Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Eleven, Chap. Twenty-one: Mimi Wolf ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Mimi Wolf
Nothing really surprises Mimi anymore. Twenty-five years old and she’s already seen just about everything that was tossed in her direction. Because she has seen and been through so much, that it has toughened her up. Her outward appearance of an aged and seemingly permanent frown scares most of the girls in the club. You would think that would put off the men too, right?
Instead, the men try to find out what would make Mimi soften up. Each night that they failed would bring more curiosity every time she appeared on stage. She came up in many conversations with their girls in between shows.
“Does she ever cry?” Sunny asked with two girls on his lap. Brit choked back a laugh at the bar. The trio turned their eyes upon her.
“Is there something funny?” the mob prince asked. Brit suddenly drew her mouth closed.
“No,” the boozy stripper answered in a small voice. Further down the bar, Mimi rolled her eyes. Idiot, she thought as she downed her sake. She didn’t really click well with the girls because of her hardcore exterior. It didn’t really bother; Mimi wasn’t looking for a friend anyway. Even Sandra didn’t quite understand why she would want this job either.
“Why would you want to work here?” she asked on the first job interview. Mimi shrugged her shoulders.
“I figured that I would come here because I need to work,” she answered with her raspy voice.
“How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?” the boss asked.
“Twenty-five,” Mimi answered. Sandra looked rather thrown off with the wrinkles on the candidate’s face. She would’ve guessed that she was in her late thirties.
“And how old were you when you started bar tending?” the boss asked.
“Seventeen,” the candidate answered. Sandra paused over her notes when she heard that response.
“Excuse me?” she asked.
“That’s what I said,” Mimi answered.
“How did you manage to work in a bar at young age?” the boss asked rather shocked. The candidate rolled back her shoulders.
“My mom owned the bar with her boyfriend,” she replied. Sandra pretty much kept Mimi around because she wanted to know more about her after that first exchange.
Originally, Mimi just wanted to work as a bar tender. She was comfortable with that position with the first ten nights. It was Izzie that first suggested that she go on stage.
“Me dance on stage?” the guff bar tender asked. “Are you crazy?”
“Why not?” Izzie asked.
“I don’t dance,” Mimi told her. The night queen gave her a sweet little smile.
“Why not?” she asked again. “You have the body for it. Why not give it a shot?”
“No,” Mimi said through gritted teeth. Izzie wouldn’t let up, however. After five nights, Mimi finally put up her hands.
“Fine,” she hissed. “I’ll do it.” Izzie clapped her hands together with a smile on her face.
“You won’t regret it!” she announced. Mimi rolled her eyes. Whatever, you liar, she thought. To her surprise, she found that she enjoyed dancing on the stage. Something about it let her disconnect herself and box herself away to the sea of hungry eyes. Ironically, she can’t stand Bianca.
“Why don’t you like her?” Serenity asked her last night. Mimi crinkled her nose as she frowned.
“That girl is so stupid,” she said.
“Why is that?” the young stripper again.
“She doesn’t realize a good thing that she has in front of her,” the tough dancer answered with a snort. “That girl is beyond hope.” Serenity tilted her head at her.
“What about you?” she asked. Mimi gave her a strange look as she handed her the glass of juice she ordered.
“What about me?” she asked. Serenity took the glass with a smile on her face.
“Do you realize a good thing in front of you?” she asked. Mimi paused at that question. The younger woman could’ve sworn that she saw her blushing for only a quick second.
“Mimi?” she asked. The bar tender/dancer cleared her throat.
“You can say that,” was all that she would answer. Mimi turned back to the drinks for the other customers and girls. In her mind, she counted down to when he would be arriving tonight.
Tough Ice