Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cello Jello ❯ Vol. Fifteen: Chapter Forty-Five: Graduation Day ( Chapter 45 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Graduation Day

Cello smiled during the ceremony. She could hear freedom singing. Here it was. Cello got up early for this. Makoto watched as she got dressed.

“You look beautiful,” she said.

“Thanks,” her daughter said. She straightened the yellow bow in her hair.

“I'm heading out now,” she said.

“Take care,” Makoto said. Cello grabbed her bag and headed out of her room. Makoto wiped away a single tear.

--------

Cello stood among her graduating class. To her surprise, Sao and Christine were in the crowd as well. They barely did any class work. Sao even failed one class one year. Cello rubbed her forehead as she forced herself to smile. Lucky she had Damon by her side. She stole a glance as the graduation ceremony opened. He saw her too and held her hand. Cello smiled as held his hand back. They would leave on Saturday. Damon had the tickets and everything. The exchange program they were using would cover the expenses. Cello looked forward to her new life.

The principal gave his speech. Cello listened intently. She didn't expect Makoto to be here today. Things calmed down between them. Her mother no longer begged her to stay. She still wasn't happy about Cello's decision.

“Are you really going?” Makoto asked.

“Yes,” Cello said. “Don't try to stop me either.” Her mother's lips quivered as she tried not to cry.

“Okay,” she said. “Good luck.”

“Thank you,” Cello said.

The student lined up to receive their graduation certificates. Cello made it up to her turn in the line.

“Congratulations,” the teacher said. Cello's eyes widened as she took the scroll. It's here! Her ticket to freedom was in this scroll.

“T-T-Thank you!” she yelped, bowing. Another student had to pull her along. Cello returned back to her senses in time for the introducing messages from guests. She tried to keep up with the messages from the graduating students and students. The girl joined in with singing the school song. Sao and Christine looked so bored the whole time.

“Can we go now?!” Sao asked loud. “It's hot and I'm bored!” All eyes fell on her. Cello tried not to let it get to her. She wouldn't see her again, hopefully. The student on stage ignored her.

The ceremony ended before noon. Some of the students were planning to go the parties.

“Come out to party with us,” Christine said, tugging on Cello's arm. Cello pulled back.

“No thanks,” she said. “I want to go home.”

“Please?” Sao asked. Damon grabbed his girlfriend by the waist.

“Sorry, guys,” he said. “But she said no.” Sai and Christine said nothing and walked away. Cello looked up at Damon with relief in her eyes.

“I love you,” she said. Damon kissed her on the forehead. Cello smiled and giggled. They would be on a plane to America around this time. Her luck and future looked better already.

Future's so Bright