Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gay For You ❯ The Reunion ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Ethan had known Adrian since they were young. They were very good friends, even though at times they had their fights and differences. It was very rare if you ever see the two apart. Like Siamese twins, they were joined at the hip and it would take a crowbar or more to pry the two apart. However, that all changed when they entered high school. Lots of people say that it's then when friendships are tested; who will fall for peer pressure and who won't.
 
Ethan could have sworn he wasn't the type to let what people thought of him affect him in any way, but that was before his true feelings emerged. He knew they were “wrong” in the eyes of most; the lust that was cast over him by just the simple sway of the hips from his friend, it nearly sent him into frenzy. But that's all it was…lust, or so he thought. Of course he assumed that everyone went through the stage of being attracted to the same sex; some were just more outright than others.
 
Never assume…..
 
That's what he had been told in school; assuming was wrong and in this occasion his teachers were right. To assume all boys lusted for a log to snog and be screwed with, that was way off! The prospect was interesting, but there was only a handful he could find that would openly act or admit to ever feeling those emotions and those boys just happened to be gay or bisexual and neither option were looking good to Ethan. He was almost positive that he wasn't gay. He stilled like looking at girls, touching them, kissing them and all that good stuff, yet there was Adrian; a walking contradiction to all he thought he was. Every time he saw that long raven hair, he smiled. Every time he saw those sparkling blue eyes, he melted.
 
It was like Adrian held some kind of hold; a spell of some sort over him that he just couldn't break. Ethan would find himself staring at the boy's ass, drooling at times as well; eyes glued to the fit form of the soccer player. A dangerous and embarrassing thing to do, especially around his new friends he made that were straight as pins and certainly would de-friend him if they ever caught him staring.
 
And that's how Ethan came to the conclusion: if he was going to survive high school in one piece, he had to stop hanging around Adrian; he was just hazardous to health! It pained him though, to watch those blue eyes fill with sadness as Ethan brush him off for his other friends. The last thing he wanted was to hurt Adrian, but he didn't worry, he knew Adrian would make new friends and once Ethan finally cleared away the confusion to figure out which side he played for, they could get back together and be friends, because Ethan swore he was straight.
 
That was three years ago and for three years they never spoke or hung out; just saw each other around school. Each gave the awkward eye glance acknowledgement, waiting for the other to say something yet knowing they wouldn't and just continued walking.
 
Adrian's life was a complete mystery to Ethan now, but the dirty blond had his own life to worry about. He had a girlfriend, was applying to the same college as her, working hard to get good grades, getting blowjobs and pussy every time they were alone. Life was good.
 
But it didn't stay that way for long.
 
It was late in the afternoon on a Friday. Like all Friday's, Ethan had stayed after school in the library working on the homework that he knew would never get done if he waited till he got home. Dark clouds were looming in the skies outside; his cue to leave.
 
As he left the building, heading to the front, he faintly heard a commotion coming from near the gym not far away. He knew the soccer team had been practicing for their up and coming big game, but they weren't the types to create commotion; unlike the jocks residing in the football and basketball teams.
 
It seemed very odd to him, but what struck his curiosity most were they faint cheers of “fight”, and slander that he couldn't really make out. With nothing better to do, Ethan altered his course and made his way to the gym. With each step he took, the voices grew louder and clearer. He determined there was at least three on the side lines, two bullies and of course the one being bullied and he also determined it wasn't coming from the gym, but from the locker room across the way.
 
Being as stealthy as a ninja….after tripping over his own feet, Ethan pushed open the door to the locker room and peered in. He wasn't disappointed with what he saw; his calculations having been correct. He was shocked to see that it was Adrian who was being pushed around by the others though. Adrian was always good at making and keeping friends and what was worse was that it was his own team mates doing the bulling. Curious, Ethan decided to listen before jumping in there to save his friend.
 
“You stupid little fag.” Hissed the team leader, who was also one of the schools bullies; Roy. “Did you think we wouldn't find out?” he asked as he pushed Adrian down on his ass and held out his hand, and shortly after a notebook was placed in his hand.
 
“Exhibit A thru Z.” said a lackey with a sneer.
 
“Hey! That's my notebook!” Adrian called, climbing to his feet only to be roughly pushed down by two other boys. “You can't go through my personal belongings like that!” he protested.
 
“Shut up faggot. Look at this shit! “Mrs. Ethan Douglas” with a heart drawn around it. As if. Do you think he's gay?”
 
“Well…”
 
“Shut up! No one said you could speak. Ethan is one of us; straight. We know him better than you do, there's no way he would put up with you fag ass. And we won't either. You're off the team.” Roy growled as he glared down at the gaping mouth Adrian.
 
“What? But I'm your star player!”
 
