Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Fifteen, Chap. Thirty: Cupid is Jealous ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cupid is Jealous

However, Sam isn't the only one who loves Izzie. She is the queen on the club, so it would make sense. In a normal situation, Sam wouldn't stand a chance. Yet, she's shown a strong interest in him. The old professor doesn't understand why.

“Why do you like me so much?” he asked her one night. Izzie looked him in the eye with no emotion on her face.

“Does there have to be a reason?” she asked. He looked down into his empty glass.

“I can't really say,” he replied.

“Well, there you go.”

“But still…” Sam's words trailed as the condensation ran down his glass. “Never mind.”

“What were you going to say?”

“Nothing.”

“Well then, why do you like me so much?”

Sam lifted his head, staring. The sincerity of her question threw him for a loop. He didn't expect it to go beyond the club like this. As far as Sam understood, this club only ran on fantasies and fleeting happiness. He didn't expect things to evolve into whatever this was. He quietly looked down at his glass.

“You make me feel wanted,” he confessed in a low voice. She rested her chin on his shoulder.

“I'm glad that I can make you feel that way,” Izzie admitted in his ear. Her perfume made him feel so warm in the chest.

However, Sam isn't the only one who desires Izzie. An old flame named Shu won't like her go. He managed to track her down to the Gentleman's Club five weeks earlier. Initially, he watched from a distance. He didn't have any plan ready to approach her. Shu wasn't always the best with displaying affection or his true feelings. In their earlier years together, they only talked and admired each other from a distance.

Tonight changed everything.

Shu couldn't stand seeing Izzie and Sam together being so close. Something in him snapped and he found himself walking over to the couple. All of Izzie's other admirers watched with intent.

What's going on here? Their eyes stay fixed on Shu as he walked up to his crush and her man.

“Excuse me!” he shouted. “What's going on here?!” The dancer and her potential lover looked up to see the big, muscled man frowning at them. Izzie narrowed her eyes at him.

“I'm sorry,” she said. “Do I know you?”

“It's me!” Shu shouted. “Don't you remember, Izzie?” The dancer tilted her head at him.

“I'm sorry, but I don't,” she said.

“Who is this?” Sam asked.

“I don't know,” the queen answered. The professor reached for her hand, but Shu smacked it away as fast as he could.

“Ow!” Sam howled.

“Stop that!” Izzie shouted, shielding her date. Shu looked at her with big, disappointed eyes.

“You choose him over me?” he asked. “Izzie, I loved you so much! How could you?!” Shu turned his attention onto Sam. “You!” he barked. “You stole her away from me! Give her back! Give her back! Give her back!” Her admirers had to pry him and throw him out of the club before things grew ugly. Izzie turned to a visibly shaken-up Sam. She pulled him into her arms.

“I am so sorry for this,” the queen whispered. “I really am.” Normally, that would scare off any sane man from the Queen of the Night. Instead, Sam pulled her closer into his arms.

“I won't leave you,” he whispered. “I won't.” However, it might not be that easy as it was being said. Sam and Izzie needed to be certain before they could build their hopeful future together.

Love Triangle