Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ So Happy Together ❯ chapter 27 ( Chapter 26 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
So Happy Together



Rei was the first to wake up that next morning. She didn't want to, but she had to use the bathroom. She gazed at her husbands serene face, then glanced at the clock, it was almost 8 am. She then looked back at her husband, who was still laying on top of her.

The first child whispered. "Koibito" and tapped on his shoulder.

"Mmmmmm" Shinji embraced her tighter, and shifted his hips in his sleep, making himself go deeper into her womanhood..

"Ahhh" It felt good to her, but his manhood was now poking her bladder. "Koi.. wake up." She tapped on his shoulder again with a bit more urgency.

Shinji shook his head and whispered "Tired" in his sleep.

Rei groaned, for she had to go to the bathroom, and she had to go now! The angel took a deep breath, concentrated, and put Shinji in a divine hexagonal bubble and lifted him off and out of her. As he hovered above her, she slipped from underneath him, and gently placed him back on the bed without incident. Rei giggled and clapped her hands because she was pleased with herself and her ability to control her powers.

<see, shikisha, I know what I'm doing!> With a little pep in her step, she crawled over the furniture and went to the bathroom.

Shinji's eyes shot *wide* open once he heard his wife in the bathroom. He wasn't going to tell her this, because he knew she didn't do it on purpose, and he could also tell by her angelic laughter that she was proud of being able to control her powers, *but* for the brief time he was in that bubble.. he couldn't *breathe*!!!

<note to self: next time Rei-chan tells you to get up.. DO IT and do it FAST!!>

When Shinji heard the toilet flush, he turned around to look at her. He could barely see her over the stacked furniture.

Rei washed her hands and looked at herself in the mirror. "Who are you?" she asked herself. This was a question she had asked herself a lot when she was younger. But this time there was no inner turmoil, and she smiled as she gave her answer. "I am Rei Ikari."

Shinji smiled at her answer too and continued to observe her in silence.

Rei tilted her head, as she gazed at herself. There was something different about her today. She just couldn't figure out what. For about five minutes, she observed everything about her face before it became clear to her. She opened the medicine cabinet and pulled out a pair of scissors. The first child then grab a lock of her blue hair and brought the scissors to cut it.

"Kioshii, NO!"

Startled, Rei dropped the scissors on the floor. She turned to her husband, placed her hand on her chest to calm her heart beat and admitted. "I thought you were sleeping."

Shinji quickly got off the bed, crawled over the furniture and walked into the bathroom. "What are you doing?"

She gave him a confused expression.

So he clarified. "What were you going to do with the scissors?"

"Oh" She bent down and picked them up. "I was going to cut my hair."

"Why?" He asked in a very distressed tone. In his opinion, her hair was short enough.

"Because it has grown too long" She ran the fingers though it, making it feather beautifully.

Shinji gave her a dumbfounded expression. "Are you telling me your hair grows?"

<duh> She answered sweetly "Doesn't everybody's?"

"Yeah... I guess." He took a good look at her blue hair. She was right; it was longer. Almost to her shoulders. "I never knew..."

She quirked a brow. "Never knew what?"

The third child admitted honestly. "That your hair could grow.... I mean as long as I've known you, it has been that length..." He gently grabbed her wrist and lifted her arm up. "And you don't grow hair under here..." With his other hand, he poke at her underarm, making her giggle.

"Stop that!" she playfully commanded.

He crouched down and caressed her long, slender ,shapely legs and continued "You don't grow hair here..." He ran his hand up to her womanhood and started caressing it as he said. "And you don't have hair here either.."

Rei blushed.

Shinji libidinously looked up at his wife. "Kioshii...." His reason for coming into the bathroom was now forgotten. Her scent of their love making last night was intoxicating, making him want her, want her bad, and want her NOW.

She could hear the desire in his voice. She could also see it in his erect manhood. She smiled and teased. "I thought we were talking about my hair."

Like a child, Shinji shook his head no, leaned his head forward and stuck his tongue between her legs.

"Ahhhh...." Rei's eyes shot wide open in pleasure. "Okay .. we can talk ..ahhhhh about that.. oh yeah.... ohhahhh.. later.." Because of what Shinji was doing to her, she could barely remain standing up. Her knees felt like jelly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About two hours later

Shinji stared in the bathroom mirror. He had his hand on his left shoulder and was shifting it around in a circle. He was still amazed that his wife healed him; he also marveled at the fact that the bruises were now gone too. Unfortunately, so was their synchronization bond.

Shinji asked for the 4th time. "Are you sure I pleased you, kioshii?" He was feeling self conscious since he couldn't feel her sensations.

A few seconds later, Rei poked her head out the shower and assured in whisper. "Koi, it was even better than last night."

Shinji gave her a skeptical expression. For *him*, it was better than last night but she... she didn't scream as much this morning, so he didn't entirely believe her. "Then how come you weren't as vocal?"

She blinked hard and whispered "Because I'm hoarse, koibito."