“No, I'm the star player, you're a nobody.” Roy hissed as he threw the notebook down. “Clean out your locker!” he ordered as he turned and left with his friends.
 
Ethan moved and hid behind one of the beams and waited before the group passed before even daring to set another foot back towards the locker room. Peeking in once more, he watched as Adrian worked on cleaning out his locker and felt a wave of guilt rush over him.
 
Sure, hearing such confessions, and knowing they were true by the evidence that had been presented before Adrian shocked the shit out of him. All those confusing emotions from years prior came rushing back, hitting him like a ton of a bricks. Adrian had liked him…and for three years Ethan ignored him. He couldn't have had something with Adrian back when his lust was running rampant through his body. But he didn't and because he was a coward and didn't take the change to tell his friends his true feelings, they stopped being friends and made everyone believe he like girls only…
 
He did, didn't he? Of course he did. Being away from Adrian had made him see that he like women only….but once again, there he was, staring at Adrian's body. He felt an overwhelming sense of love flow through him. All he wanted to do was go to the boy and hug him, kiss him and tell him everything was going to be alright. But was it really love? Were these feelings true or did he just feel guilty for dropping Adrian like that instead of experimenting, proving he was straight and letting Adrian down that way.
 
This was such a struggle for Ethan. He torn into two and both sides were yanking with all their might to pull him one way or the other. On the one hand, he was very happy with who was with now. Karen was such a wonderful girl to have a around; caring and kind and was actually pushing for Ethan to get back with Adrian and resume their friendships. He loved her, or so he thought. On the other hand, he had known Adrian ever since they were little. They stuck by each other through the chicken pocks, family death first day of school in every grade except for recently. Who knew him better than his childhood friend? No one did and that's what Ethan loved about Adrian, beyond the beautiful body and hot ass was the personality that made him smile, the tenderness and care that shone through his eyes that made Ethan melt; the ability to know when Ethan wanted to be alone or really wanted the company, no matter what his mood turned out to be.
 
To basically sum it all up, Adrian was like his soul mate, the one person that seemed to be able to complete him in such a way, on such an intimate level that no other bonds could even come close to in comparison. He knew all along that something was wrong, that something was missing while away from Adrian. It just didn't seem right, but he had been so sure that Adrian was straight and that he too was straight and now…
 
Now he was standing there, second guessing himself once again, trying to determine what was right and what was wrong; the truth and the lies. The line was so blurred to him, yet something inside him was telling him that Adrian was the one, the one he should be with, laughing and hugging, kissing and fucking, not some woman he found out of sheer convince for his confusing mind.
 
But after three years, was Adrian still willing to be with him. Not even in a relationship, but still willing to be his friend. That was the major question that needed to be asked. Ethan acted like a jackass towards the boy for so long and then suddenly he wanted to be with him again. He needed to stop and think, how was this going to look to Adrian; obviously not good but still, would he accept it with open arms, or would he rebel and turn his back on his friend like Ethan had done to him?
 
The only possible way that Ethan could find this out was if he grew the balls to walk into the locker room and find out. It wasn't an easy task either. He spent nearly five minutes trying to work up the courage to go in, but something stopped him every time and made him want to run and cower and give up on it all. So it seemed fate decided to take matters into her own hands and move the little drama scene along.
 
Two bodies collided as one was entering the locker room and the other was exiting. It was just like the movies, both fell to the ground, Adrian on the bottom with Ethan on top, shocked expressions on both of their faces. Silence passed between the two for a long time until one thought it was appropriate to break it.
 
“Oh gosh, I'm sorry Adrian.” Ethan apologized as he got to his feet quickly before something embarrassing became noticeable. Holding his hand out for the other, looked at the ground at the fallen books and sighed. He was just so stupid!
 
Looking up at who used to be his best friend, Adrian blinked a few times before taking the offered hand and smiled softly, shaking his head at the apology.
 
“No, it's alright. I didn't think anyone was still here, I kind of stormed out of the place” he explained as he turned and bent over, collecting his things that had went flying at the collision.
 
It wasn't fair…it just wasn't fair and Ethan knew that. The fall, and now this! That ass was just so tempting. It was hard for Ethan to resist the urge to move up behind Adrian start humping him like a horny dog in heat. He just had to remind himself that they weren't friends yet. Things had to be worked out first; trust had to be re-established before he could even think of thinking about making a move on the other.
 
“No really, it's my fault.” Ethan said as he moved and belt down to help collect all the items as well, handing them over to Adrian. “I wasn't paying attention. If had had been, I would have seen the door opening and would have moved” he said as he stood up and dusted his pants off, just really to give him something to do while Adrian put his things away.
 
“It's alright Ethan. Don't worry about it.” came the sweet shy reply. God how sinful his name sounded coming from that sweet mouth. That silky voice just letting each syllable roll off that smooth pink tongue, it was like a wet dream come true.
 
