One Piece Fan Fiction / Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Cruise ❯ Luffy's Day Out - A Pirate Crew in Titan's Tower ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own One Piece, Teen Titans, or any characters or elements contained within. I believe these can be credited to the geniuses Eiichiro Oda [author and artist of OP], Marv Wolfman and George Perez [respective author and artist of The New Teen Titans comic of the eighties], and Glen Murakami and his talented crew [the staff of the Teen Titans animated series, the Titans version which this story is based off.] Thanks for developing these wonderful characters I have the pleasure of using in this story!
 
Any original characters, however, belong to Pivitor. Remember it!
 
 
The Ultimate Cruise:
One Piece meets Teen Titans
 
Chapter 14: Luffy's Day Out—A Pirate Crew In Titan's Tower
 
The blinding light died, fading as suddenly as it had overtaken them. The Teen Titans and the Straw Hats still stood in a dank cavern, but it didn't take the knowledge they all had of that light's effect to tell them they weren't in the same cavern as before.
 
Not even waiting for his vision to return to normal, Robin dashed forward. Slade couldn't be far—Starfire couldn't be far—but his endeavor revealed nothing. As the blurriness finally vanished from his sight, Robin realized that Slade and the surviving Iso-jin were nowhere in sight; only Starfire and Sanji's still mangled bodies lay before them.
 
“H-How?” stammered the Boy Wonder.
 
Cyborg's body beeped and buzzed as his arm popped open, a simulation of each teleportation appearing side-by-side on his monitor.
 
“When we were teleported the first time, we were all standing close,” Cyborg began, “But this time, we were separated into two groups. It appears that our distance from the Stone determined when we were teleported—and we must have arrived long enough after Slade's group that they were able to escape.” Another investigation of the cave revealed another saddening truth. “Zoro's attack even seems to have pushed Ian far enough away from us that he was teleported before us as well.”
 
The green-haired swordsman snickered a bit, admiring his own strength. However, his joy over the pain he must have made Ian feel was short lived.
 
“They took the girl.” he growled, referring to Tashigi. “Yet they left us the idiot cook. What a nasty trade.”
 
As if it reminded her, Nami finally noticed her crewmate on the ground. “Sanji-kun!” she exclaimed as she dashed forward, feeling for his pulse.
 
Chopper didn't need to get that close to make a diagnosis. “We need to get them to a hospital quick!”
 
“No.” Robin stated as he lifted Starfire into his arms. “They're going home with us. They'll get better care at Titan's Tower. Raven! Get us to the surface.”
 
When he received no response, Robin and the others turned to see the blue-clad Titan on her knees.
 
“Raven?!”
 
“I let you guys down!” she exclaimed. “First with the Iso-jin, and then in the cave when I let my anger explode—I nearly killed Starfire! How…how could I let my anger get that out of control? I can't get angry!”
 
“Calm down Raven.” Terra said. She seemed to swallow a lump in her throat as she continued. “Anybody would get that mad over being betrayed.”
 
Luffy leaned down next to her, laughing. “Besides, that was really cool!”
 
Again Luffy was knocked to the ground for his statement, but the attacker had something to say too. “We all can't be responsible for our emotions all the time.” Nami told her. “We were all feeling it Raven. You just took action, and possibly stopped a worse fate from befalling those soldiers.”
 
“I've fought your anger too, Raven.” Beast Boy said, smiling a bit. “Remember how he kicked my butt? You do a great job under the circumstances. I couldn't control all that power myself.”
 
“Exactly.” Cyborg confirmed. “None of us are perfect. We're not going to get mad at you for a little slip-up like this.”
 
Raven rose to her feet, a smile and a tear on her face. A smile was rare, but for Raven a tear was unheard of.
 
“Thanks, guys.” she smiled as she raised her arms into the air. “Let's go home.”
 
 
 
Titan's Tower was the Teen Titan's home—obviously—and was also a giant tower in the shape of a `T'. It sat on a small island overlooking Jump City, a beacon of hope to the innocent citizens and a reminder of inevitable doom to every villain that dare set foot in the Titan's territory.
 
