One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Just My Luck ❯ Festival Faults ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or its characters. Tara belongs to Kurenai Yokomodo.

Ch. 12 Festival Faults


Finally, the wait that seemed to last forever ended when the crew arrived on the chain of islands. All cheered as they seen them in the distance as well as some big and bright decorations. With excitement renewed they docked and headed towards town, they couldn't wait to get started. Tara stayed behind and took in everything. It reminded her of home and the carnivals she used to go to when she was there. Now she didn't feel like going at all and turned back onto the ship. She went to her room and laid in her bed. On the island everyone was having a great time.

"Oh look! Let's go play that!" Nami called as she caught sight of a game.

She pulled the group over and they played the game.

"Hey, where's Tara?" Usopp asked as he was the first to notice her absence.

No one had seemed to have seen her since they left the ship. But they didn't think much of it, she was probably off somewhere playing a game or something. They went on with whatever they were doing. As the night wore on they became tired and looked for a hotel to stay at, finding one in the outskirts. They checked in and went to their rooms, not realizing that Tara was not with them. They fell asleep, well, almost everyone. Luffy couldn't sleep due to the fact that something wasn't right, then he remembered what was missing. Tara stared at the wall of her room, thinking of all that had happened to her, and also what happened a few nights ago. Although she was never a social person back home she had learned how to be more presistant in her ways and how to get along with complete strangers, and also how to kick some ass. She didn't notice her bed move or anything like that.

"What are you doing here? Why aren't you out having fun?"

"Luffy? What are you doing here?" Tara asked as she turned over to face him.

"You weren't aournd so I thought I'd come and find you. Why did you stay here?" He asked snaking his arms around her waist.

"I just don't feel like going out there... it's too much like home..." Tara said, the last part in a whisper. "I just want to stay here for to night."

"That's fine. In the morning you'll come out with me and we'll get the others and go have some fun okay?"

"You're going to stay here?"

"Why not? You shouldn't be by yourself," he replied as he laid his head closer to hers.

"I'll see you in the morning then," Tara said as she closed her eyes to go to sleep.

"Sure thing."

Tara fell asleep a little while later, Luffy was still awake. He stood up and fixed his hat then picked Tara up and carried her off the ship and onto town. He made his way into the hotel and to his room and placed her in the bed and then sat down in the chair beside it. He felt better now that he knew where she was, he then fell asleep in the chair. In the morning Tara woke to find herself not in her room but in a different one.

"Luffy?"

"You're up, good. Come on, breakfast is waiting," Luffy called as he grabbed Tara's arm and pulled her out of the room.

"Where are we going? And can you let go of me?" Tara said as she put her foot down.

"Sorry, everyone is waiting."

Tara was let go of and they made their way to the diner where everyone was waiting.

"Where were you yesterday?" Nami asked as Tara sat down.

"I didn't feel like it."

They excepted her excuse and the meal went on as always, it ended with a fight over the last pancake between Tara and Luffy, but Tara won. After breakfast they went out and as they played games and watched plays and what not an odd feeling had washed over Tara and she knew something just wasn't right. Night fell and they were still out, but Tara retired early and Luffy followed suit.

"You should go back out there, don't stay just because I'm tired," she said as she sat down on the bed.

"No, it's okay."

"Whatever."

It wouldn't do any good to fight with him and so she just went to bed, but she still felt odd about her surroundings. Later in the night Tara woke to find that same blue mist that had brought her here the first time around.

"No, please no," she said quietly.

She looked over at Luffy who was aleep in the chair next to her and smiled. She knew she had to go, she didn't belong here and so, she had to tell them everything she had lied about. It was time to go home. Morning came and Luffy woke to find himself alone. He looked to see a few pieces of paper, a pan, and a familar object. He looked at it confused for a moment before he picked it up and read through the papers, then he screamed. Everyone came running in to find him on the floor, papers on the floor around him and Tara pan and the bell he gave her in his hands.

"Find her... bring her back... now..."

End of story.... Sequel to come...