One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ The Straw Hat Crews Recovery ❯ Somethings up with Usopp part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 1- part 2
[okay so despite how the chapter ends there will be a couple more chapters . Also keep in mind these are first drafts (I hate how Sanji's POV in this chapter had turned out) so the story will be under revision for a while but anyway enjoy and review, sayonara!]   (Still Sanji's POV)
Nami smiled wickedly at Zoro, “Call me what you will.” She turned back to the maps on the table, as Zoro stormed out of the kitchen.
Well I'm turning in for the night Sanji-kun.” Nami handed me her coffe cup before walking out the door, “Have a good night.” she whispered, when I looked at her confused she motioned me over to the door. Usopp had fallen asleep against Robins shoulder and Robin seemed to be talking to him about what has happened not noticing that he had fallen asleep. “Robin?” Nami whispered
Robin put her finger to her lips, holding a finger up to tell us she will be in, in a moment. Nami walked away for a moment coming back with a thick blanket, “Well we can't exactly move him.” was her reply to my amused expression. Nami and Robin pulled the blanket around Usopp's body and then stood, Robin grabbed the almost full plate of food off the floor and walked passed me to put it on the countertop.
Well now I'm really going to bed now I'll see you guys in the morning.” said Nami walking out the kitchen door once again.
Night, Nami.”
Night Nami-chan”
I grabbed a container from the shelf above the sink and put the food in it, Robin was looking thoughtfully at the window.
What's on your mind Robin-san?”
It's nothing really, Usopp wouldn't speak to me is all it surprised me.”
I know what you mean, did you get anything out of him?”
Nothing, I told him a story from when I was a little girl hoping to get him to open up... he fell asleep during it.” she laughed softly, “Guess I bored him so much he fell asleep through it.”
He wasn't ever like this, I mean if he had ever acted like this before we wouldn't be so worried, but he was always so cheerful, it's hard to explain he always knew the way to lighten up the mood have you ever noticed it?”
I have actually, like the way things are now Luffy's trying but it's not the way it used to be there's no true smiles anymore tears yes, happiness when Usopp returned yes, but the only smile is that on Luffy's face and even that seems forced. Before everything happened though there was not one untrue smile everyone was sincerely happy. So it was Usopp that brought those smiles I always thought it was Luffy.”
It was both of them. Luffy would never admit this but, out of all of us he is the closest to Usopp. Sure he has known both Nami and Zoro longer but, I can't really explain it Luffy's a different person around Usopp.... I think Usopp brings out the kid in Luffy even more. There could be many factors they are the same age so that gives them a common ground, they both love pranks and stories, and they both see the world in a different light.”
They are the same yet different making them the perfect best friends, I think Luffy should be the one to talk to Usopp, they are really close from what you have said so Usopp would most likely open up to him.”
It's worth a shot we'll try that in the morning, Luffy's probably asleep by now.”
Well I'm off to bed, Cook-san have a good shift.”
I will Robin-chan...” I paused for a moment, “Robin?”
She paused at the door and turned towards me, “Yes Cook-san?”
I think you need to thank Usopp, maybe that would help.”
She smiled softly, “I thought he knew.”
Sometimes it's better to hear the words, then just to know I think he might need reassurance.”
No problem Cook-san I'll tell him in the morning. Night.”
Night Robin-chan.”


(Luffy's POV)
I woke up to the sound of distant sobbing coming from the deck. quickly and quietly I got out of bed so not to wake the rest of the crew. I suck quietly out of the room and up the stairs, I walked behind the source of the sobs, and felt a tug on my heart as I realized who it was. I crouched down next to the slightly trembling figure, putting a hand on his blanket clad back. “Usopp, are you alright? What's the matter?” I asked him softly, rubbing my hand up and down his back like Makino used to do after Trace had left to become a pirate.
I pulled the blanket away from his face and frowned playfully, “Are you ignoring your Captain?”
He smile slightly and replied, “Captain? What captain? I don't see a captain around here.” Tears continued to fall down his face, “What do you need Luffy?” he asked
Why are you crying? We are all together again you should be happy.” I sat cross legged in front of Usopp, “Tell me what's wrong you can trust me, I swear.”
I'm depressed, guilty, scared but mostly ashamed at myself for everything I put you guys th-”
You stop right there Usopp. There is nothing to apologize for, you did what anybody would do in your position, what I would have done. You are allowed to make mistakes, as long as you promise to never leave again.”
I promise.... Thanks.”
We sat in silence for the second time that day, watching the sun make it's way past the mountains.
I cried you know.”
Usopp looked up, “What?”
I pulled my knees to my chest and looked down, “I cried when you left, it was hard I couldn't handle it I cried, I only felt that much pain twice in my whole life prior to that, when my mother died and when Trace had left to become a pirate. Thats it, I felt as if I had lost my brother and I lost it. I put all my energy into fighting, and putting on a brave face for the rest of the crew I felt I had to seem happy and strong so they wouldn't give up hope and lose faith. But deep down, I felt myself dying and then you came back begging for forgiveness it was the best day of my life, I had regained my friend back.... what has happened to you? Your here like always but your not....”
I cried to you know... I was so lonely I've felt like that before, it didn't sink in until you guys almost left me, it hadn't sunk in that you were prepared to leave me.”
Want me to let you in on a little secret Usopp?”
Okay sure what is it?”
I wasn't prepared, I was going to come back for you Zoro would have been pissed but... he would have had to get over it.”
Weren't his exact words 'We're not going to accept him on his terms, he wants to come back he is to accept our terms? And if you can't accept that I'm resigning.'”
Not exactly but you have the main gist.” Usopp snickered
What?” I asked confused
Have you been hanging around, the “Adults*” lately? You are beginning to sound just like them.”
Hey wanna go play on the swing set?” I asked, jumping to my feet, offering my hand so I could help him up.
It's 6 in the morning...” Usopp shrugged, “Sure why not...... RACE YOU!!!”
I laughed and ran full speed ahead toward the Thousand Sunny's swing set feeling for the first time since the incident that I finally had my best friend back.
TO BE CONTINUED...
*The “Adults” as Usopp refers to them, are Franky, Robin, Sanji, Nami and Zoro them being the oldest of the crew, Luffy, Usopp and Chopper deemed them that not only because for their age but because they are always scolding the other three for playing pranks, making to much noise.. basically just causing trouble... Usopp said that because Luffy was starting to talk like Nami or Robin and felt like teasing him.