Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Fourteen: Chapter Forty-Two: The Man's Path ( Chapter 42 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Man's Path

Damon knows what he wants for his future after high school. What about the other boys? They have their own ideas. The guidance counselor would get the “joy” of hearing them out.

“Where do you see yourself in five years?” she asked.

-Sam-

Sam shrugged. “Married to Christine.”

“Okay. Any career plans?”

“Huh?”

“Career plans for the future. What do you want to do after high school?”

“Oh.” Sam thinks for a minute. “A lion tamer or own a pie shop.”

The counselor raised her eyebrow. “Lion tamer or a pie shop.”

“Yep. Or even both.”

“Both?”

“Uh-huh.” Sam stood up on the chair. “I can see it now. Lion tamer by day. Pie shop owner by night. The shop will be called Lion Pie. All with my beautiful wife, Christine.”

“Uh-huh…”

Sam jumped down into the chair. “How does that sound?”

The counselor wrinkled her nose. “Uh-huh.” She took down more notes.

-Isaiah-

“I want to marry Christine.”

The counselor stared at him. “Huh? What did you say?”

“I want to marry Christine.”

“Right… I've heard that before. Any career plans?”

Isaiah. “Pictures this, man. Christine and I get married. We go to South America and start a cocaine empire. I have her and my harem in our huge mansion made of gold. I'm dressed like a pimp with my Cuban cigars. I have my guards and soldiers. It's all paradise!”

“Okay…”

“But…” Isaiah said. “Antonio, my personal bodyguard shoots point me point blank in the head in my office. He's betrayed me and took over. But, I faked my death and headed to Canada. I come with full force and kill Antonio. Christine and I live happily ever after. You feel me?”

“Uh… yeah…” The counselor took more notes.

-Adam-

“I don't know,” Adam said, shrugging. The counselor blinked at him.

“That's it?” she asked.

“Yeah,” he said. “I don't understand the point of this. You graduate to do what? Go to more school?”

“But college is fun.”

“And then what? Go to work, drink, get married, have kids, grow old, and die? So boring. What's the point? So lame.”

“But that's life.”

“Well that's just lame. I want to be like Elvis. He was the king.”

“Elvis?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay…” The counselor took more notes.

-Donger-

He pressed his hands together. “I just want to be rich.”

The guidance counselor blinked. “Huh?”

“I want to live like a king. All of the money in world. I will have everything—money, gems, wine, women, and the power!”

“But that won't make you happy,” she said. Donger snorted.

“That's what the poor says to make themselves feel better,” he said.

“Right,” the counselor said. “Anything else?”

“No,” Donger said. “Just want to be rich.”

“Right…” she said. She took down more notes. Aside from Damon, the boys just don't have it together for their futures.

Sad, Just Sad