The boy looked at his wife as if he just realized her plight. Rei went back in to the shower and shook her head when her husband seemed to beam with pride

~~~~~~~~~~

When Rei got out of the shower, Shinji was already preparing breakfast for her. She walked over to the closet to get something to wear, then remembered that she had taken all of her clothes on her trip and left them in the limo last night. She turned around and saw Shinji's sleep shirt hanging off the couch and decided to put that on for the mean time. She knew that with her husband's libido, they would be making love at least one more time before his friends arrived to go to the fair.

Not that she was complaining, and just to make sure that they *did* make love, she only buttoned the two middle buttons, and positioned the shirt to hang off her shoulders with a seductive innocence. She ran her fingers through her hair, making it feather beautifully, and walked into the kitchen.

Shinji was awe struck when he watched his wife walk into the kitchen in his shirt. He didn't know what it was that made her look so sexy in that oversized shirt; maybe it was the way it hung off her shoulders, or the way she only buttoned it in the middle, hiding her private regions, but revealing enough to let him know she was naked underneath it. Or maybe it was it was the innocent way she didn't seem to notice how sexy she looked.

Rei noticed the way her husband was staring at her. She had to physically fight the urge to smirk at her cleverness. She knew how turned on her innocence act made him. So she continued with the act and informed in a calm sweet voice "You're burning the rice, koi."

Shinji nodded absently then snapped to attention "Oh sh*t!" He returned his gaze back to the stove and quickly took the pot off the eye. "I'm sorry Rei-chan. I'll make you some more."

"No, that's ok..." She embraced his back and gave him a hug. "I'll just eat at the fair."

"About the fair..." Shinji turned in her arms to face her and gave her a seductive gaze. "Do we really want to go?"

She gave him a dumbfounded expression. Did he not realize how much *extra*work* it was for her to make sure he had this present by his birthday?! Did he not know how much *money* his father had to put out, to ensure that this was the best fair that ever came to Japan?! And *now* he wanted to *shuck it*, just because he wanted to have SEX!! She looked up at him and answered. "No, koibito. We really don't want to go."

Hell yeah, they were going to shuck it!

Unfortunately, fate had planned for them to go.

BANG DINGDONG BANG BANG DINGDONG DINGDONG

Both Rei and Shinji almost jumped out of their skin.

"Somebody needs to teach your friends how to ring the door bell like a normal person." Rei said in an annoyed tone.

Shinji nodded in agreement. "I'll go and get rid of them." He kissed his wife and walked to the front door.

"Shin-man!" Kensuke yelled excitedly. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

"Uhh.. Thanks man..." The pilot's anger dissolved when he saw how happy his friend was.

"Happy Birthday, Ikari-kun" Kimiko said sweetly accompanied with a polite bow, as she quickly turned her head away from him and blushed because he was bare-chested and only adorned in a pair of sleeping pants.

"Thank you" Shinji responded in kind. Not realizing how he was dressed, he quirked a brow at her shyness, and wondered what was wrong with her.

Kensuke brushed past the pilot and walked into the apartment and said "We got you a gift!"

Kimiko's eyes widened because of her boyfriends rude behavior. <he didn't even wait to be invited!> She stayed in the hallway.

Kensuke kicked off his shoes and continued. "It's not as nice as the stuff Rei sent you but, hey, it's the thought that counts, ne?

"Speaking of Rei..." Shinji interrupted. "She's home and ..."

Aida laughed as he walked deeper into the apartment. "Oh that again! It's ok, man, Kimiko won't tell anyone that Rei's gone. " He turned to face the pilot. "Actually, she already knew that she was still gone. Why do you think she let me hang out with you so much?"

Shinji's gaze whipped back to the really, tall girl. She gave him a sheepish shrug and a guilty smile.

Kensuke continued. "So, I was thinking that when Suzuhara gets here we, will go to the fair now so we can be one of the first people in line."

"About the fair...." Shinji interrupted.

"What about it?" asked another male voice at the doorway.

Shinji turned around to see Touji walking in and kicking off his shoes. Kimiko remained outside, dumbfounded by the boys' rude behavior.

"Where's Hikari?" Kensuke asked.

"She's with Asuka" Touji admitted "I convinced her to meet us there instead of bringing Asuka to Shinji's apartment."

"Why?" Kimiko asked quizzically from the hallway.

All the boys looked at her like she was stupid. Then Kensuke quickly fixed the expression on his face, and asked sweetly.

"Kimi-chan, why are you still outside?" He gestured for her to come in with his hand.

She looked at Shinji to see if it was alright. In an exasperated sigh the boy shrugged his shoulders. When the girl walked in, a low calm voice called out.

"Koi."

Shinji felt like ice went down his spine.

Kensuke and Touji were surprised to hear the gentle voice of Rei, and ran to the kitchen to see if she was really there.

"DON'T YOU DARE GO IN THERE!!" The third child yelled at his friends. He just realized that he allowed his friends to come into his very small apartment, and his wife was in the kitchen, adorned in ONLY his nightshirt.

Too late.

Kensuke and Touji couldn't hide the blush on their face when seeing a barely dressed first child. However, they were respectful and quickly turned around toward the bedroom. Their eyes tripled their size, their blush deepened, and their jaw hit the ground when they saw all the sex toys strewn around the room and the ankle and wrist restraints still hooked onto the bed.

