One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ The Straw Hat Crews Recovery ❯ Somethings up with Usopp ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Usopp looked up from his sketchbook to his goofy captain, who was hanging above him from the post above his head, reminding Usopp of a monkey . “Can I help you with something Luffy?” he asked
“Nah, I'm just seeing what you are drawing.” was Luffy's reply
“Why don't you go play with Chopper, on the swing set?” tried Usopp, turning back to the scene in front of him and continuing to sketch, “Franky will feel hurt if you only use it a few times.”
“Chopper's asleep.”
“So what about Zoro, wait don't answer that... sleeping right?” Luffy nodded “ Okay so how about Nami? Robin? Sanji? Franky? I'm sure not all of them are busy.”
Luffy took a deep breath and blew it out through his nostrils, “Usopp are you trying to get rid of me?” he asked innocently, “I just wanna hang out with you more after what had happened... it's my fault you left me, the crew.... we all missed you.”
“Not Zoro,” said Usopp bitterly, “He still hates me, won't let me get over it.”
They sat in silence for a few minutes till Sanji called for dinner.
“MEAT!!” Luffy jumped up and ran for the kitchen, he stopped short when he realized he wasn't being followed, “Usopp are you coming?”
“Not now Luffy I'm not hungry.” Usopp replied never taking his eyes off the scenery in front of him.
“But...” started Luffy
“I'll get something to eat later, go eat before the foods all gone.”

“AHH! Don't eat all my food!” yelled Luffy as he ran through the kitchen door
Usopp sighed and put his sketchbook on the floor next to him, unable to concentrate now, he looked up when he heard footsteps behind him.
“Sanji...”
“You've skipped out on your last nine meals, the others haven't noticed but I sure as hell have.” Sanji pushed a plate of food towards Usopp, who pushed it back towards Sanji. “I'm not hungry.” said Usopp, who had put his head in his knees and was now rocking slightly back and forth.
Sanji sighed and sat down next to Usopp, pushing the plate of food towards him. “I'm not leaving this spot till you have finished every bit of food that's on that plate, even if I have to stay here all night.”
“Leave me the hell alone Sanji,” snapped Usopp “I told you I'm not hungry, just go the hell away.”
“Your eating tonight whether you like it or not, I can't have of the crew going hungry on my watch... I wouldn't be doing my job as the crew's cook now would I?” Sanji sighed when he saw that Usopp hadn't budged an inch, “I'll force feed you, if I have to.” warned Sanji, taking out a cigarette and taking a deep puff from it letting it sink into his lungs, before letting it out slowly.
“...”
Sanji got up muttering meaningless threats about killing Usopp, before he stomped into the kitchen almost breaking the door off it's hinges.


(Sanji's POV)
“We need to have a meeting right now!” I yelled as I stomped through the kitchen, collecting the various dishes and utensils and throwing them haphazardly into the sink. I took another deep puff from my cigarette, I turned to the crew and my captain who were all looking at me like I had lost my mind.
“What's going on cook-san?” asked Robin who had looked up from the big tome on her lap.
“Usopp, he's.... I can't explain it, I'm gonna wind up killing him though.” I answered, throwing the cigarette butt on the floor, while reaching into my pocket for another cursing when I found that, the pack was empty. “He refuses to eat, I went so far as to threaten to force feed him...nothing the only time he opened his mouth was to tell me to leave him the hell alone, that he wasn't hungry.”
“So what's wrong with that, he's not hungry what's the big deal? We all have had day's like that.” said Nami
“If this was a one day thing Nami-swan, I'd let it go but this has been going on for at least three days.”
“You mean he hasn't eaten a bite since he had come back to the crew? I find that hard to believe I mean this IS Usopp we are talking about, he loves food almost as much as Luffy.” said Nami
“Listen he hasn't eaten it a bite since entering this ship.” I insisted, “What are we going to do about it? I'll kill him if I have to deal with him I ran out of my cigarettes.”
“I say leave him alone, let him starve. He doesn't wanna eat that's his problem why do we all have to stress over it?” said Zoro, putting his feet up on the table and leaning his chair back on two legs.
