Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Eighteen, Chap. Thirty-Five: Man of Innocence ( Chapter 35 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Man of Innocence

-Cam-

I didn't really enjoy partying. I just usually stayed in my dorm and studied all evening. I had no desire to engage in vice. (That wasn't my thing.) My classmates even made fun of me for being a light-weight with drinking.

“Why can't you hold your liquor?” they would ask.

“I don't know,” I answered. “My dad asks me the same thing.” I tried to laugh it off in the end. I just didn't party.

That was until I met her.

I was studying in my read when my cell phone buzzed. I reached over and slid my finger across the screen.

Party tonight at Sato's! Bring your own beer!

I shook my head and deleted the message. I was about to go back to my textbook when I received another text. What is it now?

Come and meet me at the Gentleman's Club! :-* :-* :-*

I was tempted to delete it, but something about the kissy faces gave me reason to pause. I didn't recognize the number on the screen. The more I re-read the message, the more I had to learn about the sender. I hit the call button.

“Hello?” a woman's voice asked. I gulped as I sat up straight in my chair.

“Uh… I just got your text,” I said.

“Okay…” this lady said. I had never heard this voice before in my life. How did this lady even get my number?

“Are you inviting me to a party or something?” I asked.

“If that's what you want,” she said. I wanted to hang up and go back to my studies. I have no idea what brought me to do what came next.

“How do I get to this Gentleman's Club?” I asked.

“I'm texting you the directions right now,” this lady said. Once I got the notification and the directions, I was out the door.

---------

The club didn't impress me at all. I looked at the building and shrugged. Wow, couldn't they make it a little bit fancier? They barely even have the neon lights. Still, I came all this way. I walked up to the guard at the door. I cleared my throat.

“Good evening,” I said. The guard didn't even take off his shades.

“Pass, please?” he asked. His booming voice could shake the very ground we stood him. It took me a couple of seconds to snap out of it to respond.

“Oh, right,” I said. I pulled out my cell phone and showed him the original text. He didn't say a word as he moved aside.

“Oh thank you,” I said, bowing. I followed the pounding music inside. Was there such thing as too many flashing pink lights? Initially, I was just going to check things out and go back to my dorm. I still wasn't into the party-thing. Why would I be? I'm just a huge study nerd in college. It I got back, I would probably make it back before sunrise.

However, when I stepped into the club, I saw her for the first time.

Serenity was dancing on stage that night. The faded lilac lights flashed on her skin as she circled the pole. My eyes stayed glued with her every movement. When a cocktail waitress tried to serve me a drink, but I pushed her away. As if in a daze, I walked up to the sliver stage. I could almost smell Serenity's perfume. When she turned on the pole, our eyes met for only a second. One look was all it took, to be honest with you. I couldn't even hear the men shouting and whistling in the crowd. It felt like I had vanished into my own world. I came back when I noticed her walking back stage. Without a single thought, I began slipping through the crowd to follow her.

It sounded random, but I felt that I had to have her.

Innocence Dying Away