One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Ocean's Envy ❯ An Angry Bandit And Two New Friends ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"What did you see, Ariel?" Sky asked in a calm, yet friendly way to his little buddy.
"I SAW A PIRATE SHIP DOCK AND IT LOOKED SOOOO COOL! THERE WAS A SHEEPS HEAD FOR THE BOW-THINGY AND THE DESIGN ON THE FLAG WAS SOOOO AWESOME!" she shouted from the doorway.
"Really? Now you don't see that everyday." Skyler replied, enjoying the excitement that she could bring to an utterly awkward moment.
"Ariel, is that you making all that noise?" her father's voice shouted from the back, appearing to be done with cooking the meat that Luffy ordered.
"Yes Daddy, I'm here!" she called back, without a care in the world.
"Good, than carry this food out to table two and don't drop it." He shouted again from the back. Ariel rushed back to the kitchen to help carry out the food, but struggled at the doorway, where she had a dilemma. The plate in which she was holding was as big as she was and it wouldn't go a certain way through the door but she was holding it so that was the only way she could put it. Before anyone could blink or say some helpful hints in moving the food, Skyler had lifted the food from her grasp and carried it past the doorway.
"Are you ok, miss Ariel?" he asked, noticing some red marks left by the plate on her arms.
"I'm fine." she pouted, not happy with the fact that she needed help.
"You know, it's alright if you have to ask for help sometimes." Sky responded, throwing the plate at the table, which landed perfectly in the center without hitting anybody. "Now come on, if we stay behind the bar any longer your dad'll yell at us." So he and Ariel quickly jumped over the bar and onto the stools before anyone could get in trouble. Although, it didn't stop Sky from taking a small bottle of rum that appealed to him.
 
Ariel noticed, but as she opened her mouth to say something, Sky put a finger to her mouth. "Shh, it'll be our secret, ok?" Grinning mischievously, Ariel nodded her head, as her dad took the orders of the rest of the people at the table. "So Ariel, you never told me what your life's ambition is." Sky mentioned to his friend.
"Well..." she started, "I don't know yet, but I'm gonna be better than you at it!" Skyler chuckled at this comment and patted her on the head.
"Well, I hope you suceed in that. Oh, and would you mind going over and turning on the music box please?" At the sound of this Ariel's eyes started to sparkle with joy.
"Sure!" she exclaimed, skipping happily to the corner of the bar, where the three-foot large music machine lay. She pressed some button's and Skyler's sister's rendition of certain songs began to play. Ariel just sat there, swaying along to the music, and Sky could tell that the guy named Luffy and the long-nosed guy started to sway as well. Suddenly, a bandit slammed open the pub door.
"Hey Bartender! Give Me Some Rum! Now!"
 
 
 
 
"P-Pardon?" Alastair studdered out.
"Alright!" Momo shouted. "I always wanted to go on an adventure!"
"That's impossible." Star interrupted, "Even if you wanted to, you have to get permission from your parents and secondly, I have to take care of both you and your family. And-"
"Cut the crap Star, you know you want to..." Momo nudged her friend in a playful manner. "I might even find my real mom and not have to live with these geezers who get money every year from her to take care of me." She pouted her lips and made her eyes water as she talked to her friend.
 
Star hung his head limply in defeat, knowing that he had no defenses against this. "Fine, but you're telling them." You had been listening to their small argument, and couldn't hold the exitement of two new people joining your crew.
"WOOHOO!" you shouted, "More People To Party with and Have Adventures with!"
"But," Momo said loud enough for you to hear while cheering, "Once I find my mom, I would like, if possible, to maybe stay with her. If it's too much to ask-"
"That's perfectly fine on one condition!" Both Momo and Star looked up at your serious face and stared in slight confusion. "You must write to me at least once every two weeks and if I don't get a letter I will hunt you down and prank you. Badly."
 
Changing her expression suddenly was an easy task as Momo and Star were about to find out. "So..." Emma began, "I can't go anywhere until my friend comes back so do you want to have a tour?" Momo's eyes sparkled with exitement for the thrill of going on a ship, and Star sweatdropped at his friend's immaturity.
Once upon the ship, both Momo and Star were shocked to see that the huge galleon was completely empty, except for themselves and their new friend. "Yeah," Emma said in response to their shocked faces, "It's kinda boring looking, but I plan to doodle on the edges of the ship to make it look cooler." Although this wasn't a reason for Momo and Alastair's gawking, they just nodded their heads slowly taking in what would be their home for a long time.
"Uh, Captain-san," Star said slowly, not knowing if she was listening, "How many people are on this crew?" Emma's face lit up as he asked the question.
"Well," she wrapped her arms around the shoulders of her two new crewmates, "Including us, there's four!"
"What?!" Momo turned around to face her captain. "You have been sailing on a galleon with only one other person aboard and it's in perfect condition?! SO COOL!!!!!!"
"Yeah, and I'm thinking about putting some amps over there on the mast and some speakers on the corners of the exterior, close enough so they won't fall off, and far away enough so the whole ship, on the outside of course, I doubt someone sleeping would want to hear it, hear it." Emma explained in more detail. Star, still trying to let the information soak in, just stood there and slowly nodded his head. Emma noticed something out of the corner of her eye and moved her head towards the town. "I think I see our other crewmate now." Both Momo and Alastair were very interested in who their other crewmate was so they also turned their heads in the general direction of the town. Emma rushed over to the side of the ship and leaned forward, just far enough so that her feet were barely touching the deck. Looking hard to where she thought her friend was, Emma's face lit up. "HEY WENSEL!" she shouted outrageously loud, "WE HAVE TWO NEW CREWMATES!"
Wensel, carrying a whole crate of supplies either needed or wanted at the time of shopping, looked up at her friend who was making a racket and noticed that some people were with her. A smirk grew on Wensel's face as she knew that these people weren't the type to be a spy judging on how they were responding to her captain's 'odd' behaivior. The two noticed Wensel as she responded to Emma's shouting with a nod of her head and then suddenly seeming to dissapear.
"Good afternoon," Wensel said politely to the two that were leaning on the railing and who now had a nice view of her knees.
"AH!" they shouted simultaneously while falling backwards. Wensel sweatdropped, not knowing what to say.
"Hey Wensel! Did You Get The Paint For Me?!?!?!" Wensel sighed at her captain's impatience and threw her the crate of supplies.
"Yeah, I got it, pretty cheap too, if you ask me." she replied. "And you guys must be the new people to which Emma just shouted about at a level to which I think the dead heard her, what do you think?"
Regaining their posture, Star and Momo exchanged a wary glance at each other.
"I can be louder"
"She can be louder" they both said at the same time. "And you wouldn't like to hear that."
"Well, I'm Wensel," she said ignoring their comment "and I believe you know Emma by now."
"Yes we have, and I'm Alastair, but you can call me Star, and I'm a doctor for M-" He was cut short though from a whack on the head.
"I can introduce myself thank-you-very-much. I'm Momo and I'm a navigator!"
"It's a pleasure meeting you both but right now I'd like to get some shut-eye." And with that, Wensel walked over to the wall, sat down, and fell asleep almost instantaneously.
"That was...interesting." Star said for a lack of a better word.
"She's cool." Momo said as a matter-of-factly. Giving her a funny look, Star tried to focus on what she would find 'cool' about Wensel. ~Oh Well,~ he thought, ~Whatever floats her boat.~