Luffy looked to be thinking something over for a moment looking at Zoro carefully as he did so, “Is it possible that it's Zoro's fault?”
Zoro fell back causing him to fall on the floor looking like a turtle on his back, making my day I'll tell you that much. He looked up after shaking a finger in his ears to dislodge anything that might have caused him to hear Luffy wrong, though I have to say Luffy's idea does sound a bit ridiculous.
“Excuse me?” said Zoro, looking like he was shocked as hell.
To tell you the truth I'm not a bit shocked by what Luffy had just said and now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense. The way Zoro has been acting towards Usopp lately it's bound to get the poor kid upset, I mean I like the kid and all but c'mon he's the type of person to let something like Zoro bullying him, bother him to the point where it'd make him sick. I mean Usopp kids around a lot and lies constantly, but now I'm starting to get a better understanding of Usopp of how he uses those stories and lies to either take himself out of reality or to protect himself from the real world. I had started to realize that when the Soge King had turned up, I knew it was Usopp, hell I'm sure everyone except Luffy and Chopper had known, but I had realized that the Soge king was not only a disguise (A crappy one I'd admit but one the same), but also a way for Usopp to show that deep down that he really isn't a coward, that he to can fight I think it was a message to himself more than anyone else it told him that he would be alright, that he could be brave and fight just like the rest of us, that he could be just as strong that maybe.... all his tall tales aren't so tall after all.... Man when the hell did I become so mushy? God I need a smoke I'm going crazy.
“I said I think there's a possibility that it maybe your fault,” repeated Luffy
“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?” yelled Zoro
I kicked him in the head, “Will you shut the hell up? We don't want him to over hear us.” I snapped.
I turned to Nami and Robin “Nami-chan, Robin-san? Would ladies like any desert?” I asked trying to keep myself busy. “No thank you Sanji-kun.” said Nami
“Yes, coffee please Cook-san.” replied Robin, I smiled brightly
“Right away.”
“Me Sanji I want Desert!” yelled Luffy excitedly, jumping up and down in his seat.
“Get it yourself, what the hell do I look like to you? A servant?”
Luffy ran up to the fridge, and pulled open the freezer pulling out a huge tube of ice cream. As I handed Robin her coffee, I felt a tug on my jacket I looked down to see Chopper looking up at me with large sad eyes. I bent down to his eye level “Yes Chopper, what is it that you need?”
“Could you get me a bowl and spoon please? I can't reach.” he asked, I smiled and put my hand on top of his fuzzy head.
“Sure.” I replied, standing up to get a bowl and spoon for Chopper, I smirked when I heard Nami gush about how adorable he was. “Here you go Chopper.” I said handing him the bowl and spoon. “Ask Nami to put the ice cream in for you though, so you don't make a mess.”
“Kays.”   “Will someone answer my question!” said Zoro irritably
“And what question would that be, grass head?” I asked bored
“Luffy what the hell do you mean that Usopp's not eating is my fault?”
“Well I didn't say it was your fault... you just don't help matters.” said Luffy
“WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN!?!?!”
“Swordsman-san, I believe what Luffy is trying to say is that you haven't been exactly forgiving to Longnose-san, well to be quite honest you have been downright cruel to him. I believe that, he feels guilty and you bullying him is making him depressed.”
“He left us! What the hell do you expect me to do?! Welcome him back with open arms and a smile on my face like nothings happened? I'm not doing that!” yelled Zoro, who was now on his feet swinging his arm around sending a chair flying into a nearby wall.
“Zoro! Sit down right now, and stop breaking our furniture!” yelled Nami, slamming her hands onto the table, “Listen Zoro and listen good, what Usopp did was wrong there is no denying that but what you are doing is fucked up, Usopp had begged for our forgiveness he was literally on his hands and knees and begged for our forgiveness and we gave it to him. In the past year Usopp has become that of a brother to me and when he had left the crew I was devastated, I felt as if I had lost another family member it was then that I had realized the impact he actually has on our lives on my life. Sure he can be a coward at times, but so what we all get scared at times he was still with us, still is with us through everything we've been through, we all accepted him back... why can't you?”