Robin led the Straw Hat Pirates off an elevator and into the living quarters; Starfire and Sanji had already been delivered to the sickbay on the lower levels, and Raven had administered a little of her power to speed-up the healing process.
 
The large area they now entered served both as a living room and a kitchen for the Titans. Straight across from the entrance stood a large-screen television—as tall as the wall—and stretched beside it in both directions was a long window overlooking the bay. A plush, curved couch was the centerpiece of that area, but to the group's right side there was also a kitchen area. Luffy's eyes couldn't be moved from it.
 
“Well, you guys,” Cyborg began as he spread his arms towards his domain, “Make yourselves at home! You can use anyth—”
 
“Oh boy, meat!” The Titan's hospitality was interrupted by Luffy, who had just found an entire frozen turkey in the freezer. As he moved to drop the meat into his enlarged mouth, a veil of black draped over the turkey, pushing it back into the freezer Luffy had so obliviously left open. Raven moved her other hand as the entire refrigerator was covered in her power.
 
“We don't have enough food to feed you.” Raven grumbled. Luffy blushed.
 
Glad the responsibility of keeping him away from the food was finally out of her hands, Nami strolled to the massive window. An amazement not seen since their entrance to the Grand Line shone in Nami's eyes as she gazed at the Jump City.
 
“Boy, those building sure are a lot different from ours.” said the navigator to herself. “I wonder how big this island is, anyway.”
 
Cyborg walked up besides her, chuckling a bit. “This isn't an island. We have islands here, but the city is on something called a continent. A continent is an island as big, if not bigger, then an entire ocean!”
 
Nami's eyes grew huge. “Really?! Do you have pictures?”
 
The mechanical man smiled as the screen on his arm popped open, a map of the Eastern Hemisphere appearing.
 
Robin, meanwhile, pulled off his utility belt. “I need to refill.” he sighed. Usopp seemed excited at the thought.
 
“Um…Robin?” the sniper asked. “Can I see your utility room?” He received as nod from the Titan, and Usopp smiled. Robin's weapons fascinated him—if his explosives were the caliber of Robin's, then nobody could stand up to Captain Usopp!
 
“What about a weight room?” Zoro asked, pulling his katanas from beneath his waste-band as he sauntered into the living room.
 
Beast Boy was the one to take up the reply this time. “Yeah, we have a weight room. It's down that hallway.” As the changeling pointed down the right hall, he heard Terra snicker. “What's that about?”
 
“Oh, it's nothing.” Terra blushed. “It's—it's just that I've never actually seen you use the weight room before.”
 
“I've used it before!” Beast Boy rebutted.
 
The Earth-mover laughed again. “Only once, and that was just because you got covered in radioactive chemicals, remember?”
 
As Beast Boy continued to insist about his manliness, Zoro just sighed. “Forget it,” the swordsman sighed as he laid his swords across his chest. “I'll just take a nap first instead.”
 
Roronoa Zoro collapsed onto the couch, but as he landed on the cushy fabric, he felt something beneath his head. Something human.
 
“GAAAAH!”
 
Both Zoro and the other figure jumped to their feet, jumping back and taking stances.
 
“Who the hell are you?!” Zoro demanded.
 
“I could ask the same of you.” the other figure returned. He was rather tall, with black pants and a blue shirt. Long, black locks of hair hung down to his shoulders and across his tan face.
 
Hearts began to fly from Terra's and even Raven's eyes. “Aqualad!” they both exclaimed as they dashed to the aquatic hero's side.
 
“Aqualad!” Beast Boy echoed as he approached the hero. “Long time no see, buddy!” The two friends extended fists, giving each other a pound. The Straw Hats simply gazed upon the Honorary Titan with wonder.
 