"OH_MY_GAWD!!" was all the boys could say. They were redder than a tomato.

Shinji's gaze went toward what his friends were looking at. He as completely horrified! <just swallow me up!> He mentally prayed to any and every god who would listen. It took all his energy to force himself to move and push his friends away from the kitchen door. He then turned to face his wife and mouthed "I'm soo sorry!"

Rei just stood there with her crimson eyes as wide as saucers and didn't respond. She was too embarrassed to respond.

A few seconds later Kensuke teased. "Well they say it's always the quiet ones..."

"Get Out!" Shinji growled in total embarrassment as he pushed the two stooges toward the front door.

"Fine fine" Touji chuckled at he picked up his shoes. Shinji wasn't giving them anytime to put them on. "But we'll be back in an hour. So hurry up, get your freak on, and be ready to go to the fair!"

"I said, Get Out!" The pilot yelled again as he pushed Kensuke out.

Kimiko had already walked into the hallway when Suzuhara and Aida stumbled out behind her.

Shinji slammed the door shut, locked the door with exaggerated energy, and spun around. He was startled to see his wife standing behind him.

Rei gave her husband an unreadable expression.

Shinji swallowed hard, thinking that he upset her, but was happily surprised when she slid the shirt off her shoulders and let it fall to the floor.

"If we only have an hour..." Her crimson eyes became painfully seductive. "Then I suggest we skip foreplay and go straight to making love."

No more needed to be said for the third child. He scooped up his wife and ran to the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

45 minutes later.

Attired in only a bra and panties, Rei was sitting on the bed drying her hair with a towel while her husband put away the last of their sex toys. They ended up having to make love in the shower, so they could utilize the time given to satisfy themselves, clean the apartment, and get dressed. With the cluttered apartment as clean as Shinji could make it, he walked over to the closet.

"I bought you something to wear today, kioshii."

Rei passively looked at her husband and asked. "Even though you didn't know I would be back?"

He smiled warmly. "I could hope, couldn't I?" He reached in and picked out a dark blue T-shirt and khaki shorts. Then placed them on the bed in front of her.

She smiled and nodded her thank you. Shinji then got his clothes out of the closet, which was also a dark blue T-shirt and khaki shorts.

The first child quirked a brow. "What are we... twins?"

"Yep!" The third child said proudly. "Now everyone will know that I'm with you and you're with me!"

She happily chimed. "I see" then put the wet towel on floor, stood up on the bed and started to get dressed.

Shinji watched his wife get dressed. Well really, he observed her blue locks. "What were you going to tell me about your hair?"

She glanced at him as she buttoned her shorts. "Nothing really. Just that I grows like everyone else's.... Probably faster."

His brow forked in disbelief. He sat down on the platform of the bed, leaned back on the mattress and stared up at her. "But... your.... you know.. (he didn't want to say clones)... they all had the same length hair. Are you telling me that someone cut it?"

Rei shook her head no. "That was the desired length at the time. If I were to let my hair grow out, then instructions would have been encoded for my hair to grow to another desired length."

He didn't understand. "Are you telling me that .. you were programmed... like a robot?"

"No." She gave him annoyed expression. She did not like being compared to a robot or a doll.

"Then what are you saying?" the boy asked quizzically.

She took a deep breath. "I'm saying .." She looked at him laying there in his boxers and said in her calm sweet voice. "What I'm saying is... get dressed. Your friends should be here soon." She didn't know how to explain it in terms he would understand. And she hated not being able to explain herself.

Shinji reluctantly accepted her refusal to answer, and did as he was told. "Rei-chan"

A muffled "Hmm?" was heard from under the shirt, she had just pulled it over her head.

"Will you allow your hair to grow out for me?"

She pulled her head out through the neck opening, and scrunched up her nose. She didn't want to let her hair grow out. It was too much of a hassle.

He could tell she was about to say no. "Please... as a birthday present to me?" He gave her his patented puppy dog face. "Aren't I supposed to get whatever I want on my birthday?"

She nodded without compliant. "I will no longer cut my hair."

Shinji was surprised that his desire was granted so quickly. <this birthday thing is awesome!> "I'm not saying never cut your hair.. I just want to know what it looks like a little longer."

She nodded.

'Why haven't you ever let it grow out before?" He gave her a quizzical expression. "Were you told not to let it grow out?"

The angel shook her head no. "It is difficult to manage. My hair is very thick."

Shinji looked up at his wife. He believed her reason. Her hair may have been angel fine and as soft as gossamer silk, but she was right. It was also extremely thick. Also, in her opinion, the manageability of it had never been easy. For as long as he'd known her, he had never seen her hair not in disarray. Everything about her was always impeccably neat, except her hair. He smiled; that was one of the things he loved about her.

"What if ..." He got up off the bed and retrieved a shoe box out of the closet.

Rei finished making her shirt lay right and sat back down on the bed, indian style, as she patiently waited for him to finish his sentence.

Shinji returned to the bed, sat beside her, and opened the shoe box.

Still waiting, Rei lovingly observed her husband. She had always wondered what was in that box.

"It's my mementos.... of my mom." He admitted solemnly as he dug into the box.

