Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gakt ❯ Love Fails ( Chapter 18 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Love Fails:
December 21st, 2007.
*Meri*
This place makes me shudder. I lived in this apartment complex? It looked like a cross between a graveyard and junkyard. I called this place home for months? It disgusts me now. But, I can't focus on that. There is some business I have to deal with first.
I drew in a deep breath and walked forward. Up the stairs. Straight to the door. Knock once. Tell him it's over and leave.
Got it. I began my walk into the dead yard. I got halfway in and paused. Gakt sat in the yard, glaring at me. He clutched a beer bottle in his hand. The hate in his eyes was just as strong as ever. I paused hard, but didn't show my fear.
“Hello Gakt,” I said. “How are you today?” He didn't speak. I readied myself for the rest.
“I came to get my things,” I lied. Gakt looked at me.
“Why?” he asked. I swallowed hard and clenched my fists.
“I'm leaving you!” I blurred out. I waited for him to speak. Silence. I gritted my teeth. Come on!, I thought. Say something, damn it! Gakt shook his head.
“No, you're not,” he said.
“Yes, I am,” I replied.
“No, you're not.”
“Why is that?”
Gakt set down his beer bottle on the dead grass. “Because, we still have to go to California.”
I shook my head. “I can't, Gakt.”
I could tell by his face that that wasn't what he wanted to hear. Gakt rose to his feet and stomped over to me. I prepared to fight back like Dr. Doi advised me to do. Gakt came within inches of my face. He gritted what I thought were his fangs at me as he grabbed me by my dress.
“Listen here, bitch!” he snapped. “You're going to California with me whether you want to or not! You got me?!?”
“No!” I cried. “I'm leaving you for good!” Gakt let go of my dress.
“You!” he barked at me. He raised his hand to hit me once more. I shielded myself as I trembled at last in fear. When nothing came, I looked up to see Gakt smirking at me as he shook his head.
“Truly pathetic,” I heard him mumble. Then, I watched as he walked back into that dead building. For once, I wasn't scared anymore. Instead, I felt pissed off. I clenched my fists tighter and mashed my teeth. My face felt hot.
“Fuck you, Gakt!” I cried. “You're the pathetic one!” I didn't stick around for a response. I just turned and walked away.
I never saw Gakt again after that.
Six Months Later…
Tokyo, Japan.
Two pretty college freshman girls, one with black hair and the other with red, walked into a bar near Todai. Their short skirts caught everyone's attention. One pair of eyes stayed on the girls intently. The ladies made it up to the bar and ordered their drinks. The red-haired girl felt someone tap her on the shoulder. She turned and saw a handsome devil staring back at her. He grinned as she blushed at him.
“Good evening,” he said. “My name is Gakt. What's yours?”
Love Will be Just a Bloodsport