One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Just My Luck ❯ Tight Rope Trouble ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own One Piece or its characters, Tara belongs to Kurenai Yokomodo.

Ch. 11 Tight Rope Trouble


Yes, the festival did sound like a good idea, and after the situation they had been in they needed something to take their mind off of things for a while. They were about two days away from arriving on the islands and as of now they were working on fixing their injuries. Nami, Usopp, Sanji, and Luffy were back to themselves in no time, but it was Tara and Zolo that had the most problems. Zolo would have a scar where his injury was and that was healing fast. But Tara would probably never be able to use her hand again. Her side was getting better but, her hand would take some time. But things were changing, it had been oddly silent on the ship since they had left the island. Not that they didn't talk, there was just no familar yelling and annoying questions anymore. Luffy had been spending a lot of time in his room, by himself. For some reason he couldn't bring himself to leave his room, even for food. Something was bothering him and he couldn't figure it out.

"Lunch is ready," Sanji said as he knocked on the door.

"I'm not hungry," Luffy said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, what the hell is worng with you?!" Sanji called loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Nothing."

"You've been sitting in this room for three days now and you haven't eaten anything. Something is wrong because you never turn down food. Now what's going on?"

"I told you nothing now leave me alone!" Luffy said as he streached his arm and pushed Sanji out of the room and shut the door.

Sanji was somewhat shocked and looked over at everyone else who too were confused. They all just decided to leave him alone and went to eat lunch.

"What do you think is wrong with him?" Nami asked.

"I don't know but whatever it is we need to find out before something bad happens," Sanji said.

"Could it be because of what he ate?" Tara asked trying to keep her bowl in one place.

"What do you mean?"

"That fruit he said he ate, you know."

"Oh that, no I don't think so," Nami said.

"Okay."

Even though Tara didn't know the whole story behind how Luffy had got the way he did she had an idea from when she listened to the weird kids talk about it. Oh what she would give to see the looks on their faces if they saw where she was right now. But then her thinking took a turn for the worse and she didn't want to eat anymore, not that she was getting anywhere with one hand anyway. She stood up and went to her room instead of the crow's nest. She took the chest from its hidding place and opened it and took out what was inside. Maybe Luffy was upset that he was the only one with that problem. But it was a little late to know why. As night fell she found herself back in the crow's nest staring this time not at the ocean, but at the rope that ran all over the ship. Maybe she would give it a try, it's not like she would get hurt or anything. Now that she made up her mind Tara started to climb up the pole, with a lot of trouble from her hand, and attempted to balance herself on the rope that hung between that one and another one.

"As long as I don't look down, I'll be okay," she said to herself as she started to walk across the rope.

Below her someone was watching as she did this. Her balance wasn't going well as she made it to the middle of the rope and she started to fall, getting her leg caught in the rope. Now she was hanging upside down over a hole and she didn't look too happy about it. She then heard laughing off to the side of her.

"What the hell are you laughing at?" She asked.

"You, what are you doing up there?"

"What does it look like I'm doing up here? And why are you asking questions? Have you decided to join the rest of the living?" Tara said as the wind made her swing a little.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Well, we haven't seen you for about three days. We were getting worried."

"I'm fine. How'd you get up there with your hand like that?"

"I climbed."

"You know that all your blood is going to go to your head."

"I know, I'd like to get down but I'm kinda stuck," Tara said as she waved her good hand in the air.

"I see that."

"I know you do."

"Need some help?"

"No, I'm fine," Tara said as she tried to untie herself from the rope but found it to be just more work for her hand. "Okay, this is pissing me off now."

"Are you sure you don't need help?"

"I'm sure."

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning then."

"Hey wait, no come back! My good hand is stuck!"

"You said you didn't need help."

"Okay okay, I need help now get back here and help me!" Tara called.

"Is that how you ask?"

"Fine, please?!"

"That's better."

Luffy walked over and reached up and untied her from the rope and put her back down in the ground. He then turned around and began to walk away.

"Thanks," Tara said as she headed towards the crow's nest.

"You're welcome."

"Hey, why do you stay in your room all the time? If you don't mind me asking?"

"I... uh... don't feel very good."

"Oh, well I hope you get better soon."

Luffy stopped where he stood and turned to look at her and caught sight of a faint smile. Tara turned to walk back to the nest so that she could get to sleep but didn't even get two feet away from where she stopped the first time. Before she knew it she was spun around and pulled to her toes. Then without warning he crashed his lips onto hers in a rough kiss that lasted only a few seconds. He then let her go and ran back to his room, leaving her in a very confused state.

"I know that was a bad idea," Luffy said to himself as he closed the door behind him

"Whoa..." Tara whispered as she could only stand there, trying to get over the shock.

Once she finally did she went to the nest and sat inside for a while before falling asleep. In the morning things seemed a little better. Luffy acually came out of his room and seemed to be his old self again, that was until Tara entered the kitchen. Suddenly he became quiet and averted his gaze from her, and she did the same. No one paid attention to this and both were glad in their own right.

"We should be arriving the day after tomorrow," Nami said looking over her map.

"Finally," Usopp called as he stuggled with his toast.

"Do you need help with that?" Tara asked as she sat down next to him.

"No, I got it, damn thing."

"Okay, so what kind of festival is this?"

"I don't know but I guess we'll find out when we get there."

So now everyone had something to think about, they were all looking foward to the festival and hoped to forget about life for a little while at least.

To be continued...