Robin easily noticed their discomfort. “Straw Hats, this is Aqualad; Aqualad, these are the Straw Hat Pirates.” They exchanged nods. “Aqualad is a friend of ours and an Honorary Teen Titan. The Straw Hats, well, we've been traveling with them for a while.”
 
“Yeah, I noticed.” Aqualad grunted. “I needed to talk with you guys, but when I came in here through the sea-port the entire tower was empty. I noticed that this little guy had been left alone—” he gestured towards a large, pink larvae sleeping on a table, “—and I figured I'd take care of him until you guys got back.”
 
A smile crossed Beast Boy's face as he swept the bizarre pet into his arms. “Silkie!” he exclaimed. The creature squealed in delight, wiggling its numerous legs as a look of happiness could be seen in its bug-eyes. “Boy, Star's gonna be so happy to see that he's okay!”
 
Luffy, Usopp and Chopper each grew silent in awe, moving in slowly around the pet. Beast Boy and Silkie just stared eerily at the three's awkward assault. However, Nami had found something that interested her more. She too now stood decked out besides Aqualad, the hearts flying from her head joining with Raven's and Terra's and rapidly covering the ceiling.
 
Fortunately, Robin didn't have such a distraction. “Wait a second, Aqualad,” he began, “You said you needed to talk with us?”
 
The aquatic warrior turned his attention from his admirers back to the Boy Wonder. “Yeah, that's right. I found something in my ocean I think you might be interested in.” Aqualad rummaged through his pocket for a second, before pulling out a disk and tossing it to Cyborg. “Give this a look, guys.”
 
Cyborg inserted the disk into a nearby console, and instantly a blueprint-like picture appeared on their tremendous television.
 
Instantly, Robin's eyes shot wide in recognition. “Wait a second…the design of this place looks eerily like—”
 
“Slade's hideout?” Aqualad asked. As the Boy Wonder nodded in agreement, Aqualad sighed. “I thought so. I'd seen enough evidence that he was there, but I never could confirm it was actually him.” Grabbing one of Zoro's katanas—dropped in their scuffle—he used it as a pointer.
 
“I barely got a look at the inside before I was chased away,” he began as he pointed towards a diagram at the top, “but obviously the architecture in there was enough for you to confirm it belongs to Slade. However, I was able to get accurate directions to the entrance as well as its statistics from examining the outside.
 
“The hideout is several stories tall—all of it submerged in underground caves—with dozens of intertwining tunnels and one main chamber in the center. Also, it seems that if you dug high enough you'd break out above ground, but none of the tunnels go that high.”
 
“Fantastic!” Robin exclaimed, driving his fist into his open palm so hard it made several of his friends jump.
 
Zoro raised a confused eyebrow. “But how are we going to travel underwater?”
 
“Easy!” Cyborg eagerly answered. “We'll use our submarine: The T-sub! It's designed to travel underwater!”
 
The Straw Hats gasped, and Luffy moved in with his eyes larger than saucers. “You have a boat that can travel underwater?” Cyborg nodded, and Luffy gasped again. Then he started poking him in the head. “Does that make you an Iso-jin?”
 
The robotic Titan's powerful metal fist sent the rubberman flying. “No.” he decided to answer anyway. “Their boat is powered by the Iso Toa; mine works because of technology, just like me.”
 
“Speaking of the T-Sub,” Beast Boy began as Silkie crawled onto his shoulder, “How are we all going to get down there in it? Doesn't it only have five seats?”
 
Cyborg's jaw hit the ground as he realized his friend was correct.
 
Aqualad just laughed. “I thought that might be a problem,” he began, “which is why I brought him.”
 
With an illegible squeal, a small grey creature jumped from behind the couch, clothed in overalls and carrying a tool box.
 
“Tram!” Cyborg exclaimed; Tram made another incomprehensible noise, probably a return greeting. The two gave each other high fives.
 
While the Titan was thrilled to see this guy, the newcomers seemed rather disturbed. Even Chopper, considered a freak himself, slowly snuck behind the couch. “Who…is that?”
 
