Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gentleman's Club ❯ Vol. Twenty-Six, Chap. Fifty-One: Big Announcement ( Chapter 51 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Big Announcement

Sandra called all of the workers and patrons to the club. She said that she had a big announcement to make. Everyone wondered what it was. The dancers already knew what was coming. They couldn't Sandra out of her decision.

“And you are okay with this?” Mimi asked the night before.

“Yes,” Sandra said. She made preparations for everything. Sam already had the apartment purchased in Tokyo. She called him up last night.

“I am ready,” Sandra told him.

“I will be waiting,” he said. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” she said. Tonight, Sandra stood back stage and straightened her tie. She wore her best suit to say goodbye.

--------

Packed house tonight. The staff blended in with the patrons. Whispers filled the room as they stared at the empty stage in front of them. What was so big that she had to call them out so late.

“Is there going to be a new attraction?”

“Is she going to move the club?”

“Will there be another club?”

“She can't be shutting us down, can she?”

“Why would she do that?”

“Is it the council's decision?”

“Are we going to lose the club?”

Only the dancers knew the truth. Sandra asked them not to say a word. Charlotte and Tony were already good. A good chuck of regulars stopped coming because the queen the quit without any reason. That probably should have been the first clue of what was about to happen in a few minutes.

But the dancers couldn't say anything.

Finally, Sandra walked out on stage. No one said a word as all eyes fell on her. The owner looked at every single face in the crowd. Here it was. No turning back. Time to break free.

She took hold of the mic.

“Lovely people,” Sandra addressed the crowd. “I have an announcement to make.” Everyone hung onto her single word. She shifted her eyes back and forth before speaking.

“The Gentleman's Club will be closing by the end of this month,” she said. The crowd looked at each other with whispers.

“That can't be.”

“But why?”

“Did the council have something to do with it?”

“Why is this happening?”

“Why would she so this?”

Sandra whistled to get everyone's attention. When that failed, she tapped the microphone. She waited until the room got quiet.

“Hear me out,” Sandra said. “No one pushed me into this. The council didn't shut me down. I made this decision on my own. Now, why am I doing this?” She dropped her shoulders and breathed out.

“I feel that it is time for me to move on,” Sandra said. “I have found a new partner and a chance to start a new chapter in my life.” More whispers filled the room. The dancers didn't move, but the looks on their faces told what they felt about this idea. Sure, she helped them leave by getting their man with them and piecing together their personal problems. But what about the rest of the staff? Where would they go? Sandra spoke once more.

“But do not worry,” she said. “This club will stay open until the end of this month. I will help our lovely staff to move on like I have with our dancers. Let us not be sad. We must celebrate the ten years that we have been together. That is all. Thank you and goodbye.” Sandra bowed and disappeared back stage. Chatter and confusion floated through the room. There was no dancing. There was no music. The owner spent the rest of her night in the office.

Closing the Doors