Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Thirteen: Chapter Thirty-Nine: What is the Point? ( Chapter 39 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

What is the Point?

-Cello-

Why do I do this to myself? I can't do this anymore. They all keep weighing me down. Don't get me wrong. I really do care about them, but they drive me nuts.

I looked at mom at the kitchen table. She's drinking again. I sighed and shook my head.

“Mom,” I said. She looked at me with that goofy grin of hers.

“What?” she asked. I sighed at first.

“Why do you do this to yourself?” I asked. Mom gave me a strange look.

“Hm?” she asked. Mom tried not to giggle. I rolled my eyes. I can't take this anymore.

“Mom, do you always have to party?” I asked. Mom giggled and tilted her head.

“What do you mean?” she asked. I rubbed my forehead.

“You're too old to be doing this crap,” I said. “You're almost fifty. You have a job, but you don't take it seriously. You shouldn't be doing this.” Mom pouted and made a fish face. I puffed up my cheeks.

“Don't do that,” I said. “Stop.” Mom leaned in, pouting.

“Stop,” I said. She tilted her head. Her lower lip poked out. I groaned and smacked my forehead.

“Mom, I can't do this anymore,” I said. “I want to go away to college and move out.” Mom's eyes widened.

“What?!” she asked. I nodded. She looked like she was about to cry. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“I told this last week,” I said. Mom's lower lip quivered.

“You're leaving?” she asked. “You're leaving?”

“Not yet,” I said. “I will have to finish school first.” Mom started to crawl across the table.

“You can't leave me!” she whimpered. “Wh-Wh-What will I do?”

“You have to figure it out for yourself,” I said. “I can't stay here anymore. You all drive me crazy! I have to get away from all of you!” Mom raised her eyebrow.

“Who?” she asked.

“All of you!” I shouted. “Sao, Christine, Sam, Isaiah, Dong, and you!” Mom stared at me with big eyes.

“You don't want us around anymore?” she asked. “You don't love us anymore?”

“No,” I said. “Love has nothing to do with it. I just…” I messed up my hair as I started screaming.

“I just need to get away from you all!” I said.

“But why?” Mom asked. I got up and walked away.

“Cello-chan?” she asked.

“Forget it!” I shouted as I disappeared down the hall.

“Baby?” Mom asked. I slammed my bedroom door. Why do I bother? I need to get out of here, ASAP!

Run Cello, Run