“So, what are you still doing here? It's Friday, why aren't you home or out with your girlfriend?” he asked, head cocking to the side in the most curious way as he stared at his best friend…or back when they used to be best friends.
 
“Well yeah, it is Friday and I tend to stay late and get a head start on any of the homework I have for over the weekend and hopefully finish them all before I go home. I know for a fact nothing will get done once I'm home.” Ethan explained slowly with a small laugh like it was the most obvious thing in the world, which in his mind it should be.
 
But he should remember Adrian didn't know. Adrian had no clue what Ethan's life was like now since they stopped talking. So to him it wasn't obvious and it hurt him deeply that Ethan was talking to him like a dumb little five year old kid who's asking fifty different questions about life and God. He wanted to say so badly how he didn't know and how they never spoke, but Adrian was just afraid it would open a giant wound and he didn't want that. His heart was already racing from the fact Ethan could have over heard the conversation the captain and his lackeys had with Adrian and how they kicked him off the team. He was thankful though that Ethan hadn't mentioned it, but wondered if he would.
 
“Oh, well I suppose that makes sense.” Adrian said with a nod as he looked around at the very empty school yard and knew that they should be leaving unless they wanted to spend the weekend locked in the campus. “Well, I guess I should get going then. Unlike you, nothing at home will stop me from doing homework. It's always quiet around there.” He said as he moved to push past his friend. He was stopped as a tan hand reached out and grabbed his arm, yanking him gently, just enough to make him stop and turn back around.
 
“Hey….look Adrian, I know things haven't been the same between us for a while now.” Ethan started, eyes looking at anything and everything possible but Adrian's face.
 
“I would consider three years more like a life time than a while Ethan.” he sassed back at him with a shake of his head. “Look, I don't need to hear any excuse for the way you've acted. It's normal I suppose. You enter high school and your world changes. You meet people you have more in common with and other friends just fall the to waist side. It's no big deal. Lots of people do that.” Adrian tried to justify what his friend did. It made Ethan feel just a little better that Adrian understood on some degree, but there was still that whole chunk of his life that Adrian still didn't know about and wondered that if Ethan told him, would he still be so kind and accepting.
 
“Well it's not just that.” Ethan started up again; figuring might as well try and explain. He had nothing left to lose as it was. Adrian was already out of his life, it was sheer luck they were even talking at the moment anyway, he really didn't expect anything good to come out of this meeting.
 
“Look, there have been these emotions I've been dealing with for about maybe five years now that have really gotten me confused…”
 
“And it deals with me doesn't it? That's why you drop-kicked me to the curb isn't it?” Adrian asked, hurt laced in his voice, discomfort etched into his body language as he fidgeted from his spot across the male. “Really, Ethan, I don't need to know any reasons. It's okay.” He tried again, hoping to end the conversation that was taking a direction in which he didn't like.
“No, Adrian you should really know this. I mean, we were best friends up until three years ago. We were inseparable. Don't you remember how your sister used to tease us that we would never have girlfriends, but marry each other we were so close?”
 
“Ethan honestly, I don't need to know this. I really wish to forget our past alright? I've done fine on my own and everything and so have you, so let's just forget about this meeting, go our separate ways and continue living our lives like we have been.”
 
“Adrian would you just shut the fuck up for five minutes and listen to me?!” Ethan all but shouted at his friend, getting very frustrated the other wouldn't stop talking. The shout came as a great shock to Adrian, who bowed his head and fiddled with his thumb as he waited for Ethan to continue on.
 
“Adrian…for the past five years I've been struggling with myself, trying to figure out my preference.” Ethan said, waiting to see if the other would interrupt him again. When Adrian didn't, he continued on. “I always thought it was normal to be checking guys out you know? That everyone did it, so I just went with my feelings until we entered high school and I met my new friends. It was then I discovered that my feelings weren't “normal” and that I shouldn't be looking at guys.” He said, taking in a deep breath, letting it out slowly as he worked up the courage to say his next sentence.
 
“That's why I stopped being your friend. My feelings for you…towards you weren't normal and I swear to all that is holy I'm straight. I mean….being around you I could never find myself doing all the normal guy things. I couldn't joke around with you about girls or just sit around with you in our underwear watching soccer because when I'm with you all I think about you. You're eyes and smile, how badly I want to hold you and kiss you. That's just not right.
 
“So I hung out with my other friends. I thought maybe if I stayed away from you long enough I could find out how straight I was. I found my girlfriend that way and don't get me wrong or anything, I do like her a lot and things we do are great, but it's nothing compared to the feelings I feel every time I see you walk by, or play at your games.” He said softly and leaned back against the wall near him. Adrian raised his head and looked tentatively up at Ethan; his own emotions racing through his mind in a swirl of a confused mess that brought forth a wave of dizziness.
 