Rei just nodded. She didn't try to look inside the box because he looked protective of its contents.

Shinji looked at his wife. "I've never shown anyone what was in here before..." He returned his gaze to the contents.

Rei silently watched him.

Shinji took out a picture and handed it to her.

She was very surprised to see who was in it. It was a picture of his dad. The commander was younger and he was smiling. So very happy was his expression.

"My mom said she took that of him a few days after they got married... I bet.. if she never died... he would ...like me."

Rei looked away from the picture and lovingly gazed at her husband, as she gently wiped a tear from his cheek. "Kioshii... trust me; he likes you."

Shinji took her hand in his, pressed her palm against his cheek, and nodded as he tried to laugh away his sorrow. "This is why I never open this box... to many wounds."

She wanted to tell him to close it but... <that would be running away> Rei waited for him to continue in whatever way he wanted.

After about a minute, he sniffed away his tears, returned to the box, and pulled out a silver brush . "If you want, I will take care of the upkeep of your hair?"

Rei looked at the inscription on the back of the brush. It said Yui Ikari. "You don't have to use that brush, Koibtio."

Shinji nodded. "It's ok. I don't mind. When I was little, my mom let me brush her hair with it all the time. It's only right that I use it on you."

Rei smiled.

But Shinji frowned. His words didn't come out right. "I'm not trying to say you're her!"

"I know." Rei assured. She understood completely.

However the third child continued. "Because I know your *not* her.."

"I know." Rei assured again.

The pilot continued. "You're an angel... not my mom."

Rei nodded and confirmed his statement.

The boy continued. "It's just that I love you so much, and besides you... this is my other most precious possession... so I wanted *you* to use it..."

Rei gave him a warm smile and caressed his cheek with the back of her fingers. She had understood that from the beginning. "I know, my love."

Shinji looked deep into her crimson eyes, then took a relieved breath. He was grateful that she was always so understanding, unlike that crazy demon he wasted too many years with.

Rei got off the bed and sat in between his legs on the floor. The boy smiled and started to brush her hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About five minute later

Rei had her head resting against Shinji's inner thigh. Her eyes were closed, and she was loving the feel of getting her air brushed. It was taking so long because her husband wanted to brush her hair with a 100 strokes on each side. She didn't mind though, she was loving it.

"I love you, Rei-chan" the boy whispered for the 15th time since he started his task. He didn't know what it was about brushing her hair, but to him, there was something sexually arousing in the act of doing this for her. He hated that his friends would bee here in less than ten minutes.

"I love you more, koi." The first child happily sighed out. Her eyes fluttered open when she felt his hand on her chin. Gently, he tilted her head up and kissed her passionately. She inwardly groaned, for she hated the fact that his friends were coming in less than ten minutes.

And if on queue..

DING DONG

The first and third pilot parted from their kiss and looked quizzically at each other, then said in unison "Just one ring?"

Rei went to answer the door. Shinji stayed behind and quickly fixed his clothes. They weren't doing anything, but he still wasn't complete dressed yet either. He didn't want his friends picking on them anymore than they already would. He grimaced when thought about the jokes they were going to make about their sex toys.

Rei stood at the door. "Are you ready, koi?"

Shinji called back "Yes, Rei-chan. I'm decent" as he fixed his shirt to lay correctly.

Rei opened the door and hid her surprise when she saw one of her personal NERV agents. Inwardly, she prayed that the commander hadn't changed his mind and called her back for testing.

"Yes" she asked in a 3rd commander type tone.

The mustached man swallowed hard, then gave her an envelope. "This is from commander Ikari." As fragile as she looked, Rei intimidated the hell out of him.

Rei received the packet and closed the door. There was no thank you , good bye or any type of pleasantries.

Shinji was standing in the bedroom, but he could see the exchange between his wife and her subordinate. He was totally shocked by her behavior. It amazed him how much like his father she could be. Even though, he already knew that she shared many personality traits with the man, he was always shocked when she displayed them. He never realized that she was like the commander to those who worked under her as well.

When Rei turned around, she slightly titled her head to the side, and gave her husband a warm angelic smile. The smile she only gave to him.

Shinji immediately relaxed and strangely felt comforted by her smile. Actually, he felt selfishly pleased that only for him, did she melt her cold exterior. Rei was his, and only his. The rest of the world did not know her, and would not know her. For she would not allow the world to know her; only he had that privilege. Not even his dad knew her like he did. <Only for me does she smile that way> He gave her a warm smile too. A smile he only gave to her. He was no longer distressed by the way she treated others; he was glad about it.

Shinji pointed to the item in her hand. "Is that for me?" His eyes widened in embarrassment after his words. He had no idea why he would ask that. <why would my dad send *her* agents to give *me* something?... duh... because he did it all yesterday.> He was brought out of his thoughts by her answer. An that answer surprised him.

"Yes, it is." She walked to him and gave him the envelope.

Shinji quickly opened the packet and quirked a brow. " What are these?"

