Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Fifteen: Chapter Forty-Three: Letting Go, Goodbye ( Chapter 43 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Letting Go, Goodbye

Graduation was in five days. Makoto sat in her living room. Nancy and Doll Face weren't much help anymore. Cello wasn't talking to her. The woman looked down at her bottle.

“Where did I go wrong?” Makoto asked. She sighed and finished the bottle. She looked at her phone. Nancy and Doll Face were in funk too.

“Want to go out to the club?” Nancy asked.

“I have a meeting with a client today,” Doll Face said.

“I don't feel like going out,” Makoto said.

“Cello's still leaving then?” Nancy asked. Makoto started to tear up again.

“She's leaving me!” she cried. “I can't stop her! She's going to leave me. She's going to actually do it!” Makoto broke down crying again.

“There, there,” Doll Face said. “It will be okay.”

“No!” her friend wailed. “It won't! I'll be all alone!”

“Is that really a bad thing?” Nancy asked. Makoto paused.

“I don't know…” she admitted. She looked down at her lap. “I don't know. I don't know.”

“I don't know what to do with myself either,” Doll Face confessed. Nancy and Makoto stared at her. The wine seller pressed her lips together and nodded.

“Christine has been the one I could tolerate the most,” she confessed. “She hasn't said what she's doing after graduation. I'm worried that she'll turn out like her brothers.” Doll Face lowered her head and groaned. Nancy looked around a sheepish.

“Uh… well…” she said. Her friends eyed her. The American woman lifted her head.

“Yes, I'm getting tired of partying all the time myself,” she admitted. “I… I just want a hop.” Makoto and Doll Face didn't know how to take this.

Back in present day, Makoto looked at her phone. Her friends were in the same boat as she was. She sighed and dropped her shoulders. As much as she hated to admit it, but it was time to let Cello go. What choice did she have? Her daughter was going to America whether she agreed or not. That didn't mean she had to like it.

Makoto shook her head. Might as well get this over with. She counted to ten before rising to her feet.

“I love you, dear,” she said to herself. “I love you and I want you to be happy.” Makoto took a deep breath.

“Good, that should do it,” she said. The woman began her march down the hall. This would suck, but what choice did she have? Graduation was in five days. Makoto can't stop that or Cello. Welcome to the real world, Makoto.

Bye-Bye Mama