One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Where You'll Find Me ❯ Always Explaining ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or it's characters. Tara belongs to Kurenai Yokomodo.

Ch. 8 Always Explaining


Morning came and well, there was a lot of questions and answers going on. Tara had told them about how she had gotten back. It seemed that to mist came back but this time it was white instead of blue.

"So what have all of you been up to since I've been gone?" Tara asked.

"Well, we were attacked by Darbley's brother," Luffy said.

"What?!"

"Yeah, he looks just like him. He wants to kill you because you killed his brother," Nami added.

"Really?"

"I had to fight him. He kept throwing me into the water."

"But you can't swim," Tara said looking away.

"I know but somehow I was getting... out... why are you laughing?" Luffy asked as everyone looked at her.

"Oh boy, okay, here goes. I... kinda helped.... you out of the water," Tara said as she started laughing again.

"What? How did you do that?"

"Well, you remember Eric right?"

"Yeah...?"

"Well, I was talking to him the day before I came back and he told me about what happened to you and that's how I learned about you not being able to swim."

"And?"

"And well, when you were in the water I kinda pushed you back to the surface."

Everyone was quiet and just sat there. How the hell did she do that?

"So you knew about Noremac?" Zolo asked.

"Yeah kinda, but that's besides the point. Oh and I kinda knocked him away from you too..." Tara said looking down this time.

"What? What did you do this time?"

"Well, when he was going to stab you, I kinda hit him."

Okay, now everyone was confused at this point. Tara sighed and stood up.

"I know I confused you so let me try again. The reason I was in that cell and in those chains was because I'm different from most of you now. They had to do that or I would get away and pull more pranks on them."

"Different? You look the same almost," Usopp said.

"I know that but... okay. Nami, do you remember when you asked me about that chest I had?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I'm different because of it," Tara said.

"What?"

"Alright, I guess I have to show you instead of tell you. Here," she said as she held out her hand to Luffy.

"What?" He asked as he looked at it.

"Take it."

"Okay."

Once he took her hand she began to walk away and to their surprise her arm stayed where it was, but it only got longer.

"Okay, let go now."

Tara's arm snapped back and she went back to the table.

"You... ate..."

"I know. It was in that chest I had and I ate it, big deal. They had to chain me up like that or I would have gotten out like you had."

"How'd you know that they had the fruit?" Nami asked.

"Well, I heard them talking and he said that he wanted to collect all the fruits so he could be the ultimate fighter or something."

This was quite the morning. After they had found out that Tara now had a new ability they wondered why she ate the fruit in the first place. But she wouldn't tell them that. Now, everything was back to normal. Sanji gave her the pan and her other weapons back and Tara took her place back in the crow's nest. Yes, everything was as it should be and everyone hoped it would stay that way. Luffy was back to his old self, jumping around and running around the ship.

"Hey Tara!" Luffy called up to the crow's nest.

"What?!" Tara called back as she peered over the side.

"Play a game with me."

"Okay, what do you wanna play?"

"Hmm... tag!"

"Alright, I'll be down in a minute."

Tara stood up and jumped out of the nest and onto the deck.

"You're it!" Tara called as she tagged him and ran off.

Zolo sat in his chair and watched the game with mild interest. Now he could sleep without having to worry so much. As the game continued things were broken and messes were made but Tara cleaned up what she could when the game ended. She went down to her room to get something and found all of her things missing.

"Where's my stuff?" She asked herself as she looked around the room.

"Oh, Luffy took it," Nami said as she passed by.

"Why did he do that?"

"I don't know. You'll have to ask him that."

So that's what she was going to do. Went and found him in the kitchen, fighting with Sanji for something to eat.

"Please?!"

"No, you'll have to wait for dinner," Sanji said as he took whatever Luffy had away from him.

"But I'm hungry now!" Luffy whined.

"Hey, cut it out. Wait for dinner like the rest of us," Tara said as she walked in. "Nami said that you took my stuff out of my room."

"No I didn't. Your stuff is still there."

"No it's not. I looked everywhere but I didn't find anything."

"That's because you're looking in the wrong room."

"I am?"

"She is?" Sanji asked, now interested in the conversation.

"Yeah, here I'll show you."

So Tara followed Luffy down the hall wondering why he had moved her things.

To be continued...