“This is my assistant, Tram.” Aqualad smiled.
 
“Yeah, this little dude's almost as good a mechanic as I am!” Cyborg added eagerly. Tram squealed, seemingly in offense at the almost in that statement. “With you here, we can modify the T-sub in no time!”
 
How soon?” Robin asked, an air of urgency appearing in his voice.
 
Tram tried to reply; before he could even finish squealing, Cyborg interrupted with an answer for everybody who didn't speak gibberish. “Probably by tomorrow if we work all afternoon and night—which is definitely possible as long as I plug myself in for a few hours as I work.”
 
It was just the answer Robin was looking for. “Perfect then! By tomorrow Starfire should be rested up enough, and the rest of us can have a night to prepare!”
 
“Well then,” Cyborg began as he and his similarly-inclined friend turned to leave, “I guess we'd better get to work.” However, just as moved towards the door, it sprang open by itself, a purple and red flash dashing across the room.
 
“Silkie!” the streak cried as it swiped the worm from Beast Boy's arms—hurling the changeling into a near wall. The Titan's pet cooed happily as it found itself in the arms of the person it loved the most; Starfire floated in the middle of the living room, holding her precious close.
 
Robin was shocked, to say the least. “Star?! What are you doing up? You shouldn't be moving around yet!”
 
“Nonsense.” The troop turned to see Sanji stroll through the door. “We're fine. It's just a few scratches.”
 
Starfire giggled as Silkie crawled up her back and onto her head. “Yes, Sanji-kun speaks the truth.” she managed to interject between her laughing. “We are quite fine now that we have had the rest.”
 
Suddenly, a blaring alarm went off; the siren sounded in rapid bursts as a red light flashed at the same time. Realizing it was the alert, the Titans stood ready—but only for a second.
 
“Wait a second…” Robin gasped, finally realizing that the sound was off. “That's not the trouble alert; that's—”
 
He didn't have time to finish as the alarm stopped—and the sprinklers kicked to life, spraying water in every imaginable direction.
 
“—the fire alarm.”
 
Every eye in the room turned to Sanji, leaning against the wall with a drenched cigarette hanging limply in his fingers.
 
The cook looked down to the now-extinguished stick in his hand and then at the soaked group of heroes standing before him.
 
“Shit.”
 
 
 
Luffy walked through the streets of Jump City, his youthful spirit reveling in the new sights to be seen. His toothy grin covered his entire face.
 
“Boy, this sure is a lot more fun then being with Nami.”
 
“Stop shaking, Luffy! You're getting water everywhere!”
 
“But I can't help it, Nami!” Luffy whined. “The water is making me weak! I have to get it off!”
 
Again the rubberman shook his body, spraying water everywhere. Beast Boy, holding a rag, groaned as the water soaked both him and the surface he had just wiped dry. “Dude, stop it! Fur's a lot harder to dry then skin, remember!”
 
Robin sighed, deciding to end this before it even started.
 
“Hey, Luffy.” Robin began, grabbing the pirate and leading him towards the door. “Maybe you should wait in the other room for a bit.”
 
Luffy nodded as he was ushered into the hallway, looking a bit sad as the doors closed off his path into the living room.
 
A second later, however, he just huffed. He could have a lot more fun without them spoiling everything.
 
Taking another look at the sprawling buildings, Luffy's eyes seemed to stretch now, filling up more of his face. He was truly, truly awestruck.
 
“Boy, I wonder how they fit all this in that tower?” he asked.
 
Strolling down the hallway, Luffy came about a door with a button next to it. Not even once considering ignoring his curious nature, the rubberman pressed the button and stepped into the door besides it as it slid open.
 
The room he found himself was small, but to his delight, the walls were covered in more buttons.
 
“This must lead to other rooms!” Luffy determined as he surveyed the curious surface. “Boy, how can I pick just one?!”
 
But choose one he did, and as the room moved and the door opened, Luffy found himself faced by blue skies and fresh air. He was outside, on the island surrounding Titan's Tower.
 
