Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Four: Chapter Ten: Bad Men ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Bad Men
Then came another shuffle. One that started on Monday at the Cho house. Doll Face was opening up for the day when there was a knock on the door. She looked up and frowned. A man looked intently inside. His face and hands were pressed against the glass. He grinned at her. Doll face rolled her eyes. The woman walked over to the door and unlocked it. The man pushed it open.
“Thanks sis!” he said. Doll Face eyed him.
“Inzo?” she asked. “What do you want now?”
The man gave her a puzzled look. “What?”
“You're up to something.”
“Why do you say that?”
“I know you. You never visit useless you screwed up. So, spit it out. What did you do now?”
Silence. Inzo bit lip as he shuffled his foot.
“Uh…” he said. Doll Face waited. Inzo breathed out.
“I need money.”
“And?”
Inzo looked nervous. “Can you…”
Doll Face shook her head. “No.”
Her brother frowned. “Why not?”
“What did you do with the amount I gave you?”
“Uh well… there was this girl…”
Doll Face groaned. “Inzo!”
Her older brother shrugged at her. “Hey, she had great legs!”
“Inzo!”
“Oh come baby sister, please?”
“No!”
“Pleaseee!!!”
“Uncle Inzo?” a voice asked them. Doll Face and Inzo looked up. Christine came down the stairs to go to school. The man smiled at her.
“And how is my darling niece?” he asked. The girl smiled at him.
“Great!” she said. Doll Face frowned. Oh great, she thought. Now I'm going to get tag-teamed. Inzo stepped forward.
“I have a little problem.”
Christine raised an eyebrow at him. “Oh? And what is that?”
Inzo turned to Doll Face. “I need some money and your mom won't give any.”
“Okay, so what?”
“I need some help.”
Christine looked at Doll Face. “Mom?”
The woman sighed and rolled her eyes. “No!”
“Please?” her daughter asked.
“Yes, please?” her brother pleaded.
“Not going to work!”
“Please, momma!”
“Yeah, please!”
Doll Face tried to look away. The puppy eyes kept getting worse each time. This time it was bad—really bad. Doll Face gritted her teeth. She clenched her fists.
“Fine,” she grumbled. “I'll get you the money tomorrow.” Inzo rushed forward and kissed his younger sister on the hand.
“Bless you, my angel!” he said in Italian.
“Whatever,” Doll Face mumbled. Inzo turned his head to Christine.
“Thank you,” he mouthed. His niece only nodded. Then, Inzo's phone rang.
“Excuse me,” he said. The man picked up his phone and headed outside. Doll Face watched his back in suspicion. She snorted to herself.
“What's wrong, momma?” Christine asked.
“I don't trust him,” her mother answered.
“Aw, don't be like that!”
“But it's true, I know him!”
“He might have changed.”
Then, Inzo opened the door and came inside. He had a sheepish grin on his face. Doll Face narrowed her eyes at him.
“Now what?” she asked. Inzo shuffled his feet a bit.
“Uh… I need somewhere to stay for a few days too,” he said, nervously. “Can you help me out?” Doll Face smacked herself in the head while Christine gave off a nervous laugh.
Bring On the Bad Man