Rei looked into the envelope. "They're wrist bands."

He gave his wife a grossed out look.

"They're for the fair." She giggled and shook her head. "Pervert."

The boy sheepishly laughed. "How was I supposed to know!"

Rei shook her head again and was about to say something, but was interrupted by

BANG BANG DINGDONG DINGDONG BANG BANG BANG

Shinji answered the door and Rei closely followed. They knew exactly who it was.

"Glad to see you're finally dressed" Touji teased. He looked over the third child's shoulder. "You too, Mrs. Ikari!"

The newlyweds blushed a deep shade of red.

"Are you ready to go?" Kensuke asked innocently then said. "Or do we have to bring out the whip?"

The two stooges laughed.

Rei and Shinji wanted to crawl under a rock.

Kimiko sighed and came to the rescue. In a sweet voice she called "Kensuke."

Aida jerked to attention and slowly turned to face her. "Yes, Kimi-chan?"

She shook her head.

"Gomen." Aida bowed his head down as if he had just been chewed out.

Rei, Shinji , and Touji were totally shocked. They were actually shocked stiff! Kensuke was the stooge who was thought to have a mouth that couldn't be tamed. And there he was, silenced by a gentle voice and a shake of the head. There was only one thing to be said about his behavior, and Suzuhara said it in a disgusted whisper.

"Whipped."

Everyone's eyes widened and looked at Touji. But what was said next was even more surprising, and Aida said it.

"So."

Everyone's eyes widened even more and they looked at Kensuke. Then Shinji changed the direction of his gaze and said.

"What are you talking about Suzuhara?! You're whipped too!"

"So!!" Touji spat out absolutely, then pointed at Shinji. "So are you!"

"And proud of it!" Shinji shot back, looked at his wife, and nodded. "Damn proud!"

Rei passively looked at her husband. She gave no reaction to his words, only because they were now in the public eye, and she didn't express herself in public. However, inwardly she was smiling.

Kimiko gave the newlyweds a warm smile then reminded Kensuke "Are you going to give him his gift?"

A guilty smirk appeared on both his and Touji's face. "Oh yeah, the gift." He turned back to face the birthday boy, and held out a wrapped box.

"It's from the both of us." Touji added.

Shinji gave a sheepish grin, as he received the gift and said "Thank you" as he politely bowed.

"Open it!" Kensuke commanded.

Shinji nodded and walked to the step in their foyer and sat down. He gestured for Rei to sit next to him; she complied.

Touji was about to scream as he watched Shinji timidly peal the paper a loose, so he wouldn't tear it. "Just rip it, Ikari! It's not like you're ever going to use that paper again!" <sheesh!>

Tempted to do as the boy said, Shinji continued to open the box the way he wanted to. Rei was inwardly pleased that her husband didn't change to please Touji.

When the third child finally opened the box and looked in, he quickly closed it.

"Whatcha get?" Kimiko asked quizzically.

"Uh.. nothing Kimi-chan.." Kensuke quickly said in a guilty tone. "Nothing at all."

Rei looked at her husband and in an unspoken request, she asked him to see the contents of the box. Reluctantly Shinji gave it to her.

The first child looked in, then pilfered through everything in the box, then closed it. No words were spoken, no reaction was given. Well nothing they could see. Shinji however, smiled because he read the amused shimmers in her eyes. Rei truly was like no other girl he had ever met in his entire life. She sat the box on the floor beside her and asked her husband.

"Are we ready to go?"

Shinji's smile broadened and he nodded .

Touji and Aida were completely dumbfounded and asked in unison. "You're not mad?"

"No. Why would she be?" the third child asked piously, then got on his knees and started slipping her tiny feet into her sneakers.

"You are soooo kawaii!!" Kimiko squealed as she watched Shinji put on Rei's shoes as if he were prince charming and she was Cinderella.

"I'd do that for you!" Aida pouted to his girlfriend.

Kimiko gave him a warm smile. "I know sweetie."

Touji rolled his eyes and grabbed his stomach as if he was going to hurl. "Are we ready?!"

Shinji slipped on his shoes. "Yeah, we're ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Touji led the way as they walked through the park and toward the fair. He was joking around and acting very silly since he was not yet under the observation of his master (Hikari). Shinji was acting like the silly stooge that he always became when all three of them were together, since Rei didn't mind, of course. However, Kensuke.... he was acting abnormally mature. Mostly due to the fact that he was trying to impress his master (Kimiko). Rei was characteristically quiet, as she held her husband's hand. And Kimiko held Kensuke's hand, but stared at the first child in a silent awe. Since her hobby was exactly like her boyfriend's, she knew a lot about the Rei's position in the ranks at NERV and her being 3rd commander. Kimiko was amazed that a girl that looked so meek and frail and spoke barely above a whisper could wield so much power at NERV.

"There's my Hikari-chan, and.." Touji lovingly chimed then groaned "Asuka."

Shinji unconsciously put a tighter grip on Rei's hand. She in turn gave him a reassuring squeeze which relaxed him immediately.

Asuka felt like her insides turned to ice when she saw Rei and Shinji together, in matching outfits. Hikari gave a worried glance to her friend and asked.

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Inwardly the class rep hoped she would want to go home.

The second child took a deep breath and spat out "I'm not going to let Wonder girl keep me from hang with my boyfri--" Asuka stopped herself from speaking those words, took a deep breath and shook head as if she were trying to un-convince herself of something.

Hikari's eyes widened, then she took a deep breath and said "You know, we could always do something else."

