Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. One: Chapter One: Pop Tart ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Pop Tart
Cello just didn't understand it. Her mother had snapped and lost her mind. It wasn't a real issue. Makoto, her mother, had always acted weird. That was like that since the divorce. When it was all over, Makoto was free again. Then things began to change. Her mother started acting like a wild twenty-year-old party girl. Makoto was now dressing like a slut, drinking more, partying all night, and bring home strings of men. Cello just couldn't understand it. Sure it was a divorce and Makoto was discovering her freedom. But this… was overdoing it!
Cello fell back on her bed stressed out. Makoto was a headache to her now. But what could she do? Cello was only sixteen. She had her own problems already…
There was a knock on her bedroom door. The girl quickly looked up. She rolled her eyes as she sighed again.
“Come in, mom!” Cello called out. The door opened wide. Makoto stood in the doorway looking in. She looked older than she actually was. Makoto was dressed in a tight red leather mini skirt with a tight black tube top, black fishnet stockings, silver and red high heels, and black leather jacket. Her make-up made her look trashy. The woman's boobs looked like they would pop out at any second. The heavy scent of sake and perfume made her daughter choke in disgust. Cello had to turn her head away. Makoto lied down on the bed next to her daughter. Cello thought she would be sick.
“Sweetie!” Makoto whimpered. “What's wrong? You look like you're going to be sick!”
“You reek of booze!” Cello cried.
“Oh, sorry! Ha-ha!” her mother said aloud. Then, Makoto climbed off of the bed. Cello rolled over to face her. She squinted at her.
“Where did you go?” she asked her mother. Makoto smiled at her brightly.
“Out with the girls again!” she announced. Cello rolled her eyes.
“Figures!” she mumbled under her breath. “That's all you do anyway!” Makoto giggled a little bit. Her daughter rolled her eyes again and sighed. Always the same thing. Always the same thing!
“Oh Cello!” Makoto called. Her daughter looked back at her. What could she possibly say now? Cello braced herself for more useless chatter.
“You have school tomorrow!” Makoto said. Cello sighed aloud annoyed.
“I know,” she said. “School starts tomorrow! I gave you the form, remember?” Makoto thought about that question for a moment.
“Oh yes!” she called after a few seconds. “Yes you did!” Cello sighed aloud again. This was to be another night of pointless rambling. Cello began to tune her mother out again. This was going to be another long night. Always the same. But tomorrow would be worse.
School had become Cello's escape lately. Everyone knew about her mother, but no one spoke about it. Cello had a little control at school. But then, the control slipped away from her in one second.
It all started with a small tap on the shoulder. Cello froze up quickly. She slowly turned around. A girl was standing behind smiling brightly. Cello looked her up and down. She had never seen this girl before in her life. The girl had short bright red hair and deep brown eyes. The schoolgirl uniform didn't look right on her slender body. It didn't match her style. Cello had never seen so much glitter in her life. Neither so much make-up. The poor girl was just blinded.
“Uh…” Cello said at last. “Can I… help you?” The girl smiled at her brightly.
“Are you Cello?” she asked. The other girl blinked at her for a moment.
“Yes,” she said at last. “Why?” The new girl smiled at her brightly again.
“Sweet!” she called. “I'm Sao!” Then she bowed to Cello. The other girl bowed back. They looked at each other for a while.
“So,” Cello spoke up. “What do you want to see me for?” Sao grinned at her like a Cheshire cat.
“The student Council told me to come to you,” she replied. “You're the welcoming person to give the new students a tour of the school.” Cello looked at her blankly. Nothing was registering so far. This was all new to her. Then, the lights came on brightly in her head.
“Oh!” Cello said. “I guess I am. Shall we go now?”
“Yeah!” Sao called aloud. *Sweat drop on Cello's head* “A little hyped up to he here, huh?” she thought.
“Okay!” Cello said aloud. “Let's go!” Then she gathered her books and they headed down the hall together. Here started Cello's trip further down into the madness. But, Cello was too blind then to see what she had gotten herself into. Otherwise, the girl would've pulled out fast. But it was too late now. Cello had unwittingly stepped onto the path of the wild side. No turning back at all.
Take a Walk On the Wild Side