One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Just My Luck ❯ Bells and Whistles ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or any of it's characters, nor do I own the main character in this story.

( I haven't seen a lot of episodes with Sanji in them, so if he's out of character, please let me know so that I can fix it.)

Ch. 5 Bells and Whistles


The sun was hidden behind clouds as it tried to rise. Nami has said that a storm would hit by mid-afternoon. Evryong went about their daily work, but Tara was still sleep. She was still thinking that it was now Saturday, her day off. Oh no, she forgot that she was on a ship in the middle of the ocean heading to some island she had never heard of. She slowly opened her eyes, coming face to face with a wall. This confused her at first then she remembered where she was and sat up to find someone looking back at her.

"Kyyyaaa!" Tara screamed as she swung her pan again, but this time it was blocked.

"I was told that you would do that," said the stanger.

"Oh, it's you. Sorry about that, I don't like it when people pop up out of nowhere," she said placing the pan on her head as she stood up.

"I noticed. My name is Sanji, I'm the cook on this ship," Sanji said as he held out his hand.

"Oh, I'm Tara. Sorry about hittin' you. You need to tell people when you are coming," she replied as she shook his hand.

"I will try to do that," he said as he pulled her hand closer to him.

"I'm sure that you will," Tara said darkly as she yanked her hand from his grasp. "I'm going to go get something to eat now. I'll see you around."

"That what I came for. To tell you that breakfast is ready."

"Oh, well thannk you."

"My pleasure."

Tara winced at the tone of voice he used and left the room, heading towards the kitchen. As she entered everyone looked at her and Sanji, who surprisingly was still awake.

"I hope you know that we all have things to do around here instead of sleep," Nami said as Tara sat down next to her, followed by Sanji.

"I know," Tara replied as she took a plate.

"You're not captain anymore so you can help us out from now on."

"Don't think that I don't know that okay? I'm not use to getting up so damn early on a Saturday to do work. So don't you even get bossy with me damn it!" Tara said as she pointed at Nami.

Everyone was quiet. No one ever yelled at Nami, ever. SHe was a ticking time bomb sometimes and she always had the upper hand. She sat there shocked, she couldn't believe it. All she did was nod and continue eating. Then all eyes fell on Tara who was getting angry.

"You know you're going to hell for that right?" Usopp said quietly so that only Tara could hear.

"I am?"

"I'll tell you later so that I don't get into trouble."

Tara nodded and now thought about what she had just done. She had just yelled at one of the people that had helped her out. Great, what a way to make a first impression. First she sneaks onto their ship, lies to them about why she did it, knocked out their cook twice, fought with the captain about joining the crew, and now yelled at the navigator about not getting up on time. Oh yeah, she was making friends all right. She neded to learn to get along and not fight with everyone if she was going to stay. After breakfast everyone left to do whatever it was that thet did. Usopp stayed behind to tell Tara what he ment while Sanji finished up.

"All I can say is what a bold move," Usopp said as he sat back down.

"What did you mean by I'm going to hell?" Tara asked.

"No one ever yells at Nami. She unpredictable."

"Oh, great, I just had to piss her off."

"But that's the thing. She didn't yell back after you did. I don't think you made her mad, you might have just out yelled her."

"I did?"

"Maybe, but she night be planning a way to get you back for it."

"Great."

The conversation did not go well at all. Tara now found herself on the deck of the ship standing behind a pile of creates, trying to hide from everyone. She had done what she could remember of what Nami had told her yesterday. It wasn't easy and she had gotten tired quickly. It would take sometime for her to get use to it. She looked out to the ocean, she missed being home. She wondered if her mother was freaking out or if her friends knew she was missing, or even if her teachers cared. She wondered why she was brought here and how the hell she was going to get back home. Tara was deep in thought and didn't notice someone walk up behind her. Then all of a sudden she felt something go around her neck.

"Kyyaa!"

"That won't hurt me."

"Luffy? What the hell are you doing? You should know not to sneak up on me like that," Tara said as she lowered the pan.

"I'm not scared of a little pan."

"What the hell is this?" Tara asked as she noticed what was around her neck.

"I told you I would put a bell on you. Now we all will know when you are coming," Luffy said with a laugh.

"I ment for you to put one on Sanji, not me. I don't need one."

"Oh well, see you later."

Tara just stood there in confusion. She looked down at the bell. It was big and silver with a thin rope as the string. Great, now she had this to deal with. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, at least she liked the sound it made.

"There you are, what are you doing over here?" Zolo asked as he appeared out of nowhere.

"Nothing, just looking at the water. Why, am I needed?" Tara asked as she turned around.

"Yeah Nami needs you to... is that a bell around your neck?"

"Yes, it is and I have no idea why I have it. It was all Luffy's idea."

"That would make more sense. Anyway, Nami needs you to help her with something."

"Alright."

Tara followed him to where Nami was and she was set to work. This time she was helping with her map making, holding things and reading off numbers and what not. How boring, why did she need to do this? Oh yeah, because if she didn't she would be kicked off.

"Hello ladies, how are we doing?" Sanji said as he appeared with a plate of cookies.

Neither girl spoke, just consentrated on the task at hand.

"Hey Sanji, can I have one?" Luffy asked, rather loudly.

"No, you've already ate the last batch I made. These aren't for you."

"But I'm hungry, make me something to eat."

"Make it your own self."

Tara eyed them for a moment and listened to them fight. Man, Luffy was annying. Couldn't he tone it down a little? He acted like a little kid. And frankly, his yelling was making her right ear hurt.

"Hey, could you keep it down just a little? I only have one ear left, and I would like to keep it," Tara said as she picked up another paper.

"Sorry!" Luffy yelled again.

"Would you like a cookie?" Sanji asked as he set down the plate.

"Thank you," Nami said as she took one.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry. You can give mine to who ever wants it," Tara said.

"I do!"

"Fine, here."

Yes, this was very entertaining and might be a fun time after all.

To be continued...