Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Seven: Chapter Nineteen: Widow Pal ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Widow Pal

She moved into town three weeks earlier. She and her husband were lovey-dovey. Their neighbors gagged at the sight of them. To her, husband was her light. Which is why it came as a devastating blow when he died three days later.

The widow wouldn't leave her house. Her neighbors began whispering.

“They were so close.”

“He was the love of her life.”

“Think she'll commit suicide?”

“Don't be so morbid!”

“What? It's possible!”

The widow didn't dare come outside to talk to the neighbors. Doll Face saw an opportunity with the poor woman. She led Makoto and Nancy to the widow's front door.

“You sure about this?” Makoto asked.

“Yeah!” Doll Face said. “We need a new friend, after all.”

“Do we?” Makoto asked.

“Of course!” the leader said. She turned and knocked on the door. A face peeked out from the curtains on the other side. Doll Face smiled and waved.

“Hi!” she said. The widow opened the door a crack.

“What do you want?” she whimpered.

“I'm Doll Face,” the MILF leader said. “These are my friends Makoto and Nancy.” Her friends smiled and waved. The widow looked at them with tired eyes.

“What do you want?” she asked.

“To be your friends,” Doll Face said.

“Friends?”

“Yes. May we come in?” The widow stared blankly as the MILF trio pushed their way inside. Nancy dragged her with them.

--------

The widow sat on couch, crying. Makoto put her arm around her shoulders.

“What's the matter?” she asked. Their potential friend sobbed.

“He was the best man ever!” she cried. “I love him so much and now he's gone!” The widow buried her head in her hands.

“Aw, it's not that bad, uh… what is your name?” Nancy asked.

“Iseul,” the widow said in between tears.

“So you're Korean?” Makoto asked.

“Yes,” the widow said. The trio nodded.

“Cute name,” Doll Face said.

“Where are you from?” Nancy asked.

“Seoul,” the widow whimpered. Doll Face whistled.

“Whoa! That far?”

“We moved here for my husband's job!” Iseul whimpered as her lower lip quivered. “Now he's gone!” She bawled in her lap. Makoto rubbed on her back.

“There, there'” she whispered. “We're here for you. We are your friends.” Iseul whimpered in response.

“What was his name?” Nancy asked.

“Hyuk.”

“What was he like?”

“Kind, sweet, handsome, and good man!” Iseul broke down crying. The MILF trio looked at each other.

“You sure this is a good idea?” Nancy asked with her eyes.

“We have to try!” Doll Face's eyes said back. “She would look great with our group.”

“Do we have to?”

“Yes!”

“But she cries too much.”

“So what?”

“I don't know…”

“Just suck it up and do it with me. Iseul has to join our circle!” Doll Face slapped her knees.

“You know what we need?” she asked aloud. “Some booze! You got any alcohol?” The widow lifted her head.

“Hyuk and I didn't drink,” she whimpered. Doll Face laughed it off.

“That's okay!” she said. “I'll get some from my shop.”

“But--!”

“I'll be right back!” Doll Face walked out the door, grinning. Makoto and Nancy chuckled nervously as Iseul broke down crying again.

Cry Baby Widow