Of course, Luffy's simple-minded nature didn't let him contradict something he had already decided. If that wall o'buttons brought him to another room, then this was another room!
 
“What a big room!” Luffy exclaimed out loud as he stretched his arm behind him. “Rubber Rocket!” he cried as his arm then snapped forward, snagging the edge of a skyscraper. In one quick flash, Luffy had been unknowingly hurled into Jump City.
 
As the pirate captain walked into a crowd of people, he tried to drum up a conversation—mostly wondering why they were living in the tower. However, nobody would give him the time of the day, and with all the hustling, bustling, and steadfastness of the populace, Luffy quickly found himself knocked onto his bottom.
 
The rubberman sighed, staring into the sky as he wondered why these people were so rude. However, his attention was quickly turned from this as he noticed a billboard on top of the nearest skyscraper. Although he couldn't read English, the pretty pictures entranced him. Suddenly, the picture changed; this was a video-billboard, complete with audio.
 
An announcer appeared on the screen. “Are you hungry?” he asked. Luffy nodded eagerly. “Do you need a quick fuel-up in the middle of the day? Any time of day when meals aren't ready?” Luffy nodded even more, making excited noises in the meanwhile. He was always hungry, but that bastard Sanji would still only cook him three meals a day.
 
“Then why don't you try Zippy Bars?” the announcer suggested. “They provide a zippy burst of flavor and energy to keep you going any time of the day! You can find them at any supermarket! Try one today!”
 
“Okay!” Luffy replied. “I'll do that! Thanks!”
 
“No problem.” The announcer eerily smiled before disappearing.
 
“Now to find a supermarket.” Luffy said, looking around. Finally, he saw a man in a suit walking past. Dashing to his side, Luffy excitedly asked “Do you know where to find a supermarket?”
 
The civilian replied by flipping him the bird.
 
Luffy looked the direction his middle finger was looking, but just seemed confused. Throwing his arm forward, Luffy's limb stretched down the street and grabbed the man by the shoulder, pulling him back to the rubberman's side.
 
“I couldn't tell where you were pointing.” he said innocently, with no idea as to what the gesture meant. “Could you show me again Mister?”
 
This time the trembling man really pointed towards a supermarket, and he used his index finger to do so. He never took his suddenly-bloodshot eyes off the horrific rubberman.
 
“Thanks, Mister.” Luffy laughed as he pushed the man aside, walking into the quaint grocery store.
 
It was like heaven.
 
Luffy was simply in marvel at the neatly packaged shelves full of food. Meat, bread, meat, any food you could possible think of, ready to eat then and there! What else would there be to live for after seeing this!
 
The rubberman couldn't comprehend it all. What to eat first? Of course, it seemed the real question would be: what not to eat?
 
“Rubber…” Monkey D. Luffy tossed his arms to the side, rapidly building up momentum like he would for a Rubber Gattling. “…Buffet Line!”
 
His arms lashed out faster then the eye could see, each time grabbing another food item. As they were pulled back to the rubberman he opened his mouth wide, letting his prizes fall straight down his throat.
 
One of the few employees still lucid enough after seeing Luffy's feats pressed the silent alarm, and by the time Luffy had cleared the store of all its food he was surrounded by several uniformed Rent-A-Cops.
 
“Freeze!” the cop yelled, his voice warbling a bit. He certainly wasn't sure of what he could do against somebody who had eaten the entire store's contents in less than three minutes, but he wasn't getting paid to sit by and watch either.
 
Luffy burped and turned to walk out the door.
 
“Fine then!” the cop retaliated, firing off his gun—his subordinates followed suit. The bullets bounced into Luffy's skin—but as expected, just like every other time—the bullets simply bounced back, shattering shelves and several cardboard cut-outs of cereal spokesmen.
 
The cops screamed in fright, abandoning their guns then and there and dashing towards the far exit. Luffy didn't even notice their attacks, and continued his stroll out of the store.
 
