Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Seventeen, Chap. Thirty-Four: Crashing Down ( Chapter 34 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Crashing Down

-Serenity-

I didn't expect that bastard to get me where it really hurts. I got the inevitable text after class.

See me after class. Love Miki.

At first, I thought something bad had happened to him. I typed back a message.

What's the problem?

The next message I saw just made my stomach drop. He sent me that same image of me dancing on the pole. My eyes widened as I hit reply.

How did you get this picture?!

He didn't reply to my message. That was enough to send me running down the hall. I didn't even listen to the teachers yelling at me to slow down. Did he just… No! No! I found Miki waiting in the school garden. To my horror, he wasn't happy to see me at all. I already prepared to try and smooth things over.

“What's going on?” I asked. Miki frowned as he showed me that damn picture again.

“What the hell is this?” he asked. My eyes moved down to my feet.

“It's my night job,” I said.

“You work at a strip club?!”

I jerked my eyes upwards. “What choice do I have? I'm doing it to support Atsushi.”

“There are better jobs in this country!”

“Like what? None of the other jobs make enough to support a teenage boy.” He just had to ask the question that would hurt me the worst.

“If you're so proud of your `job' then why did you lie about it?” Miki asked. I drew my mouth closed. I tried not to think about that answer before. He threw his hands up into the air.

“I don't believe this!” he shouted.

“I had to do what I had to do!”

“How can you parade yourself around like that in front of those men? How many have you slept with?”

“None!”

“Why should I believe you?”

“I'm still a virgin!”

“You're probably lying about that too!”

At this point, I wanted to scream. “See? This is why I didn't want to tell you! You wouldn't understand what I have to deal with!”

“Then make me understand!” he shouted. The way he said it made him sound like a spoiled little child. I rolled my eyes.

“I don't have time for this!” I shouted. I turned to walk away, but Miki grabbed me by the wrist.

“Take your hand off of me!” I shouted as I tried to pull away. “Let me go!”

“We're not done talking!” he yelled.

“Yes, we are! We are going to America this summer!”

I whirled around with fire in my eyes. “What makes you think I want to go anywhere with you?!”

“Because you need to.”

“I need to take care of my brother!”

The next thing he said just killed everything between us. “Can your step-father take him?”

I stared at him with wide eyes. “What did you just say?”

“Your step-father can take care of him,” Miki repeated. I couldn't believe he would have the audacity to say such a thing after I told him the horror stories of that monster. Leaving Atsushi in that bastard's care would be the worst thing I could do. Rage took over and before I knew it, I slapped Miki with my free hand.

“You and I are finished!” I shouted. I freed myself from his grasp and stormed off, thinking I was done with men. But, as they say, when one love ends, another one starts. To my surprise, it didn't take me long to realize this.

Love Dies