"I'm fine" Asuka growled absolutely then whispered to herself "I'm fine.."

"How's my best girl?" Touji cooed and gave the rep a big hug and kissed her on the forehead.

She blushed and embraced him back, secretly whispering something in his ear. Touji shot a quick glance at the second child and nodded. She released him and gave him a happy smile. "I'm so excited!"

Everyone agreed, except Rei. Not that she wasn't excited because she was; it's just that she didn't like talking to anyone other than Shinji, the commander or the 2nd commander.

Kensuke asked Hikari "I thought you guys were going to get us a place at the *front* of the line?"

"We did" the rep answered sweetly.

The seven teens looked at the very long line in front of them. They couldn't even see the entrance to the fair from where they were.

"This SUCKS!" Aida yelled completely distressed.

"It's ok sweetie" Kimiko assured as she placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Where did all these people come from?" Rei whispered to herself. From what it looked like, everyone who lived in Tokyo-3 was in line in front of them. That wasn't even counting all the people behind them.

Shinji was the only one who heard her silent question and answered. "They've come from all over Japan, kioshii."

Asuka felt like she wanted to rip his throat out for calling Rei, beloved <he never called me kioshii!!!>

Rei looked up at her husband and spoke in a low voice, which most would consider a whisper. "But it was only advertised throughout Tokyo-3."

Shinji could see that she was distressed. She hated large crowds. He caressed her face with the back of his fingers and said warmly. "Word of mouth. Fairs are a rare thing in Japan. So everyone wants to go to it."

"We're never gonna ride all the rides with all these people!!" Kensuke yelled completely distressed.

"Ride?" Touji yelled even more distressed "We're not even going to get in! By the time we get to the front of the line, they're going to be at maximum capacity. We're going to be turned away!!!"

Shinji's gaze left his wife as he remembered what his father gave him.

"So how much does it cost to get in?" Kensuke asked dejectedly even though he had lost all hope that they would be getting in today.

The class rep was about to answer when Shinji said. "Don't worry about it. My father gave us VIP wrist bands." The pilot pulled the envelope out of his back pocket and started handing them out.

Kensuke quickly got his and Kimiko's. Touji grabbed his and Hikari's. Shinji gave one to Rei and...

"There's only one more left!" Shinji whispered in terror to his wife.

The first child looked over at Asuka, who still didn't have one, then back to her husband, who didn't have one either. After a moment of deliberation, she did the only thing she could do. She gave hers to Asuka.

<Nooooo!> Shinji couldn't believe what Rei just did. <I knew she didn't like fairs..... I can't believe she just.. ..> His thought were interrupted.

"What's wrong with this one?" The second child growled as she snatched it out of Rei's hand.

Rei answered calmly. "Nothing is wrong with it, Souyru. I do not need one."

Shinji breathed a sigh of relief, and took out the last wrist band and put it on.

The others quirked a brow.

"What make *you* so special?" The second child asked snidely as she snapped the wrist ban around her wrist. She really didn't want an answer though.

She didn't get one. Rei ignored her and helped her husband snap his wrist ban around his wrist. Perhaps that was her answer. It was Shinji that made her so special. But then again, it could be the fact that she was 3rd commander and was one of the three that orchestrated the whole thing.

Hand in hand, Shinji and Rei got out of the line and started walking toward the entrance. "Are you coming?" the third child called out to his friends.

"Hell yeah!" Touji and Kensuke yelled as they grabbed their respected girlfriends hand and followed the pilots. Asuka dragged her feet as she followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Besides the people who worked in the fair The seven teens were the only ones that were allowed to come in.

"I can't believe they let us in an hour early!" Touji exclaimed happily. "Man it's great to have connections!"

Kensuke grabbed Shinji's shoulder. "So we'll be able to get on any ride without having to wait?"

Rei nodded and informed "You will also be able to eat anywhere and play any game without paying."

"WOW!" Touji said happily and dragged Hikari to a cotton candy vendor. "Man it's great to have connections!"

"So if we don't have to wait in any lines, what's the point in being in here early!" Asuka snorted out and crossed her arms "The rides aren't even functional yet!"

Kimiko glanced at the second child then quickly looked away. Besides the fact that her Ken-chan hated the girl with a passion, she didn't know much about the red headed girl. However, she did know not to get on her bad side. It took weeks for her Ken-chan's black eye to go away.

Shinji glanced at Rei and she nodded to his unspoken question. The pilot of unit 01 then spoke confidently "Asuka if you want to ride a ride, now, just ask them and they will cut it on for you and let you ride!"

"Oh hell yeah!!" Kensuke tightened his grasp on his girlfriend hand and sprinted way, Kimiko in tow, towards the roller coaster in the back.

Touji watched the boy run off and asked with a mouth full of cotton candy "What happened to Aida?" He then narrowed his eyes at the second child.

Shinji called out his answer. "He went to the roller coaster! He's going to have them cut it on so he can ride it now!"

Not even a second later Touji and Hikari made a dash toward it as well. That left the first, second and third child alone together. There was an uncomfortable silence for about 15 looong seconds with tension as thick as mud between the three. Then Rei said

"Shall we go join them?"