 
 
“I am Adonis!” The man screamed, lifting a cop car above his head. Only his head was human—the rest of the thief's body was covered in a large red, robotic shell that simulated pumping muscles.
 
Cops scattered as Adonis tossed their own patrol car their way, and as pavement scattered in all directions, the villain was left plenty of time to make his escape. Swiping several bags of money from the ground, he turned to dash.
 
Standing before him—blocking his escape—was a small, unimposing boy wearing a Straw-Hat.
 
“Excuse me, mister, do you know where a bathroom is?” Luffy asked, shaking his legs. “I really gotta take a piss.”
 
Adonis raised an eyebrow. “Do you know who I am?” he asked, frustrated by the boy's ignorance. “I am Adonis! You don't ask me questions! You see my magnificent muscles and get out of the way!”
 
“But I really gotta pee!” Luffy cried.
 
“Enough!” Adonis responded, unleashing steam from the suit's mechanical muscles as he sent the rubberman flying with a backhand. The criminal then turned to leave, until he heard that same annoying voice.
 
“Bastard! I just gotta pee!” Somersaulting in midair, Luffy kicked towards the villain, his leg stretching across the sky and striking Adonis straight in the face. “Rubber Stamp!” As he stumbled backwards, Adonis dropped his loot. “Rubber Stamp!” Luffy span, unleashing his other foot into the suit's chest. The rubberman's kick cracked open the red-armor, and his sandal got stuck in the suit just long enough for the pirate to be pulled back onto the battlefield.
 
Freeing himself with a somersault, Luffy flipped a few feet away, facing Adonis.
 
“How dare…how dare you touch Adonis's muscles!” The villain cried, charging forward. “I will make you taste their true power!”
 
As Adonis charged forward, Luffy just groaned. He grabbed his right forearm with his left hand.
 
“Rubber…BULLET!”
 
With the force of both arms Luffy drove his right fist into crack created by his earlier kick. The entire suit of armor exploded, shattering in every direction. A limp, unconscious man who was nothing but skin and bones—Adonis's true form—fell to the ground.
 
Luffy smiled, and then noticed the money Adonis had stolen. Picking up the bag, Luffy gasped out loud at the sight inside. “Look at all this money!” he exclaimed. “Boy, this sure will be a great way to make up to Nami for getting everything wet!”
 
Slinging the bag over his shoulder, Luffy started to walk back in the direction he came—until he saw a street corner, and remembered he had to pee.
 
“Oh well, might as well.”
 
The cops finally moved out from behind the wreckage of their car. They certainly were surprised at what greeted them—Adonis was out cold, and this kid now not only had the money, but was using a building as a bathroom!
 
The officers charged forward, surrounding the pirate and dropping to their knees, aiming their weapons.
 
“Put your hands in the air!” they commanded.
 
“But if I let go then it'll get all over the place!” Luffy whined.
 
 
 
“Man, this is taking forever.” Beast Boy complained as he wiped water off of a table.
 
Aqualad held out his hand, and the water before him simply slid up his arm, completely under his control. “I don't know,” the aquatic hero laughed, “I think it's easy enough to take care of.”
 
Suddenly, the lights and noises started blaring once again.
 
“The fire alarm again?!” Nami cried, ducking down low.
 
“No.” Robin growled. “This time it really is…TROUBLE!”
 
As Robin dashed towards the computer, followed by the others, Aqualad offered to finish cleaning while they handed it.
 
“We have an entire grocery store wiped out by a single kid.” Robin gasped. “And not it appears that same kid just held up a bank!”
 
“Wow, he must be amazingly strong!” Chopper gasped.
 
“Is he anybody we know?” Cyborg asked.
 
“Yeah…he is.” Robin sighed glumly. “He's a boy wearing shorts, a red vest, and a straw hat.”
 
The others just stared at the console for a few seconds, too stunned for words.
 
“LUFFY!”
 
Next time: The Invitation—Pirates Assist the Law…Just This Once