“I refuse to accept someone who will up and leave the crew at anytime,!” he snapped at her making me extremely pissed.
“You don't speak to a lady that way!” I yelled kicking him hard him the head, “Apologize to Nami-chan!”
“No Sanji it's alright, I'm sorry for this Robin.” she said, “But this is an example he can't find away around and he'll fell like a hypocrite if he accepts us and not Usopp.”
Robin stood up and walked towards the door smiling encouragingly toward Nami, “Do what must be done. I'll see if I can do anything about Longnose-san.” Nami nodded
“Thank you Robin.” I said, “Make sure he eats.”
She waved her understanding, and walked out the kitchen door.
Nami sat down, “Well Zoro you might as well sit down.” He scowled but did as he was told, I picked up Robin's cup and rinsed it under the faucet. “I'll take that coffee now Sanji-kun if the offer still stands.”
“Anything for you Nami-chan.” I turned to make a fresh batch of coffee, listening to Grass head grumble in the background.

“ Okay now if one of our crew member leaves the crew without Luffy's permission, Luffy usually does his best to recruit them back, we all know that. So far Me, Robin and Usopp have all left the crew at one time or another, all for different reasons' but still every time Luffy was there either fighting with the person in question (EX. Usopp) or fighting with the person holding us back from joining the crew (EX. Arlong) Me and Robin rejoined the crew after Luffy and the rest of the crew had helped us. Though while me and Robin were never on bad terms with the crew when we left, Usopp was however a different case. Usopp had officially left us, and we all know that he had returned to returned us in his alias "Soge king" to help rescue Robin, which by the way I find hilarious seeing as he seems to fight way better as the Soge king plus that seems to be a smart move because now he is the only crew member without a bounty... well technically he has a 30,000,000 berri one but since the marines have no idea about his alias it's safe to assume he's safe for now. He originally planned to make the crew beg for him to return, which we were all ready to do but, previously Zoro had given Luffy a speech about him rejoining us on our terms, not his. After being ignored while we were fighting off Luffy's grandfather, Usopp finally gives in and begs for our forgiveness on which Luffy happily accepts him back, with tears pouring down his face and open arms, I for one can speak for me when I say I did the same thing.”



“Wait Usopp's the Soge King?” asked Luffy and Chopper in unison shock shown all across their faces. Nami ignored him and continued, “Is that accurate? Is that how you see it Zoro?”
“Quite accurate, though I think we should have left him on that god forsaken island. I don't think he's done enough to be forgiven.”
Luffy stood up suddenly and walked over to Zoro menacingly, grabbing him by the shirt, “Luffy what the hell?”
“Zoro I never though I'd have to do this but.. I command you to forgive Usopp.”
“WHAT?” I was in shock never in my life would I guess that Luffy would go this far.
“Zoro you heard me I command you to forgive Usopp if you don't then you are off the crew, we drop you off on the next island we land on.” said Luffy. It was obvious for Luffy to go this far that he was pissed, but to go as far as kicking Zoro off the crew?
“You can't do that! Can he do that?” asked Zoro
“Luffy thats a little drastic don't you think?” asked Nami
“No! I'm sick and tired of this Usopp is a brother to me, and this stupid thing is hurting the crew it's hurting Usopp what can I do? He's my best friend.”
“Luffy kicking Zoro out isn't the answer we have to work this out as a group, all of us together listen we'll hold a meeting tomorrow after we stock up at the island.” said Nami
“There's an island?! Yosh! I smell an adventure!” cheered Luffy seemingly forgetting everything that had just transpired.
“We should arrive there tomorrow around noon. So everyone rest up cause we have a long day ahead of us, Zoro may I speak to you a moment alone?”
“I guess, what the hell could you want money grubber?”
“Listen Zoro, I know we don't have the best relationship.” I snorted quietly as I washed the dishes understatement of the century that is!
“You mean I hate you and you hate me?”
“Right, so I was thinking you leave Usopp alone and your dept will be considered paid to me in full, and if you don't take that suggestion and like it I can always raise the interest to 5000.”
I snickered and then smiled Nami-swan is so sweet to do that for Usopp.
“Fine! Money grubbing old hag.”