Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Four: Chapter Twelve: Rat Trap ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Rat Trap
Back at home, the younger girls faced a crisis. First, Sao and Christine invited themselves over to Cleo's house. She walked down the hall to the front door, rubbing her eyes.
“Who is it?” she asked.
“Hey girl!!!” a familiar voice yelled. Cleo froze in shock. Oh no!, she thought. She peeked out the peep hole. Sao and Christine stood on the other side, waving and grinning. Hello panic! Cleo's spine went stiff. What do I do?, she thought.
“Hello!” Sao called. “Anyone home?” Cleo bit her lower lip.
What should I do?, she thought.
“Are you in there?” Christine asked. Cleo swallowed hard.
“Yes!” she yelped.
“Can you let us in?” Sao asked. Cleo froze up again.
“Uh…” she said.
“Let us in! Let us in!” the girls shouted over and over again. Cleo finally lowered her head. In the end, Sao and Christine went in the house.
Welcome to Party Central. Sao and Christine took over the house in seconds.
“Got an Xbox?” Christine asked.
“No,” Cleo said.
“PS3?”
“No.”
“Dreamcast?”
“No.”
Christine frowned. “What do you have?”
Her friend shook her head. “I don't play video games…”
“You don't?”
“No…”
Christine made a funny face at her. “Why not?”
Cleo shrugged. “Never had the need to play any.” *Sweat drop on Christine's head*
What's with this girl?, she thought. Sao clapped her hands together.
“Right!” she cut in. “Forget the video games. Let's just watch TV.” Christine recovered.
“Fair enough,” she said. The girls watched TV and feasted on popsicles. Smooth sailing, right? Maybe this won't be bad, Cleo thought.
But then…
A scream broke the peace. Cleo snapped out of her zen zone.
“What?!?” she cried. “What's wrong?!?”
“A rat!!!” Christine cried. Cleo gave her an odd look.
“A rat?” she asked. Sao and Christine pointed to the top of the TV. She looked up and her eyes shot wide open.
“Oh crap!!!” she cried. A little brown rat sat on the TV, eating crumbs.
“Gross!” Sao cried.
“What do we do?!?” Cleo yelped.
“Trap it!” the wild girl cried. The other two stared dead-on at her.
“What?!?” they cried.
“How?” Christine asked. Sao rose to her feet.
“We'll have to try,” she said. “Come with me!” She walked into the kitchen. The other girls watched her.
“What are you doing?!?” Cleo asked.
“Getting bait!!!” her “friend” replied. “You coming?” Christine and Cleo looked at each other.
“What do we do?” Cleo asked. The Italian-Korean girl shrugged.
“Like we have a choice,” she said. Christine rose to her feet and followed behind. Cleo sighed.
“Whatever you say…” she mumbled to herself. The poor soul joined them in the kitchen.
The weekend of Rat Wars began at noon on Saturday.
Mouse Trap