Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Sixteen, Chap. Thirty-One: Pink Awkward ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Pink Awkward

Charlotte and Tony have known each other since their college years. He hadn't expected her to find her as a stripped in an exotic exclusive club. When he saw her, he didn't know what to think.

“How did you end up dancing for money?” Tony asked after hours. Charlotte shrugged her bare shoulders.

“It just happens,” she said.

“But why?”

She lowered her head. “I was at a low point in my life.”

“What happened to that girl who wanted to change the world?”

“She's still here. She just saw reality.”

“And you call this reality?”

Charlotte clenched her fists at her sides. “Look! Why do you care so much?!”

“Because this isn't you!”

“And how do you know me?!”

Tony pulled her by the waist into his arms. “Because I like you, okay?” Charlotte gave him a blank stare.

“What?” she asked. It donned on Tony what he had just said.

“I…” he muttered. The old friend let go of her waist. “It's nothing, forget I said anything!”

“Tony?”

“Forget it!” He waved her off as he hurried away down the street.

-----------

Ever since then, the pair couldn't really talk to each other like the good old days. Still, he comes to the club. Tony felt that this was the only way that he could keep watch over her. She's too good for this place, he thought. How could she have fallen so far? Tony lowered his head in his hands.

I have to save her from this place, he thought. However, he didn't know where to start. Charlotte had so many fans here. They didn't want her to leave. Tony downed another shot. What has become of her? He remembered a girl who wanted to become prime minister and change the country for the better. Tony leaned away from the bar, sighing.

I can't stand this! Tony happened to look up and see the bar tender staring at him. “What?” he asked. The bar tender shrugged as he shook his head.

“Nothing,” he said. “Just doing my job.” The bar tender paused as he held that thought. “Though, I have to wonder why you always come here frowning at Charlie.” The customer tilted his head at him.

“Charlie?” he asked.

“Charlotte,” the bar tender answered.

“Ah.”

“Tell me something, do you have a thing for her?”

Tony sighed as he slid his glass forward. The bar tender gave him a rich smile.

“I knew it,” he said. “You might as well give up.”

“Huh?” Tony asked.

“She's out of your reach.”

“Don't tell me that. I have to save her.”

“But why?”

Tony gave him a serious look as he clutched his glass in his hand. “I won't give up on her! Charlotte's better than all of this! She doesn't need to be in a place like this!” He lowered his head on his arm. Why did it come to this? However, it would get weirder that night.

“Excuse me! What's going on here?!”

Tony jerked his head upwards to see Shu getting into a fight with Sam and Izzie further down the bar. The younger man's face twisted into shock.

“Is that… Hill-sensei?” he asked. Tony had no idea how badly this would snowball for him in the hours to follow.

The Ties that Bound Us All