One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Ocean's Envy ❯ Boredom On The Ship And A Lonely Bar ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You awoke to nothing really, as you sat up from the bow. "That was a nice nap." you said to yourself.
"You fell asleep too?" you heard Wensel say.
"Yup. And I don't kn-"
"We're about to dock so we might as well get up." she stated, interrupting you.
"Ok!" you shouted, as you began to steady the ship for docking.
 


Across the island that you were about to dock on, a teenage girl looked out the window of her mansion to see the most beautiful ship she had ever seen. The girl stood up gently and moved some of her silver-ish hair out of her face. As she walked to the door, a boy around the same age strided in. They were only a foot away from each other.

"Miss, what are you planning to do today?" he asked, knowing that whenever she was near the door it meant she wanted to go outside.
"It's very simple really." she chided, "I'm planning on going to the docks and looking at a ship that just came in." He sighed as she said this.
"Momo, you know you're not supposed to go outside unless you have an escort."
"Exactly," she responded, "That's why you're coming with me, Alastair." Pulling his arm, she exited her room and strided down the hallway. Her red eyes shined with delight as she raced down the steps, dragging Alastair with her. "Hey Drake!" she shouted to the head butler, "I'm going out to the market and I'm taking Alastair with me."
"So in other words," Drake responded, "You're going to the docks and dragging him with you."
"How'd you guess?" Alastair asked, obviously scarcastic.
"Easy, really. Her mother was obsessed with the ocean also. The only reason she's so rich now is because she didn't go."
"Yes," Momo cut in, "And also the reason why she's miserable half the time. Now let's go!" she pulled Alastair's arm as she bolted out of the mansion and into the streets of town.
Many people spotted her and greeted 'hello' or things like that, while others just smiled in her direction.
"Momo, could you please let go of my arm now?" Alastair asked. Noticing that she still had a firm hold on him, she blushed and quickly let go.
"Sorry, Star. Now let's go already!" Momo whined.
"Alright, alright, just stop whining."
"Ok!" she shouted, making Alastair cringe. "Oops, sorry Star. I think I yelled in your ear." they ran to the docks only to see an empty ship. "That's odd," Momo pondered aloud, "Normally a ship would leave a person on their ship while in town."

You were laying on the deck of the ship, not happy at all. You weren't happy at the fact that you already took a nap today, with your body refusing to go back to sleep, and not happy about the fact that you lost the game of rock-paper-scissors with Wensel to see who would get to go out and shop for supplies and who would stay on the ship. For some unknown reason, you had the urge to use your powers to amuse yourself Why not? you thought It's not like I have anything else better to do.
 
Focusing a small amount of energy to your eyes, you saw the world around you, without even moving your head. You saw the marketplace, bustling with life and Wensel, who was buying some food for the ship. You also saw what appeared to be a couple running to the dock. Gazing around town, you didn't pay much attention to the two until you heard the girl talk.
"Normally a ship would leave a person on their ship while in town." You shot up, quickly turning the effect with your eyes off, and shouted back to the person.
"Hello, I'm a person. But that's not my name!" Noticing the look of shock on the girl's face, you sat down and leaned on the bow, facing the two.
"What are you doing?" she asked you.
"Hm?" What am I doing "I believe I am leaning against the bow of my ship."
"Aren't you scared of falling off into the water?" she asked.
"Then I would have to ask if you don't care what happens to me, which is no, because you're asking me these questions." You replied in a sing-song voice. "So what's your story?"
The boy's eyes flashed with suspicion. "She does not have the responsibility to answer your questions, pirate." The girl, obviously not believing the guy's harsh tone, smacked him upside the head.
"Alistair, stop being a boob." Not controlling the urge, you giggled out loud. "And second, you're not in control of me." She turned to you with a smile. "I'm Momo, and I was found on this island when I was really little by a nice couple."
"No offence, but that doesn't explain anything." You responded.
"Yes it does!" Momo exclaimed, "I was in a wooden cradle in the shape of a ship and I really like the ocean and can I take a look at your ship, please?" Her eyes seemed to grow twice their size and looked like they were about to tear.
"Umm, ok, and no."
"Aww..." she said, sounding really depressed. Momo then turned around and began her way back to town very slowly. Well, she practically was going a foot a minute, so it wasn't that hard to tell she wasn't happy.
"I'm terribly sorry for her quirks, she just doesn't seem to be able to control herself at times." The boy, who you now knew as Alistair, spoke.
"It's ok," you replied, "It doesn't bother me one it. In fact, I find her behavior normal for a person." Alistair stared in shock at what you just said. "If you don't mind me asking," you began, "What is her occupation exactly?"
"She's a navigator," Alistair responded, "Her adoptive parents took her on many cruises and she had a knack for mapping out everywhere they went perfectly."
Your eyes sparkled as he said this. "Cool. And what can you do?"
"I'm her family's doctor." he said.
"You look a little young to be a doctor." you retorted.
"Well I'm sorry if you think that but I'm actually very smart. And I don't think I caught your name."
"Oh!" you shouted aloud, "I thought I forgot something! My name's Emma and I'm going to be the Music Kisaki!"
Momo's eyes lit up brightly as she turned to face you. "Really?! That's so awesome!"
 
