One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Just My Luck ❯ Caught for the Fight Part 1 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or its characters. Tara belongs to Kurenai Yokomodo and Captain Darbley belongs to Thomas Dorvin.

Ch. 9 Caught for the Fight Part 1


The two were pushed closer to where the captain sat. He eyed them carefully and studied them, as in turn Sanji and Tara studied him. The man in front of them wore black pants and shoes with matching trench coat and hat, under the coat, a dark blue shirt. He looked to be about 5' 8" or 5' 9" and around 25 or 26. And he didn't look like a nice sort of character either. What Captian Darbley saw in front of him was a tall blonde man with nearly the same outfit. He looked to be a little older than the girl next to him who was a little shorter. She too had blonde hair that was in a high ponytail that was hidden underneith a silver pan. She wore a long sleeved white shirt and black pants along with sandels.

"So tell me boy, why did you steal my treasure?" Darbley asked as he turned his attention to Sanji.

"Um sir, the girl was the one who stole the treasure," said the second man.

"Is that so? Well, I'm somewhat impressed. A little girl like yourself taking on two of my men at the sametime and getting away with what's mine, why that's quite an accomplishment."

"I think so, since your men can't fight worth shit. I knocked them out in two minutes flat," Tara said as she struggled in her bindings.

"Really? Tell me then, why did you take my treasure?"

"It's not yours anymore, it belongs to my crew and I took it because I felt like it."

"Well, you are a spunky one aren't you? I like you, I like you a lot. So, you are the captain then?"

"Well, no, I'm not."

"Then you must be."

"No," Sanji said.

"Then where is your captain?" Darbley asked, getting angry due to the lack of answeres he was receiving.

"Why the hell should I tell you?" Tara said as she got one of her hands free.

Now he was mad. He just sat there staring at them and as he did, the air around them became thick and humid.

"Take them away, I'll deal with them later."

By this time Tara had untied her hands and had a plan on how to get away. As she was grabbed by the arm she stabbed the man in the leg and then another one in the arm. In the process she cut Sanji's ropes and he began to fight off the men that threatened to harm them. Darbley watched as the air became thicker and thicker. Soon no one could see through the thick fog that seemed to appear out of nowhere. Then all of a sudden Tara felt a sharp pain in her side as she was pulled in an unknown direction.

"Help...!" Tara called but the rest was muffled.

Sanji looked around him but couldn't see anyone or anything.

"If you want her back you'll tell your captain to bring my treasure. If he doesn't, I'll make the wound worse than it is."

And with that he was gone. The fog disappeared and Sanji found himself alone.

"What?!" Everyone said at the same time.

"That's what he said. He said he wounded her and he'd make it worse if you don't do what he says," Sanji said.

"Alright then, we'll give him back what he wants," Luffy said as stood up.

No one questioned him and got everything ready. He sounded serious and something else was heard in his tone when he spoke. Tara on the other hand was in a lot of pain. Her side was bleeding from a large gash and she couldn't figure out what had done that to her. She now laid on the floor of the ship at the feet of the man who now held her against her will. But something caught her attention. On the table sat a much smaller chest and it was what was in that chest that kept her from falling asleep.

"So is he coming?" Darbley asked as he kicked her in the leg.

"Oh he'll come and when he does him and the rest of my friends will kick you're sorry ass!"

"Oh I don't think so. I'll see him, but he won't see me. And I'll do him in and get my treasure back, and I'll keep you as a door prize," he said with a laugh.

Tara got angry at what he had said and pulled out a fork and aimed for his foot but screamed out instead. The stick at Darbley's side was now sticking out of her hand. It seemed that it was really a sword in hidding.

"Now that wasn't very nice, was it? If you think that you're going to attack me and get away with it, you are sadly mistaken."

The sword was taken out and Tara pulled her hand away, she could see that it had gone all the way through her hand. She couldn't help it anymore and started to cry. She hoped that the others would show up soon so that they could teach him a lesson. Those around her laughed, this wasn't the way things were suppose to go. She didn't think that things like this happened in a show like this. But she was proven wrong. Outside the others arrived and a man led them to where Darbley was.

"Sir, there are some people here to see you," said the man.

"Ah yes, it looks like your friends are here to save you. Let's go greet them shall we?"

Tara was pulled to her feet and nearly dragged outside.

"We brought what you wanted now give her back," Luffy called as he set down the treasure chest.

"That it? Five people? You're kidding me right? There are only five people on your crew? So which one of you is the captain?" Darbley asked as he pushed Tara to the ground.

"I am," Luffy growled out, which cause everyone jump.

"Well then bring my treasure to me and I'll give you this thing," he said as he kicked her again.

As Luffy carried the chest the air became thick again and soon only Luffy, Darbley and Tara were left in sight.

"Here now give her back," Luffy said again as he set it down.

"Now hold on a minute, I'll see wheather she goes with you or stays with me."

Darbley walked over to the chest and opened it. As he was doing this Tara tried her best to get away but found that it wouldn't do her any good, she soon found herself face to face with a sword.

"Do you take me for a fool?"

"He did what you asked," Tara said.

"No, he brought me an empty chest. Where is my treasure?!"

"Gomu Gomu No...!"

"I don't think so," Darbley called as he caught Luffy's arm.

"So, you ate one too, didn't you?"

"Ate what?" Tara asked.

"Yeah, what did you eat?"

"Let me show you," he said with a smirk.

The air around them got thick and it made it impossible to see.

"Hey, where'd you go?" Luffy called out.

"You see, I ate the fruit called the Mist Mist. It gives me the ability to create a fog as thick or as thin as I wish. Now, let's see how well you do against it."

To be contiued...