Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ 01 ❯ 01:6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

01:6

*

Disclaimer:I do not own Evangelion or any of the characters they are the property of their respective creators. Please be aware that no profit is being made from this work of fan fiction.

A/N: This was my first Evangelion fiction. Now as I am on my sixth work, presently I thank everyone who supported this story and took the time and effort to review. I now present you with this revised edition, now reformatted to meet the standards I have developed in my newer works and with the grammar (hopefully) sorted out.

Regards,

Hououza

*

It was at that moment that warning sirens began blaring all across the geofront

"Sir, we are detecting hostiles on the surface"

For a brief moment Gendo was drawn away from the nightmare before him as he slipped back into the guise of the Commander of Nerv

"Angels?"

Makoto shook his head

"No sir, it's the JSSDF"

"And they're backed up by the mass production Eva's"

Shigeru added. Gendo turned back to look into his wife's eyes

"SEELE…it seems they have come to finish what we started…"

It was at this moment that Unit-01 broke free of the last of its restraints, with a cry it smashed its way towards the launch pad

"EVA LAUNCH!"

Struck by the authority of the command the techs obeyed before they event realised what they were doing, the many doors were open and Unit-01 was being catapulted towards the surface…

*

""I understand sir, we will eliminate all Nerv personnel…THE HELL?!"

The soldier looked up in awe as Unit-01 hurtled out from the remains of Tokyo-3 and soared into the air. As it reached its apex, it should have fallen yet instead it remained hanging there in defiance of all the laws of gravity. The soldiers who had only a moment before been racing towards the entrances to the geofront stopped and stood in a mixture of awe and terror of the great beast…it was at that moment that six great wings of energy erupted from its back

"I don't…"

His words were cut off as the beast swept down and crushed him, the very earth broken and torn by its touch. Vehicle, aircraft, soldiers, even ships were drawn into the great vortex it had created an torn asunder, the cries of thousands of souls as their bodies were ripped to shreds and their souls devoured filled the air…

*

In the geofront the entire bridge crew were silent, witnessing the horrors unfolding before them they were too afraid to speak lest they bring the nightmare down upon them…it was now that the sirens sounded once again…

"Sir! We have blue patterns detected!"

"What?" Where?!"

Makoto typed in a series of commands

"Checking now sir…dear god! It is in the geofront! The detention cells!"

*

On the floor, a crimson pool was spreading…the hand of the guard still poking out from where the door had driven his body into the wall, the floor now being soaked with his blood. In the broken doorway two figures stood, one with long red hair and the other short blue hair, both of them their eyes glowing and their feet floating slightly above the ground

"Shinji"

Both spoke in unison, the call too strong to be denied, they must go to him now.

The pair floated down the corridors, any guards they encountered found themselves being crushed into the walls, their bones cracking under the pressures of the twin AT fields, the halls filled with blood…

*

Now with all traces of the JSSDF gone Unit-01 turned its attention to the nine mass production Evas. Each with the mirthless grin on its face they now circled Unit-01 like vultures on carrion beasts…then the sky ruptured once more as a great ball of flame descended from the heavens and struck the earth beside Unit-01, it reached into the great ball and it seemed that its hand closed around something at the heart of the flames. As the hand drew back there was a long pointed object held there, bit by bit more and more of the object was pulled from the fire…now the last part came free, the great twin points, the lance of longinus had returned…

With a evil grin that matched that of the mass production models Unit-01 let out a battle cry and charged…

*

Now faced with the battle above and the angels below, the command bridge was in an uproar. The three techs sat ready at theirs posts tracking the angel signatures as they moved ever closer, meanwhile the Major Katsuragi, Gendo and Yui stood looking at the view screen. They watched as Unit-01 tore into the first of the mass production Evas, the lance splitting it in two before being drawn back and plunged into the core. Then another charged forward and one more the lance shot forward and through the dummy plug, the unit falling silent…one by one they fell, each having either its entry plug or core destroyed so they could not revive.

"Sir, the angel signatures are approaching the Eva cages!"

