One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Ocean's Envy ❯ Remember The Time? Seeing Your Uncle ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Mommy, where are we going?" a five-year-old version of you asked your mom as your sisters piled some small suitcases onto a small ship.
"Well," your mom began, her crimson hair shimmering in the sunlight, "Your mommy's brother has a ship of his own and I haven't visited him in a while so I decided to make a family trip for a week. Except your father of course, he needs to work." You pondered on what she said for a minute then spoke up.
"So really what you're saying is that we're going to visit our uncle for a week?"
"Yup!"
"When are we leaving?" you asked your mom. She thought for a bit, looked at the ship, and then back at the house.
"Around five minutes, why?" Your eyes shot open and you started to panic.
 
"AAH! I NEED TO TELL LUFFY!"
"Tell my brother what?" a familiar voice said behind you.
"Ace! Can you tell Luffy that I'm going away to visit my uncle for a week then I'll be back?"
Ace looked a little weirded-out that you were asking him something almost extremely stupid. "Ok, hold on." he turned around and shouted "HEY LUFFY! E-K'S GOING TO SEE HER RELATIVES FOR A WEEK THEN SHE'LL BE BACK!" he turned to you and saw that you had squinted your eyes and cringed and the loudness of his voice. "I'm not yelling anymore." you resumed your normal, happy-go-lucky face. "If he didn't hear me I'll be sure to remind him again later."
"Ok, thanks!" you said as you ran to the ship that your mom had rented. I wouldn't be suprised if those two dated later on. Ace thought to himself as he saw the ship sail away.
(a day later)
"Are we there yet?" you asked for what was going to be the eleventymillionth time that hour.
"No We Aren't!" Tori shouted, making you cringe.
"Victoria, don't yell at your sister." your mom said gently, "And not to be mean to you but, yes, we are here." Both you and Tori looked up and saw a big ship nearby. Well, actually, it was around ten feet away but neither ships looked like they were colliding at any time. A shout from above confirmed that this was where you guys were staying for the week.
"Hey guys! Quick! Clean this place up! They're here early! Warn the captain that his sister's here!" New sounds filled the air as a din was created from people rushing to clean whatever they needed to clean on board.
"Yassop, you fag! Can't you ever let me surprise my brother?" your mom yelled to the man who shouted about her.
"Umm, yeah, about that. Don't you have kids with you? And if I let you suprize our captain, than no one would be prepared for the chaos you would bring." your mother frowned at this statement.
"One: I might've forgotten about that for a second and Two: it's not complete chaos, mind you. And three: Only two of the munchkins are here since Rebecca decided to chicken out and stay with her father."
"Well, that's good. One less person to annoy us."
"You Annoy Me" your mom growled back, but drastically changed her tone when she spoke after, "Now could you please let the anchor down if you haven't already and let us get up there?"
"Maybe, it depends if you're going to beat up anyone while you're here, including me." a new voice spoke. When she heard this, your mother just shook her head.
"I can't see anything," you complained.
"That's because there's fog, dimwit," Tori said to you.
When all the stuff was loaded onto your uncle's ship, you grabbed a rope and began to climb up. As you sat on the edge of the ship, your mother and sister came up on a ladder not six feet away. "There was a ladder?" you asked no one in particular. Some of the crew looked shocked at a kid who just randomly climbed a rope onto their ship.
"WHERE'D YOU COME FROM!" most of them shouted.
"Yes, there was a ladder." Tori answered, "You just were already half-way up so we didn't bother to tell you."
"Oh, really?" you asked, as some of your strawberry-yet-brown hair fell in your face.
"Yes really."
As you two were talking about stuff like that, some of the crew looked in confusion wondering how they could be the neices of the captian, while others noticed your mom scoot over to where the captian was standing. He was an average-ish height man, but only a fraction of an inch taller than your mom, with red hair and three scars across the left side of his face passing over his left eye. He was also wearing a straw-hat.
"Hey, Shanks, how's it going?" your mom asked him, looking over to you and Tori to make sure you didn't kill each other.
"Pretty good, how's my big sister?" he asked.
"Same as always, little bro, same as always." Shanks smiled as your mom said this.
"So that means that you're still a demon when it comes to the sais, Rose?" Your mom grinned.
"Are you still amazingly good with that katana, Shanks?"
He nodded his head in defeat, "Yes, so why did you come to visit this time?"
"Do I need a reason to see my little brother who I missed so much?" your mother asked, putting on a much-too innocent face.
"You know I can see through it when you lie." you mother sighed, for now she admitted defeat.
"I'll tell you later, but for now," your mom trailed off, spying you and Tori about to fight. "Hey girls! You haven't said hi to your uncle yet!" you mother shouted, making Shanks cringe, seeing as he was right next to her.
"UNCLE!!!" You smiled brightly as you ran to Shanks. At a normal voice you said "Hug," while latching on to him.
"Hi," Tori said while giving him a brief hug, then going off to do something else like torture Yassop. You had a different plan in mind as you started to climb on your uncle to sit on his shoulder.
 
"I feel tall now." you said once you were perched on his shoulder.
"Are you having fun, there?"
"Yes, very much so" you replied, oblivious to the fact that your mom was extremely embarrased from what you just did.
"Now how old are you again?" he asked, sriking up a conversation with you.
"Five and a half!" you exclaimed proudly, holding up five, than seven fingers.
"She's holding up seven fingers because that's how many months ago her birthday was." you mother clarified, seeing Shank's confused look when you held up seven fingers.
"I see, and what weapon are you skilled at?" he asked. You grinned from ear to ear as you replied.
"A Katana!" As you said this, Shanks's facial expression turned almost to a grimace.
"And let me guess, your older sister randomly whacks you upside the head a lot?"
"Yeah, how'd you guess?"
"I'm related to you, I think I'd know these things." as he said this he mock-glared at your mom, who was looking down and fiddling with her fingers. "Now run along," he said while putting you down, "I need to catch up with your mom."
"Okay!"