“What are you saying Ethan?” he asked softly as he reached out and held onto the beam to his left for support.
 
“I heard what was going on in the locker room Adrian. What they did wasn't fair to you.” He said. Hazel eyes watched as Adrian's body tensed, head lowering as if expecting a harsh blow. “Adrian, if I had known you felt that way about me, I wouldn't have left you. I wouldn't have doubted myself as much as I did. Sure I would have wondered what it would be like with a girl, to compare it with you to make sure I did swing your way, but I wouldn't have left you.” He said softly, a deep sad sigh leaving his lips.
 
“Adrian, I can't say this with all certainty, but I can say this with a hundred percent pure emotion backing it up; I love you and I think you're the only boy who would ever make me feel the way I feel for you. When I'm near you Adrian, I can only stare at you, at your beauty. My heart flutters in my chest and my lips go dry and on more than one occasion my dick gets hard.” He said and laughed at the blush that spread its way across Adrian's lips.
 
“Ethan please, don't say this if you don't mean it.” Adrian begged as he looked into his eyes, pleading silently with them to not break his heart.
 
“I wouldn't say this if I didn't mean it. Adrian I'm still attracted to women and some men do catch my attention. So it's hard to tell if I swing one way or another, but god, I've never been so certain in my life that you and me belong together; that I love you so much.” He said.
 
“But three years Ethan? It took you three years?” he asked.
 
“It takes people a lot longer than three years to figure something like this out and by then, the person they want to be with is already taken. I'm just lucky that you aren't taken yet. You don't know how much courage it's taken for me to say all that's' been on my mind for so long. I'm risking a lot right now; my girlfriend, my friends but damn it Adrian you are more important to me than them!” he said.
 
“Ethan….I-I don't know if I can accept your declaration. You hurt me so bad and now I lost my position on the soccer team and I know by Monday all the kids will know my feelings for you and the punches will come.” he said as he looked away then. His heart wanted so desperately to be with Ethan, his body as well, but his mind was trying to be rational and sort things through and kept telling him that the pain and the tears Ethan caused him was just too great to let him come crawling back so easily.
 
It was hard to see the turmoil that Adrian was in, the inner battle between his brain and heart that was ragging on inside him, tearing him into two different directions. Ethan didn't want to push anything onto the other, but he did want to help make it easier for Adrian to decide. Pushing off the wall, he moved to his lost friend and wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled him back against his chest, chin resting on the top of Adrian's head.
 
Being six foot with a friend who was only five-foot-six had its advantages of feeling so tall. The body before him tensed at the touch before slowly relaxing in his arms and leaning back against him.
 
“Adrian, whatever you choose, I do hope we can be friends again.” he whispered into his ear, tongue snaking out the lick over the lobe teasing and lovingly.
 
“It's just….I want you to be sure that I'm the one you want to be with. I don't want you to be with me, decide you don't swing this way and leave me. My heart can't take you walking out again. Please Ethan….you have to be sure.”
 
“And how do you purpose I be sure. I've only been with a woman.” Ethan reminded him as fingers ran smoothly over the flat plane of Adrian's well defined abs.
 
“I would say have sex with me if only I was sure I wouldn't get attached, but I'm not even sure of that.” He whispered as he turned his head to the side, catching a glimpse of Ethan from his peripheral vision.
 
“That sounds like an idea to me. But I don't want to hurt you anymore Adrian.” Ethan told him as he turned him around. Leaning in, he kissed him gently before pulling back and smiled.
 
“Let's go to my house. My parents are gone on a business trip.” Adrian whispered, blushing as he realized he just asked Ethan to come over and screw him. Never in a million years did he ever think he would have enough courage to ask his best friend to fuck him. But in his heart of hearts he hoped deeply that something more would come out of this than just a one night stand.
 
“Alright, I'll meet you there after dinner alright? You know how crazy my parents are if I don't check in and tell them where I'm going.” Ethan said with a laugh.
 
“Yeah I know. Then I'll see you then.”
 
“You better believe it. I'm not the type to leave my date hanging.” Ethan purred lowly, giving Adrian a wicked grin as he leaned in and caught the other's lips once more before pulling back. “I'll be over around six. You better be ready and waiting for my baby.” He purred. Adrian nodded as he stared up at Ethan with cloudy eyes of lust and love.
 
“Yeah, I'll be waiting.” He whispered dreamily. Ethan laughed as he turned Adrian around and gave him a little push to get him moving in the right direction, not far behind him as they walked to the front of the school, leaving the horrible campus before they got locked in. Both were thinking and day dreaming about the night to come in less then four hours.