The view screen flicked to the internal camera depicting the Eva bays. The remains of Unit-000 and Unit-02 stood there…all at once the door flew from its hinges and two figures emerged…

"Asuka! Rei!"

The lavender haired major called out as she watched the two girls float towards their Evas.

As Rei approached Unit-00, its eye began to glow, slowly at first but then getting brighter. All at once new growth spurted down from its severed head and its body began to reform, meanwhile with Asuka and Unit-02 the chest plate had drawn back revealing the deep red core

"Asuka! No!"

Misato ran to the control panel and screamed into the microphone, yet Asuka could not hear her. Her mind lost against the second Shinji's will, her body corrupted by the insertion of an S2 organ she passed into the core of the Eva even as the armour began to reform…

By now, Unit-00 has fully regenerated and Rei too had entered her Eva's core. It was now that a change began to take place, the Eva's began to shift and change. Slowly a second eye erupted onto the head of Unit-00 as the chest armour of Unit-02 bent outwards, then the chest of Unit-00 was expanding as Unit-02's four eyes slowly merged into two…

When it was over the two evangelions looked radically different, although they retained their colours each now has two eyes and a face slightly closer to that of Unit-03. However the most significant change was the bodies, each Eva's chest was now shaped such that they resembled those of a woman, great pairs of breast shaped armour jutting forth. As the two tore free of their restraints as Unit-01 had done and made their way to the surface of the geofront the ground above tore open to reveal the form triumphant form of Unit-01. It floated high above, still gripping in its hand was the lance of longinus, now coated with the remains of the MP Evas it had been used to destroy. It descended on Unit-02 at first, its mouth opening and covering Unit-02's in a horrific parody of a kiss. Unit-02 was pushed to the ground and its legs pushed apart…

It was then that they heard the screams…a mangled cry came from the mouth of Unit-02, a voice only barely recognisable as Asuka's…cries of pleasure and pain as Unit-01 rose and fell above her…

Maya began to vomit, whilst Shigeru and Makoto turned away in disgust. Only the eyes of the Major and the two Ikaris remained on the screen as Unit-01 continued its work. With a final cry, it rose from Unit-02, leaving the red Eva lying there and advanced on Unit-00, obviously intent on repeating its actions. As it fell upon Unit-00 the air was cut by Rei's shrill cries, where as Asuka's had been violent and loud Rei's were soft and deep. Unable to take anymore of the sound Maya fled from the control room, Makoto and Shigeru not far behind

"Why?"

Yui could not bring herself to turn away from the horrors being depicted on the view screen as Unit-01 reached its climax

"Why Shinji?"

*

Now in once more in the mindscape of Shinji Ikari a war raged, no longer willing to sit back and allow his other self to control him Shinji was putting up a brave fight. The two boys rolled about locked into a brutal combat

'Why? Why do you resist me?'

'Because you hurt them! You hurt them all!'

With one last effort Shinji gained the upper hand, he grabbed the others arm and flung him with all his might at the walls of this place

'No!'

As the other Shinji struck the wall distended around him, flexing like rubber it stretched further and further outwards until it broke and his twin sailed off into the darkness…

*

Back in the real world Unit-01 now near silent, he got up from Unit-00 and turned toward the geofront

"Mother…father…"

The voice although still warped by the giant form of the Eva was recognisable as Shinji, yet it no longer held the hate and venom it had done before…now it was only gripped by a terrible sadness…

*

Yui looked at her son, his body scarred from battle, his eyes awash with sorrow. How she wished she could hold him and make it all go away

"Shinji…I…"

"I'm sorry mother"

Shinji lowered his head; to his sides slowly Asuka and Rei were beginning to stand

"IT'S NOT OVER!"

He turned suddenly at the voice; just in time to witness a greater horror…the great white bulk of Lilith had risen from central dogma still bound to the great cross. As Shinji watched its form began to bubble and swell

"FIRST YOU WITNESSED MY DEATH, NOW WITNESS MY REBIRTH!"

With a great cry, the form of Lilith exploded leaving a giant figure standing there, a figure with glowing eyes…