsu! Mother Nature



The World around me quickly became quiet, the sky becoming dark and free of stars. The only light to be seen was from the moonlight that hung over Kakashi. Then moderatelyone by one rain droplets began to fall...slowly at first then faster and faster, until they suddenly looked and felt like a thousand tiny needles pelting from the sky. I could see Kakashi holding his Kinnie above his head quickly throwing it around, deflecting the rain needles. Smiling to myself, I felt my body melt into the ground like quick sand..slowly melting into the earth blending with it, ready for the next part of my gingitsu. While Kakashi was deflecting the thousands of needle-like droplets, the ground suddenly began to shake, primarily around Kakashi's feet...This isn't goodKakashi thought his eye scanning the environment around him, only to realise the plant roots clawing their way out of the soil, their thorny tendrils wrapping themselves around his feet. Kakashi tried to slash through the Tendrils and plant roots as they continuously wrapped themselves around his ankles however he found his blade wouldn't cut them...These were no ordinary plants.

Lying in waiting under the soil, patiently awaiting for the tension above my head to become heavier, that way I knew when Kakashi was right above me. I gathered he'd be occupied with defending himself from the Chukra infused rain, and flora that I had created, in doing so he wouldn't be expecting me to attack from the ground.

As Kakashi deflected the thousands of tiny needle-like rain droplets, he was also desperately trying to free himself of the plant's limbs and roots that were slowly gripping there way around him. He closed his eyes and formed the seal for Dispelling...it didn't work This wasn't an illusion! What technique is this? He thought trying to defend himself from the elements that were attacking him. Still lying under the ground waiting for my opportunity I quickly felt the ground above my head become heavier Time to act I laughed, quietly moving a hand up out of the soil and up towards his belt. I felt my fingers lightly brush a cold-shiny, surface, only for a great force to grip my wrist ripping me up from within the soil.