Shinji nodded gratefully, grabbed her hand and made a dash for the back. He ran, and he ran fast, because he wanted to get away from Asuka. Rei ran because she knew why Shinji was running and because she didn't want her husband to drag her. Mostly for the latter reason.

Asuka didn't follow. She just watched their fleeting forms and smirked. "Wonder girl.... have your fun now.. because very soon Shinji going to be mi--." She stopped her words and shook that thought out of her head. She took a deep breath then ran to catch up.

For the last three weeks the second child had been battling her conscience. She hated Rei and she wanted Shinji back, she was sure that would never change. But lately, Misato had increased her therapy sessions to 4 days a week, and with the help of her therapist, her obsession with the third and first child was not lessened, but it *was* identified. A start to her being able to successfully handle her *own* life ,so said the doctor. It was a mental and psychological fight, but Asuka was determined not to let insanity beat her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next hour, six of the teens had a ball riding all the rides they wanted for as many times as they wanted.

"And you know what the best part about this is?" Touji asked as he ran to the next ride.

"What ?" Shinji asked as he followed the fourth child, and dragged Rei along with him.

Suzuhara laughed out. "That everyone else is still outside, and they're sick with envy that we're in here!!"

When they arrived at their destination, they were at a spaceship looking ride called the Gravitron. It was a ride that uses the pressure of spinning to pin you against wall using the force of gravity. It was a ride that would make someone with a stomach of steel queasy. Needless to say, the first child was *not* getting on it.

Shinji turned to Rei. "I'll see you when I get off, kioshii!" He gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and trod up the entrance ramp.

Rei nodded and waved him away. This is what they had been doing for the last hour. Shinji and Touji were paired up on each ride, Kimiko and Kensuke were paired. and Hikari and Asuka where paired. It worked out perfectly. Perfectly for Rei that is. She hated fairs and she hated RIDES.

Hikari had planned to ride with Asuka anyway. She thought that Rei and Shinji would ride all the rides together. She didn't want the second child feeling left out. She had spoken of her plan to Touji and he agreed, only to keep the peace for Shinji's birthday.

Touji turned toward the first child. "Are you sure you don't want to go on this ride either?" He couldn't understand why she wasn't riding anything.

Rei nodded. "I am positive. I do not want to go on this ride."

"It's not a two seater." The fourth child tried to convince. Most of the rides weren't two seaters anyway, and if they were Rei could easily squeezed in between them because she was so thin.

"She doesn't want to ride!" Shinji cut in, to save his wife from any further explanations. He knew that Rei got motion sickness and that was a secret she wanted to keep to herself. "So let's just go!"

Touji shrugged and walked in.

They were the only two in there. Asuka was having a hard time being around Rei and keeping up her mock civil act, so she and Hikari rode rides on the other side of the fair. Kimiko and Kensuke got on the Ferris Wheel and haven't got off yet. No need to guess what they were doing. So it was only Shinji and Touji riding together. However, everyone promised to meet up together once the fair officially opened.

Touji picked a mat on the wall in the circular room that was directly adjacent to Shinji. The man in the middle that controlled the ride smiled and asked with exaggerated humor

"Are you to ready to RUUUUMMMMMMBLLLLLEEEE!!"

"Yeah!" the two boys yelled back excitedly.

"Then here we go!" The man chimed out and pressed the start button. Disco lights started blinking and a fast paced techno song came on. Then they started to spin. Slowly at first, and gradually increased speed.

Touji could feel the gravity pressing him against the wall as he called out. "Shinji!"

"Yeah!" The third child answered just as the mat he was leaning against lifted off the ground and slid up the wall.

"Why doesn't Rei go on the rides... ugh...." Suzuhara yelled out as his mat slid up the wall. "Is it because of me?"

Shinji could feel the gravity pressure against is body and groaned out. "No.. It's... because..... urg... because she doesn't like ....fairs..."

"Oh...." Touji was finding in hard to speak, but continued anyway. "Then .....why.... did..... she.... do.. this.... for... urh... forget it..." It was too difficult to speak.

Shinji didn't try to respond to the question, instead he used his energy to position himself so he was laying sideways on his mat and the mats next to his. Touji then used his energy to turn himself up side down. Shinji soon did the same.

<this is sooo great!> they both thought in unison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the outside

Rei sat on a bench and patiently waited for her husband to come off the ride. She knew that this was what she was going to be doing all day, so she made sure that there were benches for her to sit in visual distance to each ride.

"So where is everyone?"

Rei turned to the voice to see a very happy yet guilty looking Kimiko and even happier yet guiltier looking Kensuke. The first child wasn't going to answer them. She didn't have to because they didn't out rank her. She resolved to ignore the question and return her gaze away from them, then heard Shinji's voice in the back of her mind, telling her that her social skills were rude. So after inwardly sighing, she answered.

"Shinji and Suzuhara-kun are on the Gravitron" Then pointed toward the ride.

The two lusty teens looked at the spinning spaceship, then back to the blue haired girl as she finished her sentence.

