One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Just My Luck ❯ Caught for the Fight Part 2 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or its characters. Tara belongs to Kurenai Yokomodo and Captain Darbley belongs to Thomas Dorvin.

Ch. 10 Caught for the Fight Part 2


Darbley released Luffy's arm and waited. He knew that he wouldn't be seen in the thick fog around them but he could see them. Tara was on the ground about two feet away, she wasn't a threat anymore due to her injuries. As Luffy was busy trying to find him, Darbley took the time to go behind him and hit him in the back of the head, knocking him to the ground.

"Attacking from behind is cowardly!" Luffy called out.

"I don't think so," Darbley said as he picked him up by his collar.

Suddenly someone else joined in the center but missed when Darbley moved to the side. It seemed that Zolo had tore himself away from the other fight to help them out. But he had missed due to the lack of visibility.

"Where are you?!" He called out.

"I expected more from you. I wonder how one little girl can take out two men at once, but her captain can't handle battling by himself. Why is that?" Darbley said as he dropped Luffy and went over to Zolo who was just standing in his spot listening.

As he got closer Zolo swung a sword, catching part of his trench coat.

"Maybe because it was a fair fight in more ways than one. Let me guess, you can see through the fog, since it is your own right?"

"Ah, I guess you guessed correct."

As they were talking Tara was trying to get out of the fog, Luffy was trying to find Darbley, and Zolo tried to keep him in one place. But it was no use, he saw through everything they tried. Tara heard everything that was going on and got an idea, only if her hand didn't have a hole through it. Zolo stayed close and was the only one who seemed to find him with no problem. But with every swing of his swords Darbley heard he could see where he was going to go next before it even happened. Luffy was right next to him and took a swing, missing but knocking his hat off. But what happened next was pure luck, Tara had placed a pot out in front of her and Darbley stepped into it and fell onto the ground. Once she saw this she stuck a fork in his upper leg and he cried out pulling off the cover of his stick and swinging it only for it to be blocked by Zolo. Now a sword fight broke out and for some reason the fog around them began to disappear little by little. But as soon as they could see Darbley was gone.

"You're fast, but not fast enough," he said as he swung his sword, leaving a large wound on Zolo's back.

"Gomu Gomu No Pistol!"

Darbley wasn't fast enough to doge Luffy's attack and was hit in the face. Soon the other joined in and so did the fog, but this time it was thicker than before. Darbley now had a slight problem, he had a fork stuck in his leg and he couldn't pull it out. Then he heard something wiz past his head and caught sight of a spoon. The fight continued and with every passing minute they group was closing in on him. All of his men were beaten and they couldn't help him now, if he could only get that damn fork out. Now with everyone constantly attacking he defended but was struck in the head by Nami. While that was going on Tara was found many feet away.

"Are you alright?" Usopp asked as he picked her up.

"Yeah, I have a cut in my side and a hole through my hand. I'm just fine," Tara said.

"I'll get you out of here."

Making their way out of the fog Usopp sat her on a crate and said that he would be back in a few minutes. Tara nodded and laid her head down. Soon she saw Zolo stumbling over to her, sitting down next to the crate.

"Did you get him?" Tara asked.

"A couple of times. But I don't know about the rest of them..

"I'll be back, stay here."

"Where are you going?"

"To help them."

Tara ran into the fog listening to the shouts of the others and ran right into Darbley. He grabbed her and placed his sword to her neck and withdrew the fog once again.

"One more step from any of you and I'll kill her," he said.

Everyone stood still not wanting to make things worse. It was then that they saw the injuries on her. They too had their share of wounds and it would take a lot to heal them.

"What do you want?" Nami asked.

"All I wanted was my treasure, but you didn't want to give it back. So I'll take her instead, I believe she makes a fair trade don't you think?" He asked as he tightened his grip on her.

But then everyone was caught off gaurd by a roar of thunder and Tara took her chance to escape, Darbley followed her but Luffy stepped in. Tara ran around them as Darbley swung his sword at Lufft nearly connecting with his neck, but it was stopped in midair.

"Don't you dare touch him..." Tara said as Darbley fell to the ground. "Do you hear me now asshole?"

They all stood there in shock. There Tara stood with her hand in the air, Darbley on the ground unmoving and a large pair of tongs sticking out of his skull. They couldn't believe it, it was over and they had won. Tara walked past everyone and into the cabin. She picked up the small chest and walked out, motioning for everyone else to follow. No one spoke as they returned to the inn. Once there they cleaned their wounds and went out to eat, like nothing ever happened. But one question still remained.

"What's in the chest you took from them?" Nami asked.

"I'm not telling, you don't need to know," Tara said as she took her plate from the waitress.

"Why not?"

"Because you don't."

No one pushed the issue and ate quietly. The next day the skies were clear and they were getting ready to leave. As the ship left the dock Tara sat in the crow's nest with two new items. One was the cheast she took from the cabin and the other was the stick the now dead captain carried. Now it was off to the chain of islands and the festival they were having in a few days.

To be continued...