One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Just My Luck ❯ I'll Explain Everything ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own One Piece and I don't own the character.

Ch. 4 I'll Explain Everything


It took quite a while to explain everything to them and she hoped that she would be believed. The way she came up with the whole story was a mystery to her and it sounded crazy anyway. But she was in the anime world so crazy things probably would and could happen. But now she was waiting for a response of any kind. The others were thinking about all that she had told them. Yes, she was scared and was afraid that they would find out that she was lying and would kick her off the ship. But now they were nearly out to sea and so being kicked off into the ocean might not happen. But they could always leave her at the next town.

"That's so sad," Nami said after a long silence.

"No one should go through that," Usopp added.

They believed her, it was a good sign and at least she could stay on the ship. Nami stood up and motioned for Tara to follow and she did without much question. Nothing was said as they made their way to where everyone slept. They passed a room and Tara saw Sanji still out cold. Did she really hit him that hard? She would need to apologize to him later. They soon arrived in a room and Tara watched as Nami dug around for something.

"This was all I could find, it should fit," Nami said as she handed Tara some clothes.

"What are these for?"

"You can't walk around here in pajamas now can you?"

"No, I guess not."

"Good, I'll be back in a minute or so."

Nami left and Tara changed. They didn't look bad. She now wore a long sleeved white shirt, black pants, and a pair of sandles. She looked in the mirror and fixed her ponytail before leaving the room. Tara looked down the hallway and didn't see anyone there so she dicided to look around the ship. If she was going to be living here she would need to know her way around. At one end she saw the kitchen and dicided to go there first. Tara passed by a few more rooms, including the one she was found in and entered the kitchen. There she found Luffy sitting on the counter eating.

"Hungry?" He asked as he watched her walk around the room.

"No, just looking around," she replied as she took a seat on a stool.

"Hey, I got an idea!" Luffy suddenly shouted.

"What?"

"Since you don't have a crew anymore, you can join mine!"

"What? No way, I can't join your crew."

"Why not?"

"Because, I was captain of my own crew."

"So?"

"So, if I joined you, I wouldn't be a captain anymore."

"Too late, I've already made up my mind," Luffy said as he jumped off the counter.

"You have?" Tara asked now somewhat confused, how can anyone follow this show?

"That's right. You're going to stay and become a one of my crew."

"I already said no."

"Don't try to talk him out of it," Zolo said from behind. "He won't listen to you. You're stuck here now."

"Great..."

Tara hung her head as Luffy danced around the kitchen. Zolo shook his head and walked away. As she looked up she saw the pan that she had hit Sanji with and got an idea.

"Okay, I'll join your crew but under one condition," Tara said as she walked over to the counter.

"What?" Luffy asked as he stopped dancing.

"I get to keep this," she said as she held up the pan and placed it on her head.

"Okay, welcome to the crew," Luffy said as he shook her hand.

"Well that was interesting," Tara said to herself as she walked down the hallway.

"There you are, I've been looking for you," Nami said as she walked out of a room.

"You have?"

"Yes now come on."

Nami grabbed onto Tara's arm and dragged her down the hall. She let go after a few feet and continued on to where she was going. Up ahead Tara heard noises and wondered what the hell was making them. As she came closer to the noise something popped out in front of her.

"Who are..."

"Kyyyaaa!"

Tara had taken the pan off her head and swung it at what ever had scared her.

"What happened?" Nami asked as she turned around.

"He scared me again," Tara said as she replaced the pan on her head.

There on the floor laid Sanji with a lump on his head. Nami shook her head as she dragged Sanji back into the room. Tara sighed and waited for her to come back.

"You're going to give him brain damage if you keep doing that," Nami said.

"You guys need to put a bell on him or something."

"Right."

They made it up to the deck and Nami showed Tara around and told her about what needed to be done. Tara tried to remember all of what she was saying and got lost soon after the first half.

"So did you get all that? Not that you need to know it, being a former captain and all."

"Yeah, sure, I got it."

It was getting late and dinner was soon served. Since Sanji was still sleeping in his room someone else had to make dinner. But no one was eating, they all just sat and looked at it as if it was going to jump up and attack at any moment.

"What exactly is it?" Tara asked as she poked at her plate lightly.

"It's stew," Luffy answered.

"It is?" Usopp asked as he eyed it more closely, watching as a bubble formed and then popped.

"Yeah."

"I can't eat this," Tara said.

"Why not?"

"Because, it doesn't even look like you can eat it."

"Well if you hadn't knocked out the cook we all wouldn't have to suffer," Nami said.

"I didn't mean to. Like I said before, put a bell on him so I know he's coming."

"Or we should put one on you so he knows you are coming," Zolo said getting up.

"Hey, that's a good idea!" Luffy said.

"Whatever."

No one would eat what ever Luffy said he had made and went to bed hungry, all but Luffy, he ate his plus what the others didn't. Tara was told that she was going to share Nami's room and as of now she was laying in her bed and facing the wall, not wanting to talk.

"I hope tomorrow won't be so crappy."

And with that she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

To be continued...