You nodded your head proudly. "Yup! And I'm asking you two to help me get there! In other words, join my crew!"
 
 
 
 
Returning from the Johnson's, Skyler entered the pub and took a seat at the bar. The bartender, also known as Ariel's dad, looked at Sky in question.
"You're not usually here early." he stated, "Normally my daughter is following you like a duckling to it's mother." Skyler sighed as he laid his head on the table.
"Yes, I know." Sky began, "I just don't want her to end up like me when she grows up. Can I have a water too please?" Skyler asked. Ariel's dad nodded his head and served Sky a glass of water. "Thanks. Also, if I end up being a pirate, she might want to follow in my footsteps and that might not be what she would really want in this world." Ariel's dad shook his head, thinking of how Skyler could care so much about a person whom he met less than a month ago.
"Skyler, let me tell you something. My daughter, though she may be young, knows exactly what she gets herself into. She's a bright young lady and I wouldn't mind at all if you are her role model."
"Maybe," Skyler agreed a little, "But there's a pro-"
"FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!" A person's voice shouted, making Sky wince at the unexpected noise. A boy around Sky's age ran into the pub and sat at a random table. He was wearing a red vest and jean shorts that looked cuffed at the knees. The boy had raven colored hair with a straw-hat atop his head. Grinning a silly grin that Skyler thought only his sister could do, he pounded his hands on the table and shouted at Ariel's dad.
"Hey Mister! Get me one of everything you got!" Both Skyler and Ariel's dad sweatdropped as Sky pointed at the kid, then to the door, and back again to the kid. Ariel's dad mumbled something under his breath along the lines of 'This'll cost him his wallet' while moving to the back to prepare the food. Seconds later, five more people and a reindeer walked in. This took Sky by surprise too, seeing as how normal reindeer don't walk on two legs. Akuma no mi? he thought to himself as one of the people started to speak up.
"Luffy, if all you wanted was food, than I could've made you something on the ship." a guy with yellow hair that covered the left eye and a curly right eyebrow said, yet not even appearing to affect the guy sitting at the table.
"Sanji, I doubt you even fazed him." A girl with orange hair replied.
"I, THE GREAT CAPT-" said one guy with black hair also but a really long nose before he was interrupted.
"Ussop, there's no way you can get past that thick head of his." A guy with green hair said, whom Skyler also noticed had three swords on him.
"Can't we all just get along?" the reindeer pleaded with a stressed face, obviously noticing Skyler's odd smell of wolf.
"Doctor-san, are you alright?" a woman with raven hair asked the reindeer. Now they all were seated at the table the original guy was sitting at. Also, besides the blonde and the swordsman, who were fighting already, and the person named Luffy, everyone else at the table was looking at the reindeer with worried expressions.
"No, not really. I think it's just stress-related, really. I just smell something that's obviously not here." he responded, putting on a face of guilt.
Smirking, Skyler chided in cooly "Actually, you are a perfectly fine individual. Your nose is not decieving you." Now everyone at that table didn't notice Sky at first because they were having their own issues, except for the woman with raven hair, as they sat in shock at someone who would just butt into their conversation. "You heard me, reindeer, your nose is working fine, and not to worry, reindeer give him indigestion."
"What are you talking about?" the orange head asked, suspicious of what Skyler's motives may be.
"Umm... Nami, theres a-a.." the reindeer began, but stumbling with the words, obviously still terrified to say the word.
"What he's trying so say is that there's a wolf in town, in a litteral sense." Skyler said, not even bothering to turn around.
"And you would know this because?" the raven haired woman asks, expecting Sky to answer her question.
"Because he and I are good friends." Skyler replied smugly. For the next minute, the whole table, apart from Luffy, who was busy complaining about being hungry, studied Skyler, sizing him up to either be a threat or just a random person who knows things.
"SKYLER! SKYLER! GUESS WHAT I SAW DOCK!" a child's voice shouted, putting a stop to the odd silence.