"Hikori and Souyru are elsewhere."

The two nodded, then Kimiko squealed ."Guess what?!"

Rei gave the girl a passive stare and did not attempt to guess.

The girl plopped on the bench beside the first child, and brought up her left hand revealing...

"I'm promised!" She wiggled her fingers and giggled in her seat.

Rei looked from the girl to Kensuke. He beamed proudly. Then she looked back to the girl who sat beside her and said in a calm tone "Congratulations."

"Thank you!" Kimiko squealed as she embraced Rei in an excited friendly hug.

For many reasons Rei stiffened uncomfortably because of the girls physical affections. However, the main and #1 reason was .. With the joyous news that she was just informed of, and the fact that they have been on the Ferris Wheel for almost an hour ALONE, Rei did *not* want Kimiko touching her, for she didn't know where the girl's hands had been, although she had a good idea!

Aida saw the flash of distress and anger grace his commanders gentle face and quickly pulled his future betrothed back. "Kimi-chan just gets a little excited.. Sorry Rei." He hoped that explanation would keep her from being upset. In his mind, he still had clear memories of Rei's dislike to being touched by him.

Rei responded to Kensuke's explanation by getting up and walking away from his girlfriend. As she walked toward the exit of the Gravitron, she mentally yelled <see that's what happens EVERY TIME I try to NOT to be rude.... what's WRONG with these people, always GRABBING a hold of ME!> Rei had decided to go back to interacting with others the way she used to, before Shinji's voice ate at her conscious. As of right now, the only one of Shinji's friends that hasn't hugged her was Touji, and she was not want looking forward to adding him on her list.

(Asuka had embraced her too, but it was more like a bear hug when she tried to snap the first child's back, when they fought in the locker room). ^_~

Kensuke whispered something to his beloved, making Kimiko's eyes widen and her sheepishly call out to Rei "Gomen Ikari-san." The girl addressed Rei with an elder's respect because she knew of Rei's high ranking position, and because she was married.

Rei did not respond; although, she did like the sound of Ikari-san.

The ride slowed to a stopped and about a minute later, the third and fourth child stumbled out in a very dizzy fashion.

"That was GREAT!!" Shinji yelled as he tripped into Rei's arms. Making the first child groan as she tried to carry his weight without falling back.

"You've got to go on that man!" Touji laughed out. "It's awesome!"

Rei caressed Shinji's face. He looked a little pasty. "Are you okay koi?"

He nodded and gave her a warm smile. "I think I'm just going to walk around for a while though."

She nodded. She could tell that he was about to throw up.

Touji walked over to Kensuke and gave him a knowing look and asked "Well?..." He knew what Kensuke had planned to do at the fair.

Kimiko squealed and showed her ring. Touji gave her a I'm happy hug and shook Kensuke's hand.

"Congratulations!!!" Shinji chimed out as he rested his arm on Rei's shoulders and leaned his weight on his wife. He knew about Kensuke's plan too. Actually, it was his idea to do it at the fair.

Rei did her best to hold him up as she walked him to the bench.

"Are you ok, Shin-man?" Aida asked a little worried.

Shinji plopped on the bench. "Yeah, I just fell a little queasy that's all. But I'll be ok."

"Motion sickness?" Kensuke couldn't believe his ears "But you pilot an Eva! How can you get motion sickness?!"

"When you are in an Eva, you are in complete balance in your surroundings ." Rei inform in a calm voice but with a slight defensive edge to it. "You do not feel the change in inertia, momentum or gravity. Therefore, it its very likely that a pilot could acquire motion sickness due to riding these rides and still be able to pilot her... *his* mecha effectively."

Shinji smiled warmly at his wife. He knew that she was not taking up for him. She was taking up for herself.

Touji softly chuckled. He now figured out why Rei didn't ride the fair rides.

"Come here, kioshii" Shinji commanded warmly and grabbed his wife's hand, making her fall onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around her slender waist and cooed playfully. "I don't feel good..." He nibbled on her neck and said with playful lovingness. "I need you to heal me."

All of his friends laughed, thinking that the third child was just being kawaii. However, Rei knew that her husband was telling the truth and being dead serious. He wanted her to heal his stomach. She twisted in his lap to face him, closed her crimson eyes, and gave him a divine kiss. During the kiss, she prayed that they did *not* become bonded by this loving gesture. If they became bonded now, she would be totally sick right after he went on the next ride.

When the third child felt better he pulled back from the kiss. He gave her a warm smile, and gently caressed her face. Rei looked at him expectantly. He shook his head, telling her he didn't feel it. Shinji gave her one more kiss. It amazed him how close they were, and that they didn't need words to converse and understand each other.

"They are soo sweet!" Kimiko said an a happy sigh <I hope they're always like that> She looked over at Kensuke who was joking with Touji <I hope we'll be like that>

Aida looked toward the entrance and watched as the people started coming onto the fair grounds. With an aggravated sigh, he turned to look at Suzuhara "Where's Hikari and the demon? I thought we all agreed to meet here before the fair opened!"

Touji looked around and shrugged. "Knowing Asuka, who knows.... "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still don't own any thing that deals with Evangelion.

I got the idea of Kensuke asking Kimiko to be promised from my dear friend Victor Knight. ^_~ He's such a romantic.

I love ya lots. I really really do!

Kimberly