One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Just My Luck ❯ Don't Get Caught ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece, or the character used in this story, she belongs to Kurenai Yokomodo.

Ch.3 Don't Get Caught



Tara looked out of a hole that was on the side of the barrel and noticed a pan leaning against the wall. She quickly reached her hand out of the top and grabbed it and pulled it into the barrel with her. The footsteps became louder and she then saw a man with blonde hair come into the room. Hey, he looks familar! That's right, he's that guy from the show she had saw before coming to the place. But she had another problem, that guy was coming towards her barrel. This wasn't going to be good. He walked closer and Tara's breathing became faster. Suddenly she heard a noise from above her as the lid came off.

"Kyyyaaa!" Tara screamed as she popped up and swung the pan at the man's head.

He didn't even have time to react to what was happening and fell to the floor in an unconscience heap. Tara just stood there for a minute and looked at him. She couldn't believe she had just done that. She then stepped out of the barrel and over to him, slightly poking him with the pan. He didn't move but she now heard more people coming. Quickly looking around she saw a way to hide and took her place there.

"Sanji? Where is the...? What the?"

"What happened to him?"

"I don't know but something must have hit him."

"Someone must be on the ship with us."

Tara looked down at all of those who were in the room. Yes, she was hidding up in one of the beams so she wouldn't be seem. She counted them and there were four at the moment, but she now knew that there was a least one more somewhere on the ship. She could feel herself start to slip off the narrow beam and tried her hardest to hang on.

"Let's get him up to the..."

A creak was heard and the one that wore the hat looked up to see Tara struggling to stay up on the beam.

"Hey, whatcha doin' up there?" He asked.

Tara squeaked in response and looked strait at him.

"I think she's stuck," said the girl with orange hair.

"Then I'll help her down."

"What?!" Tara called.

She watched as the man in the hat reached up and grabbed her, pulling her down to them. He didn't even need to get a chair or anything. Tara was set down on the floor, she was still clutching to the pan and looked at them with wide eyes.

"What were you doing up there?" Asked the man.

Tara didn't answer, just stood there. She couldn't help it.

"Are you okay?" Asked the girl.

Tara shook her head and blinked a few times.

"Uh yeah, I'm fine. I think."

"What's your name?"

"Uh Tara."

"I'm Nami."

"Hi."

"I'm Luffy, I'm the captain of this ship. And that over there is Sanji. Do you know what happened to him?"

"Oh, I kinda did that, sorry. He scared me and I hit him over the head with this," Tara said as she held up the pan.

"What are you doing on the ship anyway?" Nami asked looking out the doorway. Appearently the others had left to go and do other things.

"That's kind of a long story."

"That's okay, you can still tell us. Come on up to the deck and you can tell us the whole story," Luffy said as he picked up the still unconscience Sanji.

Tara sighed as she followed them. Great, now she needed something to tell them. She could vey well say, hey I'm from the real world and you guys are just cartoons. Oh no, that would be a horrible thing to say to them. They would think that she was crazy. So here she was, sitting at a small table on the deck of a somewhat large ship that was now almost out to sea.

"Who's this?" Asked a man with green hair.

"Oh, this is Tara and she was going to tell us how she got onto the ship. Tara this is Zolo."

Tara waved and looked out over at the water. She really wasn't one for conversating right now. She had already met Usopp, he was interesting enough. He too was sitting at the table.

"Alright, here goes."

To be continued...