Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angels ❯ Vol 2: Chap 9. Death of Carly ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Death of Carly
Something's different with 3-M lately. She seemed to be more relaxed. Her comrades tried to understand why. They trailed the answer back to yesterday.
It all started with a call from out of the blue. Sarah was the one who picked it up.
“Hello?” she answered.
“Hi, I'm looking for Michella,” a soft voice said on the other line. The other girl became confused.
“I'm sorry,” Sarah said. “We don't have anybody here by that name.”
“You sure?” the voice asked. “She said call this number when I find her.”
“Sorry,” Sarah said. “You must have the wrong number.”
“But I could have sworn…”
“Sorry.”
Then, 3-M walked into the living room.
“Who's on the phone?” she whispered. Sarah looked up at her.
“Some girl asking for Michella,” she whispered back. 3-M's eyes shot wide.
“Give me that!” she yelped.
“Hey!” Sarah yelled as her older friend pulled the phone out of her hand. 3-M put the phone to her ear.
“Hello?” she asked, frantically.
“Michella?” the other girl asked.
“Carly!” 3-M cheered. “How are you?”
“Good, and you?”
“I'm fine.”
3-M got into a long conversation on the phone. Sarah watched on, confused. “Who's Carly?” she thought. The child listened on closely. Odd setting for her to behold. 3-M was actually… happy. Seemed like an irony.
3-M hung up the phone with a smile. Sarah blinked at her.
“Who was that?” she asked. Her older comrade turned to her with a smile.
“An old friend,” she replied. “Carly Snyder.” Sarah blinked again.
“I'm not familiar with her,” she said. 3-M smiled as she shook her head.
“She was never in the program,” she said. “I met her when we were six.”
“Ah,” Sarah said with a nod.
“Want to meet her?” 3-M asked.
“How?”
3-M leaned in so close that she was breathing on the bridge of Sarah's nose. The younger girl backed up some.
“She's coming tomorrow,” 3-M boasted.
“Ah,” Sarah said, nodding. Her comrade backed up, grinning. The younger girl said nothing. She wasn't use to seeing 3-M all happy like this.
The next day, the door bell rang. Rosa walked over and opened it. A small, thin blonde girl looked inside. She nervously bit her nails.
“Uh… is Michella here?” she asked. Rosa blinked at her.
“Huh?” she asked. “Who the hell are you?!?”
“An old friend,” Carly answered. The leader narrowed her eyes at her.
“Whatever,” she barked. Then, she tried to slam the door in Carly's face. The other girl knocked on the door.
“What?!?” Rosa snapped.
“I have to know if Michella's there!” Carly yelled.
“GO AWAY!!!” the leader yelled. Carly kept knocking.
“I SAID GO AWAY!” Rosa yelled.
“Rosa, please,” a familiar voice pleaded. Then came silence. The door opened wide. 3-M looked at her friend.
“Sorry about that,” she said. “My roommate can be such a bitch.” Carly nodded.
“No biggie,” she said. Her friend stepped aside.
“Come in,” she said. Her old pal did so. In the living room, the girls sat on the couch and talked. The roommates watched from the kitchen.
“Who is she?” Frances asked.
“An old friend of 3-M's,” Sarah replied. Rosa snorted.
“I don't trust her!” she snapped. The other two looked up.
“What do you mean?” Sarah asked.
“That bitch is up to something,” the leader declared.
“How do you mean?”
“Well, look at her!”
Sarah and Frances turned back to 3-M and Carly. 3-M was laughing now.
“Not that bad,” Frances replied. Rosa shook her head.
“I still don't trust the bitch,” she said.
“You don't trust anybody, do you?” Frances asked. Rosa didn't answer. They all turned back to 3-M and Carly.
The former angels weren't the only ones watching. Lord Derosslmeyer had been following Carly to the apartment. He had known about her for years. The mastermind did have 3-M's file after all. He found Carly useful. You see, they ran into each other earlier in the day. Carly was trying to find the apartment where the angels were. He guided her to them. She wrote the directions down on her pink Hello Kitty notepad. She smiled at him.
“Thank you sir,” she said. Then, the girl bowed and hurried away. But before she left, Derosslmeyer slipped her a little “gift.” He had been counting down ever since.
My little pet should come to life right about… now!” he thought as he watched them from the rooftop.
Suddenly, Carly broke down with a violent headache.
“Ahhh!” she screamed. “My head! My head!” 3-M began to panic.
“Carly!” she cried. “What's wrong?” Her childhood friend looked up with no words. Her brown eyes were now blood crimson. The devil seed bug had taken over. Carly lounged forward and grabbed 3-M by the neck.
“What are you doing?!?” she screamed. Carly wasn't there anymore. She was just a dead doll. Sarah pulled out a kitchen knife to counter. Frances held out her arm to block her.
“Let me go save her!” the little girl screamed.
“It's not necessary,” the big girl replied.
“What?!?”
“Look!”
Sarah looked forward at where Frances pointed. In an instant, Carly's blood gusted from her mouth like a bomb and collapsed to the floor. 3-M sat up panting. Her roommates rushed over to her.
“3-M!” Sarah cried. “Are you alright?” Her older comrade looked up at Carly's body. All of the color just drained from her whole body.
“She's dead!” she whispered. “SHE'S DEAD!!!”
Error in Transmission