Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Fourteen: Chapter Forty: Mama Weeps ( Chapter 40 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Mama Weeps

Makoto stared with big eyes.

“What?!” she cried.

“Yes,” Cello said again. “I want to study aboard.” Her mother trembled.

“But… But… But… You can't!” she said.

“Why?” Cello asked. Makoto's eyes welled up with tears.

“What about me?” she asked. “You can't just leave me! You can't leave me! You can't leave me!” Her daughter rolled her eyes.

“But I want to,” she said. Makoto grabbed onto her arms.

“Then take me with you!” she begged. “Please? I don't' want to be alone! Please? Please?” Cello wrinkled her nose as she pushed her off.

“No!” Cello shouted. She walked off to her room.

“And don't try to stop me,” she said over her shoulder. “It won't work this time.” Makoto sniffled as Cello disappeared down the hall.

“I will try,” she said.

--------

“My baby wants to leave me!” Makoto cried. She drank more sake from the bottle. She broke down crying.

“There, there,” Doll Face said. “It's okay.” Makoto lifted her head.

“She can't leave me!” she wailed. “I don't know what I'd do without her. She can't leave me! She can't! She can't!” Makoto drank up more sake and wailed.

“Honey,” Nancy said. “Why the tears? You're free. Be happy. You should celebrate.” Makoto poked out her lower lip.

“I can't do it,” she said. Makoto sobbed. Doll Face rubbed her back.

“Shhh,” she whispered. “It's okay. It's okay.” Makoto shook her head. Doll Face looked up at Nancy. Nancy walked over to her crying friend.

“Sweetie,” she said. “Aw come here.” She hugged Makoto along with Doll Face. Already, mom started planning to keep her little girl in Japan.

-------

Meanwhile, Cello filled out the form for the study aboard program. She sat back and put down the pen. The girl was determined to get away from all of them at all costs. Cello narrowed her eyes. Come on, mom. Do your worst!

Already, Makoto had her checklist ready to make Cello stay with her. Thus, the start of a war between mother